Author Thread: SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT ON THE USE OF THE TERM “FATHER”
LittleDavid

View Profile
History
SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT ON THE USE OF THE TERM “FATHER”
Posted : 8 Dec, 2019 01:05 AM

In response to Prophetic 7744’s continued abuse of scripture, I’m introducing an article from “Got Questions” that more fully explains what Jesus truly meant by “do not call any man father...”

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Dec, 2019 05:23 AM

**IS JESUS OUR GREAT **GOD** AND SAVIOR**??

John 20:27-29: Then He said to Thomas, "Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe!" Thomas said to him, "My Lord and **MY GOD**!" Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen Me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed!"

Isaiah 9:6: For unto us a Child is born, to us a Son is given, and the government will be on His shoulders. And He will be called Wonderful Counselor and **MIGHTY GOD**!

Isaiah 7:14: The Lord Himself will give you a sign. The virgin will conceive and give birth to a Son, and will call Him **IMMANUEL**! Which means **GOD WITH US**!

Matthew 1:20-23: The angel of the Lord said to Joseph, "Take Mary home as your wife because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She is to give birth to a Son, and you are to give Him the name Jesus which means **GOD IS HELP**, because He will save His people from their sins. All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet {Isaiah 7:14 above} "The virgin will conceive and give birth to a Son, and they will call Him **IMMANUEL** which means **GOD WITH US**!

John 1:18: No one has ever seen God, but the One and only Son, who is **HIMSELF GOD** and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made Him known!

John 14:6,7: Jesus says, "I am the **WAY** the **TRUTH** and the **LIFE**. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

**GOD'S WORD COMMANDS THAT WE SHOULD ONLY WORSHIP GOD**!!

Matthew 4:9,10: Satan said to Jesus, "All this I will give you if you bow down and worship me." Jesus said to him, Away from Me Satan! For it is written, '**WORSHIP THE LORD YOUR GOD** and serve Him only!

Revelation 19:9,10: The angel said to me, "Write this: **BLESSED** are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the **LAMB**!" And he added, "These are the true words of God!" At this I fell at his feet to **WORSHIP** him, But he said to me, "Don't do that! I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers and sisters who hold to the testimony of Jesus! **WORSHIP GOD**! For it is the spirit of prophecy who bears testimony to Jesus!"

Revelation 22:8,9: I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who had been showing them to me. But he said to me, "**DON'T DO THAT** A am a fellow servant with you and with your fellow prophets and with all who **KEEP THE WORDS** of this scroll. **WORSHIP GOD**!!

Hebrews 1:6,8: When God brings His firstborn into the world He says, "Let all God's angels **WORSHIP HIM**.... About the Son He says, "Your throne, **O GOD**, will last for ever and ever, a scepter of justice will be the scepter of **YOUR KINGDOM**!"

Matthew 28:18-20: Jesus says, "**ALL AUTHORITY**in heaven and on earth has been given to **ME**. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations... and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always!"

**JESUS CHRIST, OUR GREAT GOD AND SAVIOR**

Jesus is **WORSHIPED** many times in God's Word in Matthew 2:2,8,11; 14:33; 28:9,17 Luke 24:52 John 9:38 and Revelation 5:11-14 and !5:4!!

Matthew 2:10,11: When the Wise Men saw the star, they were overjoyed. On coming to the house, they saw the Child with His mother Mary, and they bowed down and **WORSHIPED HIM**!

Matthew 14:33; Then those who were in the boat **WORSHPED HIM**!!

Matthew 28:8,9: So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell His disciples. Suddenly Jesus met them. "Greetings," He said. They came to Him, clasped His feet and **WORSHIPED HIM**!

Matthew 28:16,17: Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. When the saw Him, they **WORSHIPED HIM**!

There are some who completely ignore these Scriptures and claim that Jesus is not God because he said that the Father is greater than me in John 14:28 and that the Father told Him what to say as per John 14:23,24: Jesus says, "Anyone who loves Me will obey My teaching. My Father will love them, and We will come to them and make our home with them. Anyone who does not love Me will not obey My teaching. The words you hear are not My own; they belong to the Father who sent Me."

John 9:37,38: Jesus said, "You have now seen Him; in fact, He is the one speaking with you!" Then the man said, "Lord, I believe," and he **WORSHIPED HIM**!

NOTE: Jesus is called the **LAMB** 30 times in the book of Revelation!

Revelation 5:13,14: Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, an all that is In them, saying "To Him who sits on the throne and to the **LAMB** be praise and honor and glory and power for ever and ever!" The 4 living creatures said, "Amen," and the elders fell down and **WORSHIPED**!

Revelation 17:14; They will wage war against the **LAMB**, but the **LAMB** will overcome them because He is **LORD** of lords and King of kings--and with Him will be **HIS** **CALLED**, *CHOSEN** and **FAITHFUL** followers!!

Titus 2:13,14: We wait for the **BLESSED HOPE**--the glorious appearing of our **GREAT GOD AND SAVIOR**, Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify a people that are **HIS VERY OWN**, eager to do what is good!!

John 1:1,2,18: In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God. and **THE WORD WAS GOD**! He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made, without Him nothing was made that has been made. ... No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is **HIMSELF GOD** and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made Him known!

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Dec, 2019 06:35 AM

Thank you prophetic for proving my point exceedingly. FYI: You have to use very particular translations of the original languages to manipulate scripture to say what you want it to say. One can easily use another legitimate translation leaving you without ANY supporting proof Texts.

Furthermore, you appear completely oblivious to the many faceted definition of the word "worship" in the original languages, which more often than not means merely to bow to another as a sign of respect. For example, king David was said to be "worshiped". This does mean king David was 'God'?

You have choices; 1) Research with an open mind what I have told you and embrace the truth. 2) Continue blindly clinging to your preconceived dogma coerced from scripture though through unscrupulous methods, staying ignorant in huddling in a false sense of security.

The choice is yours.

("The truth will set you free")

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Dec, 2019 06:59 AM

Chuckk apparently does not believe that Jesus is God and has accused me of manipulating Scripture to prove that Jesus is God. Chuck has also implied that it is all right to worship someone even though he is not God.

**BUT WHAT DOES GOD'S WORD SAY**??

**IS JESUS OUR GREAT **GOD** AND SAVIOR**??

John 20:27-29: Then He said to Thomas, "Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe!" Thomas said to him, "My Lord and **MY GOD**!" Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen Me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed!"

Isaiah 9:6: For unto us a Child is born, to us a Son is given, and the government will be on His shoulders. And He will be called Wonderful Counselor and **MIGHTY GOD**!

Isaiah 7:14: The Lord Himself will give you a sign. The virgin will conceive and give birth to a Son, and will call Him **IMMANUEL**! Which means **GOD WITH US**!

Matthew 1:20-23: The angel of the Lord said to Joseph, "Take Mary home as your wife because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She is to give birth to a Son, and you are to give Him the name Jesus which means **GOD IS HELP**, because He will save His people from their sins. All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet {Isaiah 7:14 above} "The virgin will conceive and give birth to a Son, and they will call Him **IMMANUEL** which means **GOD WITH US**!

John 1:18: No one has ever seen God, but the One and only Son, who is **HIMSELF GOD** and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made Him known!

John 14:6,7: Jesus says, "I am the **WAY** the **TRUTH** and the **LIFE**. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

**GOD'S WORD COMMANDS THAT WE SHOULD ONLY WORSHIP GOD**!!

Matthew 4:9,10: Satan said to Jesus, "All this I will give you if you bow down and worship me." Jesus said to him, Away from Me Satan! For it is written, '**WORSHIP THE LORD YOUR GOD** and serve Him only!

Revelation 19:9,10: The angel said to me, "Write this: **BLESSED** are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the **LAMB**!" And he added, "These are the true words of God!" At this I fell at his feet to **WORSHIP** him, But he said to me, "Don't do that! I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers and sisters who hold to the testimony of Jesus! **WORSHIP GOD**! For it is the spirit of prophecy who bears testimony to Jesus!"

Revelation 22:8,9: I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who had been showing them to me. But he said to me, "**DON'T DO THAT** A am a fellow servant with you and with your fellow prophets and with all who **KEEP THE WORDS** of this scroll. **WORSHIP GOD**!!

Hebrews 1:6,8: When God brings His firstborn into the world He says, "Let all God's angels **WORSHIP HIM**.... About the Son He says, "Your throne, **O GOD**, will last for ever and ever, a scepter of justice will be the scepter of **YOUR KINGDOM**!"

Matthew 28:18-20: Jesus says, "**ALL AUTHORITY**in heaven and on earth has been given to **ME**. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations... and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always!"

**JESUS CHRIST, OUR GREAT GOD AND SAVIOR**

Jesus is **WORSHIPED** many times in God's Word in Matthew 2:2,8,11; 14:33; 28:9,17 Luke 24:52 John 9:38 and Revelation 5:11-14 and !5:4!!

Matthew 2:10,11: When the Wise Men saw the star, they were overjoyed. On coming to the house, they saw the Child with His mother Mary, and they bowed down and **WORSHIPED HIM**!

Matthew 14:33; Then those who were in the boat **WORSHPED HIM**!!

Matthew 28:8,9: So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell His disciples. Suddenly Jesus met them. "Greetings," He said. They came to Him, clasped His feet and **WORSHIPED HIM**!

Matthew 28:16,17: Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. When the saw Him, they **WORSHIPED HIM**!

There are some who completely ignore these Scriptures and claim that Jesus is not God because he said that the Father is greater than me in John 14:28 and that the Father told Him what to say as per John 14:23,24: Jesus says, "Anyone who loves Me will obey My teaching. My Father will love them, and We will come to them and make our home with them. Anyone who does not love Me will not obey My teaching. The words you hear are not My own; they belong to the Father who sent Me."

John 9:37,38: Jesus said, "You have now seen Him; in fact, He is the one speaking with you!" Then the man said, "Lord, I believe," and he **WORSHIPED HIM**!

NOTE: Jesus is called the **LAMB** 30 times in the book of Revelation!

Revelation 5:13,14: Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, an all that is In them, saying "To Him who sits on the throne and to the **LAMB** be praise and honor and glory and power for ever and ever!" The 4 living creatures said, "Amen," and the elders fell down and **WORSHIPED**!

Revelation 17:14; They will wage war against the **LAMB**, but the **LAMB** will overcome them because He is **LORD** of lords and King of kings--and with Him will be **HIS** **CALLED**, *CHOSEN** and **FAITHFUL** followers!!

Titus 2:13,14: We wait for the **BLESSED HOPE**--the glorious appearing of our **GREAT GOD AND SAVIOR**, Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify a people that are **HIS VERY OWN**, eager to do what is good!!

John 1:1,2,18: In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God. and **THE WORD WAS GOD**! He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made, without Him nothing was made that has been made. ... No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is **HIMSELF GOD** and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made Him known!

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Dec, 2019 03:54 PM

Prophetic says:

"Chuckk ....has accused me of manipulating Scripture to prove that Jesus is God. Chuck has also implied that it is all right to worship someone even though he is not God."

What does Scripture say?

"And all the congregation blessed the LORD God of their fathers, and bowed down their heads, and worshipped the LORD, and the king."

1Ch 29:20 (KJV)

Oh Snap!

Maybe you want use another translation to manipulate the meaning you want?

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Dec, 2019 05:19 PM

Matthew 23:9: Jesus says, "Do not call anyone on earth **FATHER**, for you have **ONE FATHER** and He is in heaven!!"

The Roman Catholic Church and littlestdavid and chuck wrongly claim that our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is completely **CO-EQUAL** WITH GOD THE FATHER**???

Jon 1:18: No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is Himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made Him known!

Dueteronomy 18:17-19: The Lord said to Moses, "I will raise up for them a Prophet like you from among their fellow Israelites, and I will put My words in His mouth. He will tell them everything I command Him. I Myself will call to account anyone who does not listen to My words that the Prophet speaks in My name!"

John 14:23,24, 28: Jesus says, "Anyone who loves Me will obey My teaching, My Father will love them and We will come too them an make our home with them. Anyone who does not love Me will not obey My teaching. These words you hear are not My own, **THEY BELONG TO THE FATHER WHO SENT ME**.... You have heard Me say, 'I am going away and am coming back to you.' If you loved Me, you would be glad I am going to the **FATHER** , for the **FATHER IS GREATER THAN I!"

Revelation 1:1: The Revelation from Jesus Christ which God {The **FATHER**} **GAVE HIM** to show His servants which must take place!

John 17:17: Jesus prayed to His **FATHER**, "Sanctify them by the Truth, **YOUR WORD** IS TRUTH**!!

Jesus taught us to only **PRAY TO GOD THE FATHER**:

Matthew 5:6-15: Jesus says, "When you pray, go into your room, close the door and **PRAY TO YOUR FATHER**, who is unseen. Then your **FATHER**, who sees what is done in secret, will **REWARD YOU**. And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them, for your **FATHER** knows what you need before you ask Him. This the is how you should pray: 'Our **FATHER** in heaven, hallowed be your name, **YOUR KINGDOM COME** {See I Corinthians 15:22-24 below}, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts {sins}, as we forgive our debtors.... For if you forgive other people who sin against you, your heavenly **FATHER** will also forgive you. but if you do not forgive others their sins, your **FATHER** will not forgive your sins'!"

Luke 11:1-4: One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. When He finished, one of His disciples said to Him, "Lord, teach us to pray. Jesus said to them, "When you pray, say: "**FATHER**, hallowed be your name, **YOUR KINGDOM COME** Give us each day our daily bread. Forgive us our sins, for we forgive everyone who sins against us!'"

I Corinthians 15:22-24: For as in Adam all die , so in Christ all will be made alive. But each in turn, Christ, the Firstfruits, then, when He comes those who belong to Him. Then the end will come when He hands over the **KINGDOM TO GOD THE **FATHER**!

John 6:37,39,44,65: Jesus says, "**ALL THAT THE **FATHER** GIVES ME** will come to Me, and whoever comes to Me I will **NEVER** drive away... And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that I shall **LOSE NONE** of all that **HE HAS GIVEN ME**, but raise them up at the Last Day.... No one can come to Me **UNLESS THE **FATHER**WHO SENT ME DRAWS HIM**, and I will raise him up at the Last Day!!... No one can come to Me **UNLESS THE **FATHER** HAS ENABLED THEM**!!"

Not every one who says to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he who does the **WILL OF MY FATHER** who is in heaven." (Matthew 7:21)

Luke 22:42: Jesus says, **FATHER**, if you are willing, take this cup from Me; yet not My will, but **YOUR WILL BE DONE!!"

The Roman Catholic Church and littlestdavid and chuck sinfully claim that our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is completely **CO-EQUAL** WITH GOD THE FATHER**???

KJVonly

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Dec, 2019 05:46 PM

AMEN chuckk!

Another witness to the truth. Thanks for posting.

What does the Catholic Church teach us about the Holy Trinity?

Catholics believe that there are three >>>distinct Persons<<< to this one God and that these three Persons form a unity. This belief is called the doctrine of the Trinity: God the Father - the creator and sustainer of all things. God the Son - the incarnation of God as a human being, Jesus Christ, on Earth.

There are NOT 3 three "distinct" persons.

ONE God ..three which make up ONE Godhead. One God. ONE God.

Jesus created all things according to John 1:1

We know Jesus is the WORD of God.

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3>>> ALL << things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

7 The same came for a witness,>>>to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.<<<<

KJVonly

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Dec, 2019 05:50 PM

What is the meaning of distinct?

distinct, separate, discrete mean>>> not being each and every one the same<<<. distinct indicates that something is distinguished by the mind or eye as being >>>apart or different<<< from others. >>>two distinct versions separate often stresses lack of connection<<< or a difference in identity between two things.

KJVonly

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Dec, 2019 05:53 PM

David quote:

I highly recommend Ron Rhodes books and articles!

So much false teaching has fascinated the world as evidenced on this forum and all of it needs to be answered by getting back to the Word of God

End quote

So are you saying that the WORD of God is found in books and articles???

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Dec, 2019 06:02 PM

Prophetic posits;

"The Roman Catholic Church and littlestdavid and chuck sinfully claim that our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is completely **CO-EQUAL** WITH GOD THE FATHER**???"

Are you reading with comprehension? Or writing incomprehensibly?

For the record; the RCC deems my beliefs heretical.

Since you are all over the map desperately trying to prove who knows what? Why don't you clearly state the topic. Then write what you believe about it. I know Scripture well enough than I don't need your concordance generated list of misinterpreted verses.

Or are you one of these nuts who believes out of context Scripture verses supply the answer to every question? You realize that is subjective interpolation?

Whether you're a nut or not we shall soon see. But I can't help but notice that I give you just one verse conflict with your accusation and you choose to ignore it. Is this the cultish mentality of one choosing to stay deceived? Or did it just slip your mind?

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Dec, 2019 07:53 PM

Matthew 23:9: Jesus says, "Do not call anyone on earth **FATHER**, for you have **ONE FATHER** and He is in heaven!!"

The Roman Catholic Church and littlestdavid and chuckk wrongly claim that our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is completely **CO-EQUAL** WITH GOD THE FATHER**???

Jon 1:18: No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is Himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made Him known!

Dueteronomy 18:17-19: The Lord said to Moses, "I will raise up for them a Prophet like you from among their fellow Israelites, and I will put My words in His mouth. He will tell them everything I command Him. I Myself will call to account anyone who does not listen to My words that the Prophet speaks in My name!"

John 14:23,24, 28: Jesus says, "Anyone who loves Me will obey My teaching, My Father will love them and We will come too them an make our home with them. Anyone who does not love Me will not obey My teaching. These words you hear are not My own, **THEY BELONG TO THE FATHER WHO SENT ME**.... You have heard Me say, 'I am going away and am coming back to you.' If you loved Me, you would be glad I am going to the **FATHER** , for the **FATHER IS GREATER THAN I!"

Revelation 1:1: The Revelation from Jesus Christ which God {The **FATHER**} **GAVE HIM** to show His servants which must take place!

John 17:17: Jesus prayed to His **FATHER**, "Sanctify them by the Truth, **YOUR WORD** IS TRUTH**!!

Jesus taught us to only **PRAY TO GOD THE FATHER**:

Matthew 5:6-15: Jesus says, "When you pray, go into your room, close the door and **PRAY TO YOUR FATHER**, who is unseen. Then your **FATHER**, who sees what is done in secret, will **REWARD YOU**. And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them, for your **FATHER** knows what you need before you ask Him. This the is how you should pray: 'Our **FATHER** in heaven, hallowed be your name, **YOUR KINGDOM COME** {See I Corinthians 15:22-24 below}, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts {sins}, as we forgive our debtors.... For if you forgive other people who sin against you, your heavenly **FATHER** will also forgive you. but if you do not forgive others their sins, your **FATHER** will not forgive your sins'!"

Luke 11:1-4: One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. When He finished, one of His disciples said to Him, "Lord, teach us to pray. Jesus said to them, "When you pray, say: "**FATHER**, hallowed be your name, **YOUR KINGDOM COME** Give us each day our daily bread. Forgive us our sins, for we forgive everyone who sins against us!'"

I Corinthians 15:22-24: For as in Adam all die , so in Christ all will be made alive. But each in turn, Christ, the Firstfruits, then, when He comes those who belong to Him. Then the end will come when He hands over the **KINGDOM TO GOD THE **FATHER**!

John 6:37,39,44,65: Jesus says, "**ALL THAT THE **FATHER** GIVES ME** will come to Me, and whoever comes to Me I will **NEVER** drive away... And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that I shall **LOSE NONE** of all that **HE HAS GIVEN ME**, but raise them up at the Last Day.... No one can come to Me **UNLESS THE **FATHER**WHO SENT ME DRAWS HIM**, and I will raise him up at the Last Day!!... No one can come to Me **UNLESS THE **FATHER** HAS ENABLED THEM**!!"

Not every one who says to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he who does the **WILL OF MY FATHER** who is in heaven." (Matthew 7:21)

Luke 22:42: Jesus says, **FATHER**, if you are willing, take this cup from Me; yet not My will, but **YOUR WILL BE DONE!!"

The Roman Catholic Church and littlestdavid and chuckk sinfully claim that our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is completely **CO-EQUAL** WITH GOD THE FATHER**???

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7