Author Thread: Humor in a Relationship...is it important or unwanted
WHISPERRED110AC

View Profile
History
Humor in a Relationship...is it important or unwanted
Posted : 28 Jun, 2009 08:24 PM

Ladies, does humor in a relationship tend to make you withdraw from the guy. I'm speaking about the guy being able to laugh, making you laugh, and little sarcastic (playful) remarks about you, or with you. Please help me here.

David

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jun, 2009 12:56 AM

Well I'm not a girl but I can give you some advice from previous relationships and the answer is that yes girls love to laugh and they love it when a guy can make them laugh, the thing that's slightly tricky is 1. actually saying something that's at least a little funny 2. Know when to quit when you're ahead and 3. Don't try too hard to get a girl to laugh

ayngrady

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jun, 2009 07:48 AM

Laughter is great! I personally love to laugh!!!!!!!! ha ha ha ha ! see. strange I know... ok sorry... anyone who reads my profile will know that i am not a seriously grouchy person.

sarcasm, however, maybe not, unless she is being sacastic too. Truely, sarcasm makes a guy or a girl just sound like a royal egotistical bunkhead. It is hard to know when sarcasm is being funny or is seriousness being covered by an attempt at humor to soften the blow.

case in point.... i have this wonderful health food store i go to. organic is awsome. anyway i was on a weekend date and we were in the checkout line and he started slamming things in the store through sarcasm. i was embarrassd and said nothing and he sounded like a chemical filled J---!

ok nuff of the sermon . im sure a certain someone will follow soon with just the opposite oppinion so you can be still confused and have to make up your own mind.......ooooh! that was bitter sarcasm at its worst! makes everyone take a step back and say whoa! someonedidnt eat her chill pill today. see how that works?

k.ayn

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jun, 2009 08:45 PM

Humor is a very important part of a relationship, but you have to be careful about how you use it. Keep in mind that everyone has a unique self-esteem. If you joke and tease about something that the person is particularly sensitive about, it might send the wrong message, even if it was totally innocent. If she is someone who takes those things to heart, then it is HER problem and she is not the right person for you. Do not try to change yourself to fit the "ideal" of someone else. It will never work. Be who you are, and eventually the right person will accept you for that.

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jun, 2009 08:48 AM

I think a good sense of humor helps break the ice in situations your drawn in or you choose to be in. God created all things the time to laugh was one. I am going to try and enjoy that as often as I can. tknchances

angel_in_mn

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jun, 2009 08:30 PM

No way. I think that it is great in any relationship. Everyone likes to laugh, but people have a different sense of humor and what they consider funny. Personally I would prefer someone goofy over someone who takes everything so seriously.

prairiewriter

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jun, 2009 09:09 PM

Friends,

Humor in a relationship in my opinion is crucial. Just don't try to force it. A word of warning sargasm can turn on you in a New York minute. You should not belittle each other anyway if you want respect.

Steve:yay:

trubeliever70

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jun, 2009 10:52 PM

well said to you all.:waving:

1LovelyItaliana

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jul, 2009 01:50 AM

Women love a good laugh... the key is knowing the time and place for it. Just keep track of how she is feeling, acting, etc. It depends on the woman, too- we're all different, so you need to hone in on what you honey needs and work with it until you've got her down to a science. Most married men end up figuring this out by the time they're...oh.... sixty. :p :) Good luck! xo M

WHISPERRED110AC

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jul, 2009 08:27 PM

Well I learned a valuable lesson/s Thanks ladies I appreciate the help.

WHISPERRED110AC

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jul, 2009 08:31 PM

Thanks tknchances,

I think I thanked you before but wasn't sure. David

"I think I thanked you before but wasn't sure" sounds like the beginning of a country western song

Page : 1 2