Author Thread: No more Mr. Nice guy?
BretK

View Profile
History
No more Mr. Nice guy?
Posted : 16 Dec, 2007 11:47 AM

So, here's a question for ya:

Are girls REALLY interested in a "nice, fun guy"? I know this is usually code for "shy", but pretend it's not.

I've been a little frustrated in the past because it seems like showing respect is seen as "low confidence" or "not assertive enough". I know this is probably a case-by-case basis, but let's open up the floor here...

How nice and how naughty do you want your men?

:rocknroll:

View Profile
History
No more Mr. Nice guy?
Posted : 18 Dec, 2007 07:08 AM

I strongly feel that a nice man (well mannered, intelligent, generous, friendly, considerate, etc.) is a confident man who does not need to prove anything to anyone. He does not need to impress anyone. He is genuine with himself and those around him, in which, makes him rare and special. Men with such qualities are well respected and envied within the right setting of people. These men are successful people in any aspect of their lives. Oh, and I almost forgot, their subtle ways are so sexy. Any woman who has a man with such qualities is a very lucky woman. For he is NOT pretencious, a fake, an actor, superficial, and/or shallow. He's a man of CHARACTER, a man of his WORD, he's a well RESPECTED man for the quality of man that He IS.

Ooh, God Bless Him!! :glow:

MJ4Him

View Profile
History
No more Mr. Nice guy?
Posted : 22 Dec, 2007 09:58 PM

I think a guy who knows good manners and practices them, treats a lady as such, but still has a back-bone is the ideal man. Be kind, but lead. Be sweet, but be assertive. Don't be indecisive and expect us to make all the decisions. When we look good, tell us, but don't be fake and hand out compliments just to impress us.

But what any guy should do is follow his heart. If you have really fallen for someone, you will quickly learn just how she wants to be treated, and if you're crazy enough about her, it will come naturally to you to treat ther accordingly.

View Profile
History
No more Mr. Nice guy?
Posted : 6 Jan, 2008 09:44 AM

I have to agree with MJ4Him.

So many guys try to bend over backwards to be all to you if they want to impress you, but in my opinion it winds up making them look spineless. Be nice, but be true to yourself. Don't you want someone that is the same?

kidvid711

View Profile
History
No more Mr. Nice guy?
Posted : 24 Jul, 2008 11:10 AM

"I strongly feel that a nice man (well mannered, intelligent, generous, friendly, considerate, etc.) is a confident man who does not need to prove anything to anyone"

heh, the only man I can think of like that is Jesus Christ. The world is too sinful for a men to have all those qualities.

Melissassn1210

View Profile
History
No more Mr. Nice guy?
Posted : 30 Sep, 2008 01:22 AM

Ok so I'm actually going to be honest here,

I like guys to have an edge and know that they can be "man" when its called for, but I can also say that a guy with a good heart and a soft side is what every girl wants no matter what

ArticFox

View Profile
History
No more Mr. Nice guy?
Posted : 6 Dec, 2008 02:59 AM

I think this is the question that's been plaguing the "nice guys" since the dawn of man. Part of the problem is that the "nice guy construct" is different and varies from woman to woman. I've been on eHarmony for months now. I've met some very nice woman, but the last two that I had dated felt that was more of a friend than a romantic interest... Story of my life really...

I'm coming to realize that woman want a "nice guy" with qualities that make him seductively desirable as well.

Check out the Wikipedia article on "nice guy" sometime. It's an interesting read.

TheLordsPrince

View Profile
History
No more Mr. Nice guy?
Posted : 10 Mar, 2009 02:23 PM

Well praise God I must say you are brave for writing this forum for most guys are afraid to do such. I totally agree with you that it seems that nice guys get a little messed over. I know first hand for say if you are nice to a girl and is always there to support her. And this is in school whether college or not. Most of the time she is all in the face of guys who are rebellious and popular and everything. Then when she needs help with her homework or something she calls the nice guy. When thats done you cant find her no more I thought I was the only one going through this. But for guys who are nice and gets rejected I know it hurts especially if it happens all the time but realize that God made you with all your characteristics and he loves you the way you are for he created all of us. And if girls dont like that then thats thier lost we just live in a generation where some of the women and men arent like the ones of the previous. It be great if a man could find a godly women who is true to her word like St.Peter said she called her husband Master but it was her ability to see the LORD around and in Abraham that she loved him for who he was for she knew he was a righteous man and would treat her right. I love the story of Ruth Graham wife of Billy Graham she fell in love and married Billy because she said she knew that a Godly man was sometimes but is even harder now to find she had the moral thinking to love Billy for being nice to her and its sad that it seems we cant find women like them anymore. Now you have to have all these attributes to you when the most that should matter is liking a person for the LORD being in them and for who the person is. Its so hard to do in this world today for most women and men are physically seeing but are spiritually blind and i know for i kept asking the LORD one day and one of the first times I heard his actual voice was then he replied" Because they are blind spiritually and cant see my spirit in you" He answered with a voice that could be actually heard and so to the women and men wanting to know. If most cant see the God in you and want you to have these other attributes beside having the love of God then they are blind and you pray for people like that ok. Just trust in God and know he has someone for us that he has opened thier eyes and they can see the light of God in you and thats all that will matters for when it does everything else falls in place. God bless all of you ok

Phoenyx

View Profile
History
No more Mr. Nice guy?
Posted : 6 Apr, 2009 02:11 PM

It's not that important overall, but there are points of attractiveness. It is fine that you could be shy--or a fun, nice guy--but it's also nice to see that you feel open enough with us to show what you'd like to do. You could just as easily fit in the naughty catagory by sneaking up on her and hugging with your chin on her shoulder, (but be careful that she's not the jumpy type or you might have your jaw popped.)