Author Thread: SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT ON THE USE OF THE TERM “FATHER”
LittleDavid

View Profile
History
SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT ON THE USE OF THE TERM “FATHER”
Posted : 8 Dec, 2019 01:05 AM

In response to Prophetic 7744’s continued abuse of scripture, I’m introducing an article from “Got Questions” that more fully explains what Jesus truly meant by “do not call any man father...”

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Dec, 2019 06:26 PM

Very Satanic quotes by chuckk:

" However Paul's advice should stand or fall on its own, rather than being declared words from the lips of God and therefore "New Commandments"

"Paul's advice is sound, but not a New Commandment from God."

"Who made Paul's words into God's word for all churches for all time????"

**WE ARE BORN AGAIN THROUGH THE LIVING AND ENDURING WORD OF GOD** 1 Peter 1:23

Deuteronomy 18:17-19: The Lord said to Moses, "I will raise up for them a Prophet like you from among your fellow Israelites, and I will put My words in His mouth. He will tell them **EVERYTHING** I command Him. I Myself will call to account anyone who does not listen to My words that the Prophet speaks in My name!!"

John 14:21-24: Jesus says, "Whoever has My commands and keeps them is the one who loves Me... Anyone who loves Me will obey My teaching, My Father will love them, and We will come to them and make Our home with them.. Anyone who does not love Me will not obey My teaching. These words you hear are not My own; they belong to the Father who sent Me!" {See Deut 18:17-19 above}

Acts 5:32: We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given **TO THOSE WHO OBEY HIM**!"

Luke 6:46-49: Jesus says, "As for everyone who comes to Me and hears **MY WORDS** and **PUTS THEM INTO PRACTICE**. I will show you what they are like. They are like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid foundation on rock. When the flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built. But the one who hears **MY WORDS** and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete!"

I Peter 1:23-25: You have been **BORN AGAIN THROUGH THE LIVING AND ENDURING **WORD OF GOD**!! All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field, the grass withers and the flowers fall, but the **WORD OF THE LORD STANDS FOREVER**. And this is the **WORD** that was preached to you.

Matthew 24:35: Jesus says, Heaven and earth will pass away, but **MY WORDS WILL NEVER PASS AWAY**!"

I John 2:3-5: We know we have come to know Him {Jesus} if we obey His commands. The man who says, "I know Him," but does not do what He commands is a liar and the truth is not in him. But if anyone **OBEYS HIS WORD**, God's love is truly made complete in him!

Matthew 4:4: Jesus says, "Man does not live on bread alone, but on **EVERY WORD FROM THE MOUTH OF GOD**!"

Luke 8:15: Jesus says, "But the seed on good soil stands for those with a noble and good heart, who hear the **WORD**, retain it, and by perseverance produce a crop."

John 17:17: Jesus prays to His Father, "Sanctify them by the Truth, **YOUR WORD IS TRUTH**!"

Acts 20:32: Paul says, "Now I commit you to God and to the **WORD OF HIS GRACE**, which can build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified!"

Romans 10:17: Consequently, **FAITH COMES FROM HEARING THE MESSAGE**, and the message is heard **THROUGH THE WORD OF CHRIST**!

James 1:18; He chose to give us **BIRTH THROUGH THE WORD** of Truth!!

I Corinthians 15:2: By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the **WORD** preached to you. Otherwise you have believed in vain!

2 Corinthians 4:2: We do not use deception, nor do we distort the **WORD OF GOD**!

Ephesians 1:13: You also were included in Christ **WHEN** you heard the **WORD** of Truth, the gospel of your salvation.

Ephesians 2:17: Take the sword of the Spirit, which is the **WORD OF GOD**!

Colossians 1:25: I have become its servant by the commission God gave to me to present to you the **WORD OF GOD IN ALL ITS FULLNESS**!

Colossians 3:16: Let the **WORD OF CHRIST** dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom!

I Thessalonians 2:13: We thank God continually because, when you received the **WORD OF GOD**, which you heard from us, you received it not as the word of men, but as it actually is, the **WORD OF GOD**!

Acts 17:11,12: Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and **EXAMINED THE SCRIPTURES EVERY DAY**... As a result many of them believed!!

Psalm 118:147,148: I rise before dawn and cry for help; I have put my hope in **YOUR WORD**! My eyes stay open through the watches of the night, that I might meditate on **YOUR PROMISES**!!

2 Timothy 2:15: Do your best to present yourselves to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who **CORRECTLY HANDLES THE WORD ** of truth!

2 Timothy 3:15,16: 4:1,2: You have known the **HOLY SCRIPTURES**, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. **ALL SCRIPTURE IS GOD-BREATHED** and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of His appearing and His kingdom, I give you this charge: **PREACH THE WORD**!! {**WHICH IS THE ENTIRE NEW COVENANT AND NEW TESTAMENT**!!}

**DOES GOD"S WORD SAY THAT **ADDING** OR **TAKING WORD'S AWAY** FROM GOD's WORD IS AN UMPARDONABLE SIN**??

Revelation 22:16,18,19: "I, Jesus. have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the Churches.... I warn everyone who hears the **WORDS OF THE PROPHECY OF THIS BOOK**: If anyone **ADDS** {Like littlestdavid} anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this Book {Including **ETERNAL HELL**} And if anyone **TAKES WORDS AWAY** {Like chuckk} from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the Tree of Life and in the Holy City {The New Jerusalem}, which are described in this book."

John 16: Jesus says, "I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. But when he, the spirit of Truth comes, he will guide you into all the Truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will glorify Me because it is from Me that he will receive what he will make known to you!"

And holy spirit inspired the 8 writers of the 27 books of the New Testament to write everything Jesus told him to write!!

THE GREAT COMMISSION: Matthew 28:18-20: Jesus says, “All authority in heaven and on ***EARTH*** has been given to Me {Not some RC Pope}. Therefore go and make disciples of *ALL NATIONS*...teaching them to **OBEY EVERYTHING** {The entire NT} I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very *END OF THE AGE*!”

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Dec, 2019 06:45 PM

Chuckk, you’re plagiarizing your brother Sadlup—-“paper pope” that’s exactly what he would say.

You should really start attributing the credit to Sadlup from now on!

You could say something sorta like, “ Sadlup once said” or “so says my bro” or “may I quote my favorite bro” or something.

Anyway, give the guy some credit!!

Chuckk, my stupid spell check keeps wanting to replace chuckk with “chuckles”.

Hey, I was always kinda curious about sadlup.

I know he really hates Paul. Kinda wonder why.

But do you know if Sadlup had a neighbor named Paul who got mad at Sadlup for pulling little girls hair or something like that?

So now Sadlup hates Paul

Anyway, he sure has an obsession with whatever Paul the Apostle says

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Dec, 2019 07:09 PM

Little David;

You've misread Sadlup. (I ought to know) Paul is not hated. It is what systematic theology does with his writings that is hated.

We accept Moses's authority to deliver God's Commandments on the basis of the Sinai revelation. We accept the authority of Jesus as the resurrected Messiah to deliver God's Commands.

So I ask you; Where does Scripture indicate Paul has the authority to make (new) Commandments?

If you can't find it in explicitly in Scripture, then you must ask yourself who gave authority to the writings of Paul to be co-equal with the Ten Commandments and the Teachings of Messiah?

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Dec, 2019 08:07 PM

Chuckles: Wehave severe disagreements on this forum but we all agree that the 14 books by Paul in the New Testament are all inspired by God and have **ZERO ERRORS** and all of Paul's commandments are also commandments of God. and all apply to the present day.

Acts 9:15: The Lord said to Ananias, "This man{Paul} is My **CHOSEN INSTRUMENT**to proclaim My name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel.

Acts 26:16-18: The Lord said to Paul, " I have appeared to you to appoint you as a servant and as a witness of **WHAT YOU HAVE SEEN AND WILL SEE OF ME! I will rescue from your own people and from the Gentiles. I am sending you to them to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in Me!"

2 Peter 3:15,16: Bear in mind that our Lord's patience means salvation, just as our **DEAR BROTHER PAUL ALSO WROTE WITH THE WISDOM THAT GOD GAVE HIM**! He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand {For the Lost}. which IGNORANT AND UNSTABLE PEOPLE DISTORT, as they do other Scriptures to **THEIR OWN DESTRUCTION**!

Alligator

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Dec, 2019 08:45 PM

It constantly amazes me how many people make the Bible so complicated, when it's really very simple. The more you put your own ideas and wishes into it, the more you distort scripture. Try simplicity sometime.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Dec, 2019 10:23 PM

Chuckk, come now.

I understand you and Sadlup better than you understand your own alter ego

Paul claims he speaks direct from God. Even Jesus says the same thing when he says he chose Paul to speak form him. You, on the other hand, claim Paul really isn’t inspired by God.

To insist that a proven inspired writer is not and inspired writer is about as strong a form of hatred as you can get. Not only that, you don’t believe the Messiah you claim to “love”.

But you don’t believe him either!

What “messiah” do you have?

Sheeesh, getting waxed all over place on the biblical forum by “prophetic” ???

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Dec, 2019 11:48 PM

"Paul claims he speaks direct from God."

*Prove it. Jesus says he only spoke what the Father told him to say. Paul on at least one occasion says the opposite.

---------

"Even Jesus says the same thing when he says he chose Paul to speak form him."

*Says Paul

----------

"You, on the other hand, claim Paul really isn’t inspired by God."

*Nope, never said Paul wasn't inspired by God. You are mistaken. If you think otherwise, please provide the proof, if you have integrity, post a retraction.

(what I am saying is you don't understand the kind of writing Paul was engaging in)

----------

"To insist that a proven inspired writer is not and inspired writer is about as strong a form of hatred as you can get."

*Again: Nope, never said Paul wasn't inspired by God. You are mistaken. If you think otherwise, please provide the proof, if you have integrity, post a retraction.

-------

"Not only that, you don’t believe the Messiah you claim to “love”.

*Ummmm.......okay, you're getting a little weird.

----------

"But you don’t believe him either!"

*Yeah, officially I think the truth presented, and your lack of answers is freaking you out, so you are resorting to attack mode. Yeah, I know it's hard, hang in there.

---------

"What “messiah” do you have?

*Do you realize what you ask is not even a question? What do you think "Messiah" means?

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Dec, 2019 05:52 AM

Chuckles: Wehave severe disagreements on this forum but we all agree that the 14 books by Paul in the New Testament are all inspired by God and have **ZERO ERRORS** and all of Paul's commandments are also commandments of God. and all apply to the present day.

Acts 9:15: The Lord said to Ananias, "This man{Paul} is My **CHOSEN INSTRUMENT**to proclaim My name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel.

Acts 26:16-18: The Lord said to Paul, " I have appeared to you to appoint you as a servant and as a witness of **WHAT YOU HAVE SEEN AND WILL SEE OF ME! I will rescue from your own people and from the Gentiles. I am sending you to them to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in Me!"

2 Peter 3:15,16: Bear in mind that our Lord's patience means salvation, just as our **DEAR BROTHER PAUL ALSO WROTE WITH THE WISDOM THAT GOD GAVE HIM**! He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand {For the Lost}. which IGNORANT AND UNSTABLE PEOPLE DISTORT {Like chuckels}, as they do other Scriptures to **THEIR OWN DESTRUCTION**!

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Dec, 2019 06:54 AM

Prophetic, please quit wasting my time by posting non-applicable verses.

Please post Scriptural evidence Paul has the authority to write Commands which supersede the Commands of Moses and Jesus.

Or

Be honest and admit you have none.

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Dec, 2019 07:23 AM

Chuckels just wanted me to show two OT laws changed by Jesus in the New Testament * So I will just name 3.

Acts 2:44-46: All the believers were together and had everything in common. They sold property and possessions to give to everyone who had need. **EVERY DAY** they continued to meet together!!

Hebrews 3:12,13: See to it brothers and sisters that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. But **ENCOURAGE ONE ANOTHER **DAILY**, as long as it is called **TODAY** so that none of you may be hardened by sins deceitfulness!

Exodus 31:14-16: Observe the Sabbath, because it is holy to you. Anyone who desecrates it is to be put to death; those who do **ANY WORK** on that day must be **CUT OFF** from their people... Whoever does **ANY WORK** on the Sabbath day is to be **PUT TO DEATH**!

Exodus 35:2,3; Whoever does **ANY WORK** on the Sabbath must be **PUT TO DEATH**. Do not **LIGHT A FIRE** in any of your dwellings on the Sabbath day.

This was possible in Israel since it is about the same latitude of warm South Carolina. But anyone in the frigid parts of the earth must freeze to death in the winter since electricity would not be invented until over 2,000 years after this commandment was given!!

Matthew 12:1-12: Jesus went through the grainfields on the Sabbath. His disciples were hungry and began to pick some heads of grain and eat them. When the Pharisees saw this, the said to Him, "Look your disciples are doing what is **UNLAWFUL ON THE SABBATH**. Jesus answered, "Haven't you heard of what David did when he and his companions were hungry? He entered the house of God, and he and his companions ate the consecrated bread--which was not lawful for them to do, but only for the priests... If you had known what these words mean, 'I desire mercy not sacrifice, you would not have condemned the innocent. For the Son of Man is **LORD OF THE SABBATH**!" Going from that place, Jesus went into their synagogue, and a man with a shriveled hand was there. Looking for a reason to being charges against Jesus, they asked Him, "IS IT LAWFUL TO HEAL ON THE SABBATH?" Jesus said to the, "If any of you has a sheep and it falls into a pit on the Sabbath?" Jesus said to them, "If any of you has a sheep and it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will you not take hold of it and lift it out? Therefore it is lawful to do good {*WORK*} on the Sabbath!"

John 5:16-18: So because Jesus was doing these things on the Sabbath, the Jewish leaders began to persecute Him. In his defense Jesus said to them. "My Father is always at His work to this very day, and **I TOO AM **WORKING**!" For this reason they tried all the more to kill Him; not only was **HE BREAKING THE SABBATH**, but He was even calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God.

John 9:16: The Pharisees said of Jesus, "This man is not from God , for He does **NOT KEEP THE SABBATH**!"

Jesus also eliminated all 26 OT **DEATH SENTENCES FOR SIN** by declaring "He who is without sin cast the first stone in John 7:7!!

Mark 7:18,19: Jesus says, "Are you so dull?" He asked. "Don't you see that nothing that enters a man from the outside can make him 'unclean'? For it doesn't go into his heart but into his stomach, and then out of his body." In saying this. Jesus declared ALL FOODS "CLEAN!"

Then Jesus said, What comes out of a man is what makes him **UNCLEAN**. For within, out of men's hearts, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, malice deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. All these evils come rom inside and make a man **UNCLEAN**!"

Colossians 2:16,17: Do dot let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard a special festival, a New Moon celebration or a **SABBATH DAY**! These are a **SHADOW** of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found **IN CHRIST**!!

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7