Author Thread: SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT ON THE USE OF THE TERM “FATHER”
LittleDavid

View Profile
History
SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT ON THE USE OF THE TERM “FATHER”
Posted : 8 Dec, 2019 01:05 AM

In response to Prophetic 7744’s continued abuse of scripture, I’m introducing an article from “Got Questions” that more fully explains what Jesus truly meant by “do not call any man father...”

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Dec, 2019 09:30 AM

Our great God and Savior Jesus Christ even changed the Old Testament law of loving your neighbor as yourself!!

John 13;34,35: Jesus says, "A **NEW COMMAND** I give you: **LOVE ONE ANOTHER, AS I HAVE LOVED YOU**! As I have loved you so you **MUST** love one another. By this everyone will know that you are My disciples!"

John 15:12-14: Jesus says, "My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: **TO LAY DOWN ONES'S LIFE FOR ONE'S FRIENDS**! You are My friends **IF** you do what I command!"

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Dec, 2019 12:50 PM

Prophetic,

"Chuckels just wanted me to show two OT laws changed by Jesus in the New Testament * So I will just name 3."

You are still wasting time and space. Jesus has the authority to expand, modify and add Commandments.

The question is and always has been: Does Paul have the authority to expand, modify and add Commandments?

If you say yes, then please supply Scriptural evidence

Or

Admit you have none

I'll respect either answer, just be honest.

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Dec, 2019 12:55 PM

Our great God and Savior Jesus Christ even changed the OT law which greatly increased the love in the Old Testament law of loving your neighbor as yourself!!

John 13;34,35: Jesus says, "A **NEW COMMAND** I give you: **LOVE ONE ANOTHER, AS I HAVE LOVED YOU**! As I have loved you so you **MUST** love one another. By this everyone will know that you are My disciples!"

John 15:12-14: Jesus says, "My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: **TO LAY DOWN ONES'S LIFE FOR ONE'S FRIENDS**! You are My friends **IF** you do what I command!"

Then Littlestdavid made this ridiculous quote:

Here we go again, the “prophetic” thinks Jesus actually tinkered with God’s word and decided it’s high time we start loving our neighbors in the NT... WHAT RIDICULOUS NONSENSE!!

Llittlest david I just quoted God's word showing that Jesus gave us a **NEW AND BETTER COMMAND** and you call it **RIDICULOUS NONSESNSE**???

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Dec, 2019 01:23 PM

chuckels quote:

"The question is and always has been: Does Paul have the authority to expand, modify and add Commandments?"

Chuckles: We have severe disagreements on this forum but we all agree that the 14 books by Paul in the New Testament are all inspired by God and have **ZERO ERRORS** and all of Paul's commandments are also inspired commandments of God. and all apply to the present day.

Acts 9:15: The Lord said to Ananias, "This man{Paul} is My **CHOSEN INSTRUMENT**to proclaim My name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel.

Acts 26:16-18: The Lord said to Paul, " I have appeared to you to appoint you as a servant and as a witness of **WHAT YOU HAVE SEEN AND WILL SEE OF ME! I will rescue from your own people and from the Gentiles. I am sending you to them to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in Me!"

2 Peter 3:15,16: Bear in mind that our Lord's patience means salvation, just as our **DEAR BROTHER PAUL ALSO WROTE WITH THE WISDOM THAT GOD GAVE HIM**! He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand {For the Lost}. which IGNORANT AND UNSTABLE PEOPLE DISTORT {like chuckels}, as they do other Scriptures to **THEIR OWN DESTRUCTION**!

Actually the question is not as you say that Paul has the authority to add new commandments but whether Paul was inspired by God to write new commands in his 14 books which is over half of the New Testament of God's inspired words.

John 16: Jesus says, "I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. But when he, the spirit of Truth comes, he will guide you into all the Truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will glorify Me because it is from Me that he will receive what he will make known to you!"

And holy spirit inspired the 8 writers of the 27 books of the New Testament to write everything Jesus told him to write which includes all of the 14 books of Paul.

THE GREAT COMMISSION: Matthew 28:18-20: Jesus says, “All authority in heaven and on ***EARTH*** has been given to Me {Not some RC Pope}. Therefore go and make disciples of *ALL NATIONS*...teaching them to **OBEY EVERYTHING** {The entire NT inspired by Jesus} I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very *END OF THE AGE*!”

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Dec, 2019 01:33 PM

Prophetic,

Jesus has authority to change Laws. Prove Paul did.

Oh Snap!

You can't

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Dec, 2019 02:34 PM

chuckels quote:

"The question is and always has been: Does Paul have the authority to expand, modify and add Commandments?"

Actually chuckels it is very easy to understand, unless you are brain dead, that God inspired Moses what to write just as God inspired Paul what to write!

Chuckles: We have severe disagreements on this forum but we all agree that the 14 books by Paul in the New Testament are all inspired by God and have **ZERO ERRORS** and all of Paul's commandments are also inspired commandments of God. and all apply to the present day.

Acts 9:15: The Lord said to Ananias, "This man{Paul} is My **CHOSEN INSTRUMENT**to proclaim My name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel.

Acts 26:16-18: The Lord said to Paul, " I have appeared to you to appoint you as a servant and as a witness of **WHAT YOU HAVE SEEN AND WILL SEE OF ME! I will rescue from your own people and from the Gentiles. I am sending you to them to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in Me!"

2 Peter 3:15,16: Bear in mind that our Lord's patience means salvation, just as our **DEAR BROTHER PAUL ALSO WROTE WITH THE WISDOM THAT GOD GAVE HIM**! He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand {For the Lost}. which IGNORANT AND UNSTABLE PEOPLE DISTORT {like chuckels}, as they do other Scriptures to **THEIR OWN DESTRUCTION**!

Actually the question is not as you say that Paul has the authority to add new commandments but whether Paul was inspired by God to write new commands in his 14 books which is over half of the New Testament of God's inspired words.

John 16: Jesus says, "I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. But when he, the spirit of Truth comes, he will guide you into all the Truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will glorify Me because it is from Me that he will receive what he will make known to you!"

And holy spirit inspired the 8 writers of the 27 books of the New Testament to write everything Jesus told him to write which includes all of the 14 books of Paul.

THE GREAT COMMISSION: Matthew 28:18-20: Jesus says, “All authority in heaven and on ***EARTH*** has been given to Me {Not some RC Pope}. Therefore go and make disciples of *ALL NATIONS*...teaching them to **OBEY EVERYTHING** {The entire NT inspired by Jesus} I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very *END OF THE AGE*!”

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Dec, 2019 03:28 PM

chuckels: It is very easy to understand unless you are brain dead. God inspired Moses what to write in the first 5 books of the OT just as God inspired Paul what to write in the 14 books of the NT!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Dec, 2019 05:49 PM

Prophetic,

Yes, I get it:

Paul was chosen to go the the Gentiles. He wrote with wisdom. Some misunderstood what he wrote. And the Holy Spirit guides us into all truth.

BUT.......

What does this have to do with Scriptural proof that Paul had the authority to change the Law given through Moses and Jesus?

Counting both threads, there is about 12 pages of me asking you this question

AND........

Still no answer

Still no proof

Still no admission

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Dec, 2019 06:00 PM

**WE ARE NO LONGER UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF THE LAW** Galatians 3:25:

I John 2:1-5: My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an Advocate with the Father--**JESUS CHRIST**, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world. We know that we have come to know Him [**JESUS**] if we keep His commands. Whoever says, "I know Him," but does not do what He {**JESUS**} commands is a liar and the truth is not in that person. But if anyone obeys His Word, love for God is made complete in them. This is how we know we are in Him!!

John 14:23,24: Jesus says, Anyone who loves Me **WILL OBEY MY TEACHING**. My Father will love them, and We will come to them and make Our home with them. Anyone who does not love Me will not obey My teaching!"

Matthew 28:18-20: Jesus says, "**ALL AUTHORITY** in heaven and on earth has been given to **ME**. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to **OBEY EVERYTHING I HAVE COMMANDED YOU**. And surely I am with you always!!"

I Corinthians 9:21: I am under **CHRIST'S LAW**!!

Galatians 6:2: Fulfill the **LAW OF CHRIST**!!

Galatians 3:23-25: "Before faith came, we were held prisoners by the {**OT**} law, locked up until faith should be revealed. So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith. Now that faith has come, *WE* ARE NO LONGER UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF THE {**OT**} LAW!!"

*WE* ARE NO LONGER UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF THE LAW!!

Galatians 2:14-16,20,21; Paul said, When I saw that they were not acting in line with the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter in front of them all, "You are a Jew, yet you live like a Gentile and not like a Jew. How is it, then that you force Gentiles to follow Jewish customs? We who are Jews by birth and not 'Gentile sinners' know that a man is NOT justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified.!"

Galatians 2:20,21: The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!"

Galatians 3:10-13: "All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law." Clearly no one is justified before God by the law, because, "The righteous will live by faith." The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, "The man who does these things will live by them." Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us!

Galatians 3:23-25: "Before faith came, we were held prisoners by the law, locked up until faith should be revealed. So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith. Now that faith has come, *WE* ARE NO LONGER UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF THE LAW!!"

Hebrews 7:18,19: The former regulation is SET ASIDE because it was weak and useless; for the law made nothing perfect, and a better hope is introduced, by which we draw near to God.!

Hebrews 8:8,9,13: "The time is coming." says the Lord, "when I will make a New Covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah".... By calling this Covenant "NEW", He has made the first one OBSOLETE; and what is OBSOLETE and aging will soon disappear."

Hebrews 8:6: But the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which He is Mediator is SUPERIOR TO THE OLD ONE, and it is founded on better promises.

Colossians 2:16,17: Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you **EAT** or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a **SABBATH** day. These are a *SHADOW* of the things that were to come, the reality, however, is found **IN CHRIST**!!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Dec, 2019 08:52 PM

Prophetic,

By your own admission: You are under Paul's Law and cannot even prove his authority to write Law.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7