Author Thread: How about a section where people can learn how to read, study and translate the Scripture.
Quiznos

View Profile
History
How about a section where people can learn how to read, study and translate the Scripture.
Posted : 8 Mar, 2020 08:15 PM

Matthew 28 verses 18 - 20

18 And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.

19 “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,

20 teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

Too many people when they meet together are being entertained by a so called worship band, with a self proclaimed person called pastor telling jokes and giving history lessons.

Messiah says to make LEARNERS (disciples ) of me.

Baptizing( immersing -verb, present tense ) INTO the name of the Father, and the SON and the Holy Spirit.

Had the christians been taught just the basics for understanding the Word,maybe they would not be taken advantage of and abused by the self proclaimed pastors.

View Profile
History
How about a section where people can learn how to read, study and translate the Scripture.
Posted : 26 Mar, 2020 07:11 PM

Maybe this lockdown that much of the country is in will change how we do church. It might change a lot of things. It'll be interesting to see.

Alligator

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Apr, 2020 07:43 PM

Quiznos, just who do you think is qualified to "teach" this so-called class or group? not yourself, surely not yourself. LOL

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Apr, 2020 06:41 PM

Quiznos thinks he's always correct about scripture! I wouldn't want to take his class.

I do know more than one Pastor who's a good teacher.

God did call Preachers.

Quiznos doesn't' ttelieve in the Bible.

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Apr, 2020 07:58 PM

Why are you two posting on here just to run someone down? I suppose you think that you are always correct?

Quiznos

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Apr, 2020 07:04 PM

For cake and friend,

Have you two ladies ever read this section of the Scriptures.

Let us read what GOD Almighty says about believers meeting together.

Instruction for the CALLED OUT ONES / Assemblies

20 Brethren, do not be children in your thinking; yet in evil be infants, but in your thinking be mature.

21 In the Law it is written, “BY MEN OF STRANGE TONGUES AND BY THE LIPS OF STRANGERS I WILL SPEAK TO THIS PEOPLE, AND EVEN SO THEY WILL NOT LISTEN TO ME,” says the Lord.

22 So then tongues are for a sign, not to those who believe but to unbelievers; but prophecy is for a sign, not to unbelievers but to those who believe.

23 Therefore if the whole ASSEMBLY assembles together and all speak in tongues, and ungifted men or unbelievers enter, will they not say that you are mad?

24 But if all prophesy, and an unbeliever or an ungifted man enters, he is convicted by all, he is called to account by all;

25 the secrets of his heart are disclosed; and so he will fall on his face and worship God, declaring that God is certainly among you.

26 What is the outcome then, brethren? When you assemble, each one has a psalm, has a teaching, has a revelation, has a tongue, has an interpretation. Let all things be done for edification.

27 If anyone speaks in a tongue, it should be by two or at the most three, and each in turn, and one must interpret;

28 but if there is no interpreter, he must keep silent in the church; and let him speak to himself and to God.

29 Let two or three prophets speak, and let the others pass judgment.

30 But if a revelation is made to another who is seated, the first one must keep silent.

31 For you can all prophesy one by one, so that all may learn and all may be exhorted;

32 and the spirits of prophets are subject to prophets;

33 for God is not a God of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints.

Let's see if we canmake sense of this.

1. Verse 23 The people ASSEMBLE together

2. Verse 23 Prophesy is preferred over tongues

3. Verse 26 Each person can have a psalm, has a teaching, has a revelation, has a tongue, has an interpretation. Let all things be done for edification.

4. Verse 26 Instructions concerning what the meeting looks like when believers have assembled.

There is no mention of a so called pastor, or worship band in these instructions.

Now ladies, IF your meeting does not meet these simple requirements, could the meeting be in SIN.

STOP depending upon a person called pastor, depend upon Meseiah.

RetroMillennial^

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Apr, 2020 08:09 PM

I think a forum of this type would be extraordinarily unwise. I agree there is too much focus on entertainment in many churches and often not enough training for the church's leadership, but this is not the place for a forum to try to teach anyone about the scriptures or how to study them.

No one here has any credentials, no resumés to tell if a "teacher" here is actually qualified to teach, and there's no way to know the motives of any who propose to be a teacher. We are all anonymous, and no one has authority to teach. We can't even be sure that such a teacher on here will even have our best interests at heart. Why should we reject guidance from our pastors only to put our trust in a perfect stranger on an online dating forum?

Our journey with God is far too precious to trust it to a total stranger, even a stranger who wants to teach people how to study it themselves, for even this can be twisted or hijacked on a free forum. All we can give is opinions and why we think we're right, but my opinion is worth just as much as anyone else's.

Quiznos

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Apr, 2020 08:29 PM

Hi Millenial,

I see that you are a brainwasshed 'christian', as you believe a person needs CREDENTIALS from the GOVERNMENT ( gument ) institutions called Cemeteries.

Where in the Scriptures does GOD Almighty require a person to have any type of CEMETERY CREDENTIALS to teach;

Oh yeah, i did not see any in the Scriptures.

All that is required is the Word and the Holy Spirit to empower a person.

You christians really do not trust GOD Almighty.

RetroMillennial^

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Apr, 2020 08:41 PM

You need to work on reading and understanding what is written better. Everything I said was about not trusting people, especially strangers on a forum like yourself. Maybe I'm brainwashed and maybe I'm not, but one thing is certain: you're not going to be the one to do it. None of us has authority over anyone else.

RetroMillennial^

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Apr, 2020 08:45 PM

I trust God just fine. It's you that I don't trust.

Quiznos

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Apr, 2020 05:36 AM

Millenial,

You need to run away from the 'church' and the pastors, as they are not teaching you or anyone how to read, and translate the Word of GOD Almighty.

The ELDERS, not a pastor have the OVERSIGHT in the BODY of BELIEVERS, not church.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5