Author Thread
Cat4Christ777

View Profile
Can We Suggest Filter Restrictions For Messaging?
Posted : 21 Aug, 2013 07:18 PM

Yes, Lukia,

A lot of people feel that way, but I have learned otherwise. I was raised in the Lutheran religion, and left at my first opportunity because they were focused on pomp and circumstance instead of on Christ.

I think religions are false teachers, and using people's naivette to fool them into thinking they are getting close to God by attending church every Saturday or Sunday. While I believe every religion holds members who have a relationship with Christ, not every member is so deliberate.

Just look at the many episodes of fraud and sexual abuse perpetrated by leaders, or trusted priests, of various religions and see their veil of Holiness fall away.

For me, I have a relationship with God through His Son Christ Jesus, and prefer the man I spend the rest of my life with have the same sort of relationship.

The different doctrines taught by religions only serve to cause strife and petty arguments between believers, wihich is divisive and cautioned against in the Bible (1 Corinthians 1:10-12).

I am sure you are aware that not everyone on Christian dating sites is truly Christian; and some try to fool us by pretending to be Christian. Discernment is necessary to determine who can be believed and trusted. I have already had my trust tested in my life, twice.

I am merely trying to make such discernment easier, if at all possible. I hope you understand, my sister.

God bless you!

--Cat

Cat4Christ777

View Profile
Can We Suggest Filter Restrictions For Messaging?
Posted : 20 Aug, 2013 09:35 PM

If it's possible, I would love to see more options for restricting who can message me.

See, I have discovered that being a member of a religion does not guarantee that the member is truly Christian, so I would like to restrict my contacts to those who are, like me, non-denominational.

Would that be possible at some point?

I am very warry of religions, as my unfaithful ex-husband was Catholic.

And, yes, I have put my preference on my profile, but not many men read profiles, apparently. Sorry, I'm just tired of getting messages from guys who are wrong for me.

--Cat

Cat4Christ777

View Profile
Old or New
Posted : 19 Aug, 2013 07:42 PM

Normally I tell new believers to begin with the Gospel of John, because it explains God's Nature, as well as the relationship between God and His other personas (Jesus and Holy Spirit).

Hope that helps!

--Cat

Cat4Christ777

View Profile
perception differences between men and women
Posted : 19 Aug, 2013 07:34 PM

Bythec,

I totally get what you're talking about here! My pictures are from last month, but I get views, winks, and messages from these same guys who've let themselves go and assume I'll fawn all over them as if I don't have standards.

LOL!

Guess that's the way guys are, huh?

--Cat

Cat4Christ777

View Profile
A Man's NEEDS
Posted : 18 Aug, 2013 10:38 PM

@DontHitThatMark

I never suggested men get married for sex, or for any reason. I merely pointed out MY own personal experiences.

All I said was one fiance, and 10-years later, a husband (different men) cheated on me. That's how I found out that neither one loved me, for you cannot love someone and then cheat on them.

Period. Please try reading things at face value instead of trying to put words into other people's mouths by adding to their words without their permission, OK?

Thanks.

Cat4Christ777

View Profile
The New Tower of Babel is Coming!
Posted : 18 Aug, 2013 07:02 PM

It is called the "One World Government."

Read the story of the Tower of Babel in Genesis 11:1-9. It is not long, but it is very telling.

It is a sign that, even back then, Man tends to ignore God or remove Him, then begin to glorify himself, building fantastic structures in praise to himself. PRIDE!

I think this is where the famous phrase, "Pride goes before the fall," comes from.

In our day, I believe we are beginning to see the same story play out, but on a much grander scale.

It's humanism, which glorifies Man and rejects God outright. This can only lead to great folly! I'll add more detail later. Just had to get that idea out.

Can anyone else see what's happening in our world, as I can? What do you think of all this?

Cat4Christ777

View Profile
What are biblical reasons or grounds for divorce?
Posted : 17 Aug, 2013 10:25 PM

Jewels,

Your post is exactly why it's so important to search carefully for a Godly partner, know them well, pray over and test their character before marrying them; for 2 Corinthians 6:14.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, after all.

Blessings, sister!

--Cat

Cat4Christ777

View Profile
Hello and goodbye...
Posted : 17 Aug, 2013 09:36 PM

If you're still here, I think someone ought to point out that, in your "Account Settings" page, you can block overseas folks from contacting you, so you don't have to have those experiences.

Just saying.

--Cat

Cat4Christ777

View Profile
Anyone from Colorado?
Posted : 9 Aug, 2013 09:44 PM

I am south of Denver.

Cat4Christ777

View Profile
advice for guys...plus me venting
Posted : 8 Aug, 2013 11:22 PM

I can totally relate to what you are saying, Chocpudding!

I am having a similar problem. Every guy who has even just viewed my profile can't message me because I set up filters for smokers, drinkers, and foreigners, as well as an age range.

Basically, they're all from overseas, and I'm American. The Americans who view me are either way to young or too old, or they smoke/drink.

On a dating site where I cannot set up such filters, I get messages from men who are--again--not matches for one reason or another; They don't even read my profile or pay attention to the details that indicate they should not message me.

This is very frustrating! I feel your pain, sister!

--Cat

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10