Author Thread: Cdff wicked advertisements
lovehope3

View Profile
History
Cdff wicked advertisements
Posted : 3 Jun, 2013 01:39 PM

While sending a message to a woman minutes ago I was shocked to see an advertisement for a dating website with two men in the bed kissing.

How far is too far for a so called Christian website? Once before I seen advertisements for the fake Mormon religion on here. Presently there are advertisements with women showing much of their br...ts. Has money overruled Morality?

I'm glad for a site like this. Knowing that not everyone on here truly loves JESUS CHRIST but the website itself should be a better example.

I did some investigating and I'm glad to see that you don't have a men seeking men section. However, please be more faithful in what advertisements you allow. Thanks!

JESUS CHRIST LOVES you.

Brit1

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jun, 2013 06:06 AM

Hiya Brother, I agree with your post. I see you have had no replies apart from mine. It's a Christian website ? Then why allow such things. I like to have a laugh the same as the next person, im not a prude, but as Christians we should stand up for what we believe in, but also what we know is wrong and against what the Bible says. Please take a look at the category under this category in which you have written. ( Christian's and moral standards ), i have written an entry on it about a guy on here saying on his profile that he has " Cambodian children chained up in his basement ". When i told him i did not feel it was right to " joke" about things like that, he said i was a kill joy?? He even said some of the women have laughed with him when he suggested that he " throw them some food, or throw some food at them ". Its blatantly SICK. I have posted about 3 reports to the staff on here, but had no reply. It reminds me in a way of the situations i have come across in life where someone is getting hurt in the street, for instance, and everyone walks past and looks the other way. If i let this go and said nothing i would be just like him. The profile is mick james 19 i think. i will go and check. Some one needs to do something to get this part of his profile deleted.Thanks

lovehope3

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jun, 2013 07:11 AM

Yes that is bad! He should be rebuked. BLESS JESUS!

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jun, 2013 05:16 AM

I get kings island/work shoes/video game advertisements, which is all stuff I've been looking at. As a computer technician, it's a known fact that websites and browsers track your history, they're called "tracking cookies". That being said, it doesn't dictate every ad you get, however, I've been on this site and have never seen the ad you mentioned. Has anyone been using your computer? Sounds like maybe a lady has been on it if there's men and chocolate:laugh:. Most sites like this do not have a lot of direct control over the ads they get. If you see an offensive one, let them know, and they can possibly block ads from that specific vendor.

:peace::peace:

Matthew75

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jun, 2013 05:38 PM

I have a web filter and I never see the ads on this sight because they come from a source that advertises stuff I don't want my kids to see. So all I ever see in the banner is "Web Site Blocked"

I don't block all add providers because I know somebody has got to pay for the web sites I frequent but when I see an ad like what you mention, I add it to my blocked list.

lovehope3

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jun, 2013 05:57 AM

Same post is in biblical question section here's the latest comment:

First of all, if you did not look you would not know that the magazine was there nor what was on the magazine: so you had to have looked in order to have seen.

Second of all there are hundreds and hundreds of people that we may see within a week and you can't tell me that you would not look at a woman who was half dressed, if she walks right past you without you knowing it. You would see her and say wow that woman is half dressed. Just like you saw the woman on the side of your streen, you looked at her, that's how you knew she was there.

Now there's a difference between looking and staring. Moreso, there's a difference between looking in lust and looking in disgust.

Disgust is what prompted me to post this topic in the first place. On Facebook you see things & people dressed certain ways and it's expected. It's just that on a professing Christian site you don't expect for certain things to be advertised. Again, Mormonism was advertised. It's amazing how those so call "cookies" don't follow me anywhere else that I go but to this site: advertising things that I have No interest in.

Also, by GOD'S GRACE, I do know what it means to exercise control, but I'm pretty sure that if two naked men were sitting on your front lawn, you would not just say to yourself nor to your family "Hey just overlook it and control yourself." No, you would take steps to correct the situation. The same if you seen them sitting in church kissing. Life is not always about turning your head and looking the other way. Oftentimes corrective action must be taken. Someone needs to do or say something. ALL GLORY TO GOD. BLESS YOU LORD JESUS CHRIST. AMEN.

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jun, 2013 01:35 AM

It's almost certain that CDFF have no control over the adverts placed on the page - it will be a condition of hosting the site that adverts will be included alongside the site content. This can be got around by hosting the site on their own servers or paying for a more premium hosting solution, however both cost money and would mean that CDFF would have to charge members.

That there are adverts is not ideal, and the content of adverts can be in direct opposition to the site itself, however accepting such is the only way it can stay free and most people would prefer a free site with questionable adverts (which can be blocked) to one they have to pay for. It doesn't mean the site owner(s) approves of or chooses the adverts.

ChristianArtsy

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jul, 2013 05:11 AM

Completely agree with your post. At least I was happy to find that I gave everyone the benefit of the doubt at first, true not everyone here is a Christian or a least is not concerned with living a Christian lifestyle. As for the ads My Disclaimer>> not sure in this case, don't know how this site works with the ads it approves<<, but from experience with websites; when these ads are clicked, the site in which they appear gets credit thereby helping to pay for the site itself.

ChristianArtsy

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jul, 2013 05:17 AM

I get 1/2 necked, tops 1/2 up females for dating ads, or Asian women for dating every time. There is also an option to request ads be removed, so not sure its a general cookies issue, is it?

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jul, 2013 06:08 AM

Just pay for the adfree membership they offer. There you go.

really_54

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jul, 2013 06:14 PM

THANK YOU lovehope3 for your post. I agree that most of the advertizing on this site is disgusting. However, there is a way to block these ads completely and it doesn't cost any money. If you use Mozilla Firefox as your web browser, you can go to Tools > Add-ons > then type Adblock plus in the search box on the top right of the "Add-ons Manager" page. Find the add on called "Adblock plus". If this is not clear, you can paste the link below into your Firefox web browser and it will take you right there.

Blessings,

Paul

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/?src=search

Page : 1 2