Author Thread
Linnie41

View Profile
What Does God Say About Birth Control
Posted : 10 Aug, 2009 12:00 AM

I don't think it's wrong at any age. We know that God is in control, and we also know that birth control fails. That would be God saying, "Nope - I want you to have this one." Lol

Linnie41

View Profile
Don't call her mom....I'm your mom.
Posted : 18 Jul, 2009 10:58 AM

I totally agree with Ladyizshy. This isn't something your 12 year old should have to handle. I think you need to speak to your X personally and tell him your son doesn't feel comfortable calling her mom, nor should he, considering they aren't even married yet (and even at that point, it is still your sons decision what to call her).

Just remember that no matter what, your influence and love can never be taken away or "trumped" by someone else in your X's life. You are, and will always be, mom to this boy. That won't change.

Blessings,

Lynn

Linnie41

View Profile
Mowing--yes, Mowing!!!
Posted : 16 Jul, 2009 04:33 AM

IAN!! I can't believe that this woman wrote asking for good solid advice about how to get rid of lines in her lawn and you suggested Agent Orange. Come on now, we both know that a small heard of goats is easier to come by and does the job much better.

:)

Linnie41

View Profile
Ask me out
Posted : 16 Jul, 2009 04:02 AM

Maybe the next time he comes in, play dumb and ask him, "So what is Sis's anyway? I've never been there." That will let him know that you remember he asked you to go, plus give him the opener to ask you again. Good way to start a conversation, too. :)

Linnie41

View Profile
The Sin of Idolatry
Posted : 13 Jul, 2009 08:14 PM

Am I having a flashback?

Idolatry is putting something before God or making it more important than God in your life. I do not for ONE SECOND see how celebrating Christmas - the birth of CHRIST - makes me an idolater and I don't care WHAT day it falls on or HOW it originated. We also have "Praise Night" at church in place of Halloween. Am I going to hell for that, too?

The Bible also says "judge not, lest ye be judged." That's the passage I think you should be concentrating on.

Linnie41

View Profile
single woman raising my grandson.
Posted : 13 Jul, 2009 08:04 PM

Have you checked into the Big Brother program? Also, you could talk to the pastor of your church and explain to him that your grandson needs a male influence - maybe one of the men that go to church there would be willing to step up and help out by doing "guy stuff" with him. I did this at my church (single mom with three boys) and a few of the guys did start doing things with the kids - it really helped!

Linnie41

View Profile
Age Difference
Posted : 8 Jul, 2009 12:36 AM

There was recently a post on this subject that I stayed out of. Lol

Honestly, yes. I think it's too much of an age difference. I think my "cut-off" age is when I know he couldn't be old enough to be my father, which is about 13 years (and even that is a little far out).

At 45, this person isn't "old" (hey, that's a few years older than ME!!). However, look down the road a little...when you're 45, he will be almost 70. He will have been able to draw social security for a couple of years...believe me, I'm in my 40's right now, and even if he's still in great physical shape, he's still pushing 70. I cannot for the life of me imagine being with someone that much older than me. Even now, you're only 23 - have you thought about whether you want kids?

I have a daughter your age and I can tell you I would come absolutely unglued if I found out she was dating someone my age. There are so many people in the world to have a relationship with that when I see or hear of a guy dating some girl 20+ years his junior, one word comes to mind: pervert. (And to be even, the same goes for women that I see with much younger men.)

Sorry, this is my opinion. :-)

Linnie41

View Profile
What's everybody havin for dinner tonite?
Posted : 7 Jul, 2009 10:46 PM

Cattle, you had A french fry? One? Must have been a big potato. ;-)

Linnie41

View Profile
Can anyone relate?
Posted : 7 Jul, 2009 07:34 AM

No one is going to want to avoid you - you were only being honest and open. That's a good quality.

And remember - "dead skunk" oil is used to make some of the most expensive and sought after perfumes in the world. It's all a matter of perception. :)

I'll be praying for you - from your profile, it sounds like you're on the right track already.

Blessings,

Lynn

Linnie41

View Profile
Can anyone relate?
Posted : 6 Jul, 2009 11:50 PM

I can relate big time. I've felt like this before - just wanting to go home, to be with God, to not have to deal with this life anymore. Yep. Been there. Feeling like nothing I do is right, like I don't fit in anywhere, like I'm someone that people just tolerate because they have to. But then I made the decision to stop listening to what satan had to say about me and listen to what God said for a change. And this is what your poem turned into:

My tears are silent, but You hear them. And sometimes, You cry with me. Always, You hold me while I cry.

I just wanted to know love, but I was too wrapped up in pity to see that Your love has always been there.

I wanted to make someone happy, but in order to do that, I had to start with loving myself as You love me.

I was made to be lonely and lowly for a season so I can come to know You - to depend on You - so that others can learn from my testimony and grow in Your love also.

I have only had pain and sadness, but as I look at Your word, it was replaced with gratefulness and joy.

I make people cry and not smile sometimes, because I am still human. But You are perfecting me and I know You can change me.

I was under the curse, but thanks to You, now I'm blessed.

I am a test people must endure, but if they can tolerate my sense of humor for a little while, they'll find that I would do anything I can to help them. :)

I don't know what to do, so thank you Lord that I'm not the one in control anymore.

I want to go home, take me home Father, but not until I've finished everything You intended for me to do here.

My Father. My Abba. I love You, too.

It gets better. And better. And better. Just trust Him.

Page : 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21