Author Thread: Age Appropriate
Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Age Appropriate
Posted : 22 Mar, 2020 01:44 PM

68 -73 yr old men seeking. 30 yrs Younger spouse.

I don't think that's God's guidance.

CDFF is a Christian site .

View Profile
History
Age Appropriate
Posted : 27 Mar, 2020 01:26 AM

I apologize to all who were offended by what I wrote on this thread. I know that most of us here are searching for the love of our life, hoping to find the one and be happily married. I couldn't help but notice that there are some guys who prefer girls half their age or younger. They won't even consider women their age or women 20 years younger than them. They want a woman 18 to 30 years old only when they could very well be the grandfathers of the women's mothers. They were the ones I was referring to when I answered Cupcake's post. I wasn't thinking of the majority who might just be looking for love regardless of the age. I apologize to those men who are not on the lookout specifically for young girls but who took offense.

Good luck to all of us. May we all find the happiness that we're looking for.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Age Appropriate
Posted : 27 Mar, 2020 05:44 AM

Yes some men do have the Wisdom of choosing a mate.

NarnianGirl

View Profile
History
Age Appropriate
Posted : 27 Mar, 2020 12:53 PM

Spiritualconnections:

It's ironic that those men who target only young women say that 'age is just a number', when in reality, it is not just a number for them!

Most of us would hope for a healthy and fit, and attractive partner. That doesn't always mean younger.. or older..

Some guys my age are already having that 'grumpy old man' vibe, while som older men still have that youthful attitude.

Maturity and depth of course are attractive for any age...

View Profile
History
Age Appropriate
Posted : 27 Mar, 2020 01:12 PM

Spiritual, I wasn't at all offended by what you said. I thought what you said was just fine. I agree, men that are only looking for women that much younger than them are probably not doing so for good reasons.

Alligator

View Profile
History
Age Appropriate
Posted : 27 Mar, 2020 01:44 PM

Country, if you go back and read everything you and teddy were both rude to spiritual. I am not going to look at your profiles to see your ages, but I honestly suggest that you (country ivy) and Teddyhug get together for a real date. See how you can connect with each other, and if your anger dissipates while you spend time together. From your hateful and demeaning words about others on here, it just seems natural to me that you two would get along well together. It might even end in your marriage to each other.

View Profile
History
Age Appropriate
Posted : 27 Mar, 2020 04:12 PM

I never said boo to Spiritual before this.

View Profile
History
Age Appropriate
Posted : 29 Mar, 2020 08:33 PM

George Soros married three times. I have no info on his first wife. But the second wife was 24 years younger than him, and his third wife is 42 years younger than him. I don't think it's wrong or evil to marry someone so much younger.

The only thing is that sometimes the age difference also means difference in maturity and knowledge. And that can be a problem. The relationship can turn into a father-daughter relationship where the husband is telling his wife what to do and how to do it, and she feels obligated to submit always to the "old wise man." lol Some women want wealth so much, they don't care about the age gap. They just want someone who supports them. I get that. If that makes them truly happy, then that's fine. :)

View Profile
History
Age Appropriate
Posted : 29 Mar, 2020 08:57 PM

Yeah, that's why I wouldn't marry someone who was very much older than me, because the power balance would become unequal and that's not how it's suppose to be. Marriage is suppose to be mutual.

KJVonly

View Profile
History
Age Appropriate
Posted : 31 Mar, 2020 03:53 PM

WOW! ..

No wonder some of you gals are single!

I prefer older men but am currently married to someone one year younger than me. I was widowed for 16 years and gained independence but never let my role in the marriage supersede his. I think Parehtban has some good points and hoped he would comment further but seems he is not currently active. Hope that changes. Did you angry hens flog him???

Colossians 3:18–4:1; Ephesians 5:22–6:9

Rules for Christian Households

18 Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. 19 Husbands, love your wives, and do not be harsh with them. 20 Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord.

View Profile
History
Age Appropriate
Posted : 31 Mar, 2020 07:20 PM

All Christians are supposed to submit to each other.

Ephesians 5:22-6:9

21 Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.

22 Wives, to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing[b] her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church— 30 for we are members of his body. 31 “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.”[c] 32 This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33 However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband. Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. 2 “Honor your father and mother”—which is the first commandment with a promise— 3 “so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.” 4 Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.5 Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. 6 Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart. 7 Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people, 8 because you know that the Lord will reward each one for whatever good they do, whether they are slave or free.9 And masters, treat your slaves in the same way. Do not threaten them, since you know that he who is both their Master and yours is in heaven, and there is no favoritism with him.

Wives to their husbands and husbands to their wives.

Children to their parents and parents to their children.

Slaves to their masters and masters to their slaves.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7