Author Thread: Alcohol
Admin

Alcohol
Posted : 2 Dec, 2019 06:45 AM

I wanted to know your thoughts on driking.

Drink with moderation:

Ecclesiastes 3:13

Ecclesiastes 9:7-10

1 Timothy 5:23

Matthew 26:29

Luke 7:34

John 2:1-10

Psalm 104:15

Or not to drink:

Proverbs 20:1

Ephesians 5:18

View Profile
History
Alcohol
Posted : 5 Dec, 2019 01:32 AM

better not to drink :D

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Alcohol
Posted : 7 Dec, 2019 01:48 PM

Christians should not practice drinking, usually leads to getting drunk one or more times in a person's life. The Bible teaches against getting drunk.

Most people that drink don't drink in moderation.

People desire to drink love to use that as an excuse.

View Profile
History
Alcohol
Posted : 17 Jan, 2020 08:48 AM

Most people that drink DO drink in moderation. Worked in places that sell and serve quite while.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Alcohol
Posted : 18 Jan, 2020 06:32 AM

I enjoy the occasional drink, but wouldn't dream of telling someone they should of shouldn't drink. As adults we're capable of making our own decisions. And as long as those decisions are informed by biblical principles it's all good...

View Profile
History
Alcohol
Posted : 18 Jan, 2020 09:31 AM

Christians should not eat. It usually leads to gluttony one or more times in a person's life. The Bible teaches against gluttony.

Most people that eat don't eat in moderation.

People desire to eat love to use that as an excuse

Teddyhug^

View Profile
History
Alcohol
Posted : 18 Jan, 2020 10:48 AM

That is HILARIOUS CountryIvy and gets right to the heart of the matter, doesn't it!? Lol! Its like what we say here in Kansas, we need to outlaw all guns, forks and spoons, they are killing people! Right? They do jump up off the table and kill people! Its a fact, correct? So it is with alcohol.

So what have we learned here kids by CountryIvy??? Alcohol is NOT the problem, its the consumer that is! Abuse it and it will abuse you and other bystanders! Wake up people!

OK CountryIvy, a little advice for you. When you go out on the town, always check for chicken p o o p on your shoulder???

View Profile
History
Alcohol
Posted : 18 Jan, 2020 04:58 PM

I don't usually have chickens on my shoulder. That was just a one time occurrence.

JamesEG

View Profile
History
Alcohol
Posted : 19 Jan, 2020 11:58 AM

Proverbs 31:4-7 is one of my favorite passages dealing with consuming alcoholic beverages.

Even persons I know who claim to drink only in moderation typically admit to having been drunk at least once in the past.

Furthermore, even one drink negatively affects certain characteristics.

Though alcohol has some medicinal benefits when taken in the proper dosages for specific ailments, there are lots of other medicines now that can often provide medical benefits as good or better without the harmful potential side effects of alcohol. And even drugs like penicillin should only be taken in moderation and only when necessary.

The American Heart Association urges persons who don't drink alcoholic beverages not to start. And the American Medical Association urges advertising for alcoholic beverages to be limited only to retail establishments.

Personally, I choose to abstain from consuming alcoholic beverages and God has blessed me to be happy and healthy.

Alligator

View Profile
History
Alcohol
Posted : 7 Feb, 2020 07:48 PM

Often (not always) people who drink cannot stop at one. AA rooms are full of men and women who didn't mean to get drunk, hit their spouse, lose their drivers license, etc. I used to go to AA meetings with my ex because he needed a driver. When I met him, he stopped at one, but as time went by, life occurred, deaths, bills, etc., he would have 2 or 3, then finally was obsessed with the next drink. I have had messages from men who mark their profile NO for drink. yet they ask if I enjoy going to vineyards for wine tasting, or do i like to watch DVD's while drinking wine. NO to alcohol in any form.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Alcohol
Posted : 8 Feb, 2020 09:35 AM

Most people that drink has gotten drunk at least once in their life if not more.

Drunkenness is not good.

Page : 1 2