Author Thread: does GOD ever hate you?
Admin

does GOD ever hate you?
Posted : 13 Jul, 2017 02:14 PM

I am going through such a bad time right now so very sad.

my 31 year old son both uses and sells drugs. he has literately nothing no home, no wife, job, kids money, NOTHING, so because I am his mother I am trying to help him. I know how stupid it was, but I did give him money, and now I am broke.I only work part-time, so I'm worried about money, and to top it off my son "because of sleeping where ever he can" brought in an infestation of bed-bugs believe me we are gonna get rid of them real quick!!!!!!! Yet when I very gently told my son about this, he got mad! (yeah, I'm afraid of him)

also, my daughter dated a man who I think just wanted sex. (she's a virgin, and PROUD of it, and still is) so he told my daughter she was annoying and immature and broke up with her. If that wasn't bad enough he is now dating my daughter's best friend and our former foster child. To make matters even worse, the "happy couple, sarcasm" has started a "hate group" (I know, juvenile right!) against my daughter and my self. I am trying to stay positive, use humor and draw closer to GOD, but it makes me wonder if when things are so very bad if GOD is mad at me? No I don't expect all sunshine and flowers but this IS a hard time, and boy do I feel alone

View Profile
History
does GOD ever hate you?
Posted : 13 Jul, 2017 10:35 PM

The whole world is evil and we are stuck in it,it's not a matter of being hated we are all in the same leaking boat, some just happen to be nearer to the leaks than others sometimes... maybe this is a chance for you to start plugging said leaks up as far as you can?

View Profile
History
does GOD ever hate you?
Posted : 30 Jul, 2017 11:31 AM

1 Cor 10:13 (ISV)

No temptation has overtaken you that is unusual for human beings. But God is faithful, and He will not allow you to be tempted beyond your strength. Instead, along with the temptation He will also provide a way out, so that you may be able to endure it.

2 Cor 12:9-10

but He has told me,“My grace is all you need, for My power is perfected in weakness.” Therefore, I will most happily boast about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

That is why I take such pleasure in weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and difficulties for Christ's sake, for when I am weak, then I am strong.

Phil 4:13 (MKJV)

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

And these next verses are my Fave:

Rom 8:38-39 (ISVN)

For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers,

nor anything above, nor anything below, nor anything else in all creation can separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

GOD Loves you so much! ;-*

#hugsss

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
does GOD ever hate you?
Posted : 3 Aug, 2017 09:45 PM

Very sorry to hear about your troubles. I pray you find some friends who love the Lord and I pray you find a qualified teacher/pastor who actually reads and understands the Bible and who cares for you enough to counsel with you from the of Word of God. Good fellowships (churches) are very hard to find. Too many "pastors" hardly bother to care for the spiritual needs of their own people or even to study the Bible well enough to encourage and train people from it.

View Profile
History
does GOD ever hate you?
Posted : 12 Aug, 2017 10:21 AM

Hello,

Yep it is me the truth seeker.

GOD Almighty is LOVE, He does not hate you,BUTHis enemy Ha Satan does,he hates everything about a believer in Messiah.

Resist the enemy and he will flee from you. Shalom

View Profile
History
does GOD ever hate you?
Posted : 16 Aug, 2017 10:59 AM

Thank you all. It is very hard, but my son is back in jail, which is where he needs to be.

Is it wrong for a Christian parent to tell his/her gone wrong child to stay away from her/him?

I did, I may be wrong, but I feel better.

Input please.

View Profile
History
does GOD ever hate you?
Posted : 1 Sep, 2017 04:00 PM

God is Love for sure. But it doesn't mean that God loves everybody. If God loves everybody, so how come billions and more then billions of people are in Hell and 99% go to Hell, but only few who find way Home ? Matthew 7:21. Psalm 5:5, 7:11. Romans 1:18-32. Romans 9:13. God indeed hates sinners who refuse to accept Jesus and obey His commandments. God surely created Hell not for mankind, only for Satan and his fallen angels or demons. But since many people reject Jesus and to follow and to endure the sound doctrine of God and to love and to justify their vile sins, so God sends them to Hell, because they love sins. God loves only the humble hearts of His elects.

View Profile
History
does GOD ever hate you?
Posted : 10 Nov, 2017 02:15 AM

God hates the choices we make, not us. He loves your son but hates the life that he has chosen for himself. And I think you are doing the right thing not supporting his choice. Being nice is not always helpful.

View Profile
History
does GOD ever hate you?
Posted : 12 Nov, 2017 01:56 PM

First of all, I'm so sorry you're going through this struggle, but this, too, shall pass. God can and WILL bring you through it! God never hates us. He hates sin, but He does not hate us. God loves you, AND God loves your children! He also loves those other people who are being mean. God truly loves everyone, even though we are all at different levels of closeness to Him, He still loves everyone! Only the enemy would try and convince you otherwise. Don't believe the lies of the enemy.

With that being said, I have been through some extremely awful situations, too, and God brought me through them ALL. So, I do have just a few things to suggest/share with you:

1. Everything truly happens for a reason. Whether it is to teach us lessons, to give us experiences that will help others someday, to show God's glory and power, to get us to change our way of life, etc... whatever the reason for our struggles... in the end, it is all designed to bring us closer to God and guide us through the perfect plan God has for our lives. Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

2. Spiritual warfare is very real and very serious. So, it is important that we stay as close to God as possible and let Him be in complete control of our lives because God has already won the war for us. The only thing the enemy and his demons can do is try and shake our faith. Don't fall for it! Hold on tightly to your faith in God!

3. Remove any and all doors and/or strongholds that the enemy can use to gain access to you and your family. Make your home a place where God is worshipped 24/7. Pray all day every day over your home and your family. Read your Bible every day. Play an audio Bible every night while you sleep. Fill your home with the Word of God. Play Christian music. Watch Christian movies. Host Bible studies. Make it VERY clear to the enemy, "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!"

4. Stop being afraid and start being BOLD in the Lord! God did not give us the spirit of fear! God gave us the spirit of Love, Power, and a Sound Mind! So claim it! Declare it! Tell your daughter AND your son that God blessed you to be their mother, so you will NOT give up on them, and they WILL serve the Lord... maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but SOMEDAY they WILL serve the Lord because you will pray every day for them to have a relationship with Jesus Christ... and God won't ignore the prayers of a desperate mother. Then, just keep praying for them and letting them see YOU live YOUR life for God, and they WILL follow your example someday. Remember you can't change your son. Only God can change him. But as a mother, you CAN pray for him and be a good example for him to watch and follow. Prayer does work!

5. Don't worry about what the other people are doing. Let them be mean and petty. That's between them and God. Just pray for them to get closer to God, and pray for the strength to keep God's peace in your heart no matter what mean things they do or say... and teach your daughter to do the same. In fact, pray together with your daughter and show her that we pray for our enemies because that's what Jesus taught us to do, to love our enemies even though they don't love us.

I will be praying for you and your beautiful family. God bless you and keep you! :raised_hands:

Millie18

View Profile
History
does GOD ever hate you?
Posted : 18 Jun, 2018 04:05 PM

Truth. God is Love. He does not have the capacity to hate anyone no matter what they’ve done. And God does not send people to hell for anything out of hate; he wishes that all would come to repentance. People choose hell for themselves by rejecting the gift of salvation through Jesus Christ. It breaks His heart when people reject Jesus because Jesus was the very best God had to give; a gift motivated by love. Anyone who believes God could hate has some theology issues, and is believing a lie. Ma’am, God does not hate you and He never will. Your children made their own decisions out of the free will that was given to them and you are not responsible for their decisions. Love them, pray for them, but don’t give them money or bail them out of jail; give them tough love. God is the best example of a parent because He lets us make mistakes if we choose to, but if we truly are sorry for what we’ve done and want to change, He will welcome anyone back with open arms. An example of this is the story of the prodigal son in Luke 11. The son blew up his life and made a mess of it, yet his father never stopped hoping he’d come back. And the story says the young man, “came to himself”, meaning he realized what a mess he’d made of his life and determined that he would change. And his father saw him coming down the road toward home, and the story says his father ran to him, hugged him and kissed him. That’s the imagery of a Heavenly Father who is waiting for your children to “Come to themselves”. And if jail is what it takes to do it then so be it. I minister in jails and prisons and believe me, it’s a terrible place but it’s a good place to decide to make some life changes. God loves you more than you can imagine. You and your children’s wholeness is His hearts desire. Never believe the lie of the devil that God hates. He wouldnt be holy if He did and He couldn’t be a Righteous Judge if He did. He is your hope, not your enemy. Your enemy is the one Jesus mentions in John 10:10; the thief who comes to steal, kill, and destroy; the devil. Remember this in closing: God will never put you down and Satan will never build you up. God loves you; Satan hates you. And he would love to have you believe that God hates you because it discourages you, which gives Satan the opportunity to steal your joy and peace. Don’t give him any ground; ask God for His help. And when your children come back from the land of the enemy and into their own borders (Jeremiah 31:16-17) and are repentant for their actions and ready to make life changes? Welcome them with open arms. God loves YOU! And He will accompany you through this life journey if you ask Him. I will pray for the restoration of your family and that truth will be revealed to you, In Jesus name. Blessings.

Gracenlight

View Profile
History
does GOD ever hate you?
Posted : 20 Oct, 2018 05:52 AM

Hello Debra, sorry I'm so late to this discussion, however, I hope your situation has improved. I won't offer you any "Christianese" platitudes, just a little bit of logical/ practical suggestions. I hope your son has received some counselling support in jail, that will help him turn his life around.

I just wanted to mention that you might like some of the "Boundaries in. . ." Books, by Cloud & Townsend, I believe. It's okay to set good boundaries with your son, especially to keep yourself healthy, and financially stable, plus not being an enabler will help your son to take responsibility for his own life and actions. As he makes healthy choices, you could decide to support him in ways like going to counselling together- if he's still in jail, hopefully they would have a psychologist available, etc.

Same goes for your daughter and her friends. Bravo to her for standing up for what she believes in, if keeping her virginity is important to her, no one should bully her into choosing differently!! - As you make healthy choices for yourself - aka - having healthy boundaries in your own life, it will be easier for your daughter (& son) to respect you, and follow suit.

I hope that God has granted you wisdom, discernment, and peace, when dealing with your family members.

Page : 1 2