Author Thread
Linnie41

View Profile
the mood ive been in
Posted : 2 Sep, 2009 06:55 AM

Try Red. Breathe into me. That's a great scream song! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkXPw_lorew

Linnie41

View Profile
how will you know?
Posted : 1 Sep, 2009 12:46 AM

I can't really tell if the people that have written believe that God has that "ONE" person for you that you just have to be patient to meet someday, but I don't believe that. I believe that God gave us free will, and with that free will comes responsibility to follow His will in the TYPE of person we will choose as a mate. Nowhere in scripture does God tell us He has one specific person in mind for each of us.

Biblically, marriage is two people growing together and giving of themselves as helpers to each other through their relationship with Christ. There is no "special person" out there. If that were so, and God picked the "one" for us, why would there be any strife in marriage whatsoever? Isn't God's way perfect? Christ-like character is what we should look for in a mate. But before committing to someone, we have to understand commitment, and that starts by being truly committed to Christ and His standards. In that way, the person we pick will be the right one, because we've followed God's rules for choosing and not our own. We have to know that the giddy feelings and butterflies will fade over time, and that's when the understanding of commitment has to come into play. There WILL be times in marriage where you question whether or not he was "the one" and it's at these times you need to fully understand what it means to be married. It's a conscious choice that we make from our own free will about whom we will spend our lives with. And it's being willing, determined, and committed (there's that word again) to get through the rough stuff.

And the best piece of advice I've ever been given on relationships is: Anger is ALWAYS the second emotion. The true problem always lies with the first emotion (whether it be feeling disrespected, hurt, insulted...). The trick is, figuring out what that first emotion was, and learning how to talk about it.

Alright. If I write anymore, I'm going to have to start looking for a publisher. Lol

Blessings,

Lynn

Linnie41

View Profile
Be Cool(er)
Posted : 31 Aug, 2009 11:37 PM

Cool to me is someone who will accidentally trip while walking down the street, and instead of being embarrassed, throw their hands in the air and say, "TA DA!!!" It's someone who is nice to everyone they come into contact with and when they ask "how are you today?" they're genuinely interested in the answer. Cool is not being too busy or self involved to notice that the lady in the parking space next to you is done loading her groceries and you may as well take the cart in for her since you're going in the store anyway. It's stopping at the lemonade stand, buying a glass and giving the kid $5 instead of a quarter and telling him to keep the change. It's not knowing Biblical history, but LIVING and SEEING through the eyes of Christ. Uncool is staying inside your comfort zone out of fear of what others might think - and missing opportunity after opportunity to show people first hand what God's love is all about.

"If you never want to hear me talk about God, then never ask me why I'm smiling."

Linnie41

View Profile
Giving out persnal information
Posted : 31 Aug, 2009 11:14 PM

Remember there is no such thing as women's intuition. That's God nudging us, ladies. If it don't feel right, it ain't. Pay attention to that "little feeling" you get about someone. It's there for a reason.

Linnie41

View Profile
Needing Some Help/Outside Input
Posted : 31 Aug, 2009 07:10 AM

The one thing that stuck with me in your post is that his divorce was still in the finalization process. He was still married. God will never set you up with someone that is still married, I can guarantee that.

I don't know what the future holds with this guy - but be wary. Be very, very wary.

Linnie41

View Profile
IS "THE GIFT OF TONGUES," OF MODERN PENTECOSTALISM BIBLICAL?
Posted : 28 Aug, 2009 02:46 AM

This is one area we completely agree in, Walter! Right on!

Linnie41

View Profile
sigh....:(
Posted : 15 Aug, 2009 01:12 AM

I don't know the numbers, but I can imagine that the percentages are high that the people teasing you about remaining a virgin will, in the future, either be doctoring for an STD, paying child support for 18 years for an unplanned pregnancy, be in a bad marriage because of an unplanned pregnancy, be divorced, struggling as a single parent, or all of the above. They will someday wish they had waited, and may already be suffering guilt and shame for throwing away something that they can never have again - which could be the reason they are mocking you - out of jealousy and regret for their own actions.

I can't imagine the frustration you're feeling, because I didn't have the intelligence to wait. I'm now a single mother of four, and although I love my kids and God has blessed me greatly by allowing me to have them, my life would have been much, much easier had I followed His plan for me instead of MY plan for me.

Hang in there - it will be worth the wait.

Linnie41

View Profile
It's Heartbreaking, Isn't It?
Posted : 13 Aug, 2009 03:28 AM

Hi Zoe - this video brought me to tears. I know how many times I've been impatient with my mom over the years, and this really hits home. Hope it makes everyone think. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y381DEn5Ku0

Linnie41

View Profile
Be a servant.........save a baby
Posted : 10 Aug, 2009 12:09 AM

AMEN. I seriously will call tomorrow to see if there is any way I can help - even if I can stuff envelopes, I'm happy to do it. This is an absolutely HEINOUS practice and needs to STOP!!!

Linnie41

View Profile
What Does God Say About Birth Control
Posted : 10 Aug, 2009 12:02 AM

And to clarify, I'm talking about birth control that prevents a pregnancy - not something like the morning after pill that destroys it.

Page : 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20