Author Thread: A QUESTION TO THE MEN
GRAHO

View Profile
History
A QUESTION TO THE MEN
Posted : 7 Jul, 2020 07:01 AM

1. Are you willing to start a long distance relationship and work towards making it something great and beautiful?

JamesEG

View Profile
History
A QUESTION TO THE MEN
Posted : 7 Jul, 2020 02:56 PM

GRAHO, the Internet makes developing long distance relationships easier.

I enjoy developing friendships online. But I think it's important to develop relationships slowly.

Long distance romantic relationships are more difficult than friendships. It may be time consuming and difficult to determine if the other person is being truthful. Also, travel expenses to visit and relocation difficulties can be a problem.

Issues like COVID-19 complicate matters more.

View Profile
History
A QUESTION TO THE MEN
Posted : 8 Jul, 2020 03:23 PM

I am open to the possibility of long distance relationships, but I personally think a lot of people are not mature enough to try long distance relationships.

I have tried this before and can say it stinks. When the other person does not want to see you or is someone who can’t even be honest with you, how would that make you feel? And seriously ghosting is soooooooooooo common that is going out of fashion!!!!!!

I rather meet someone near where I live, but I don’t know who to ask out. If I met someone in person, I would have a better grasp of what kind of person they are. It’s hard identify what kind of person the other person is through a profile they wrote when it might not be true at all.

Whenever I look online for a women that I might be interested in, one of the most important things I’m looking for in a women is her relationship with God. Normally you would think a profile who mentions about their faith with God would be someone who you can talk to and be honest with, but immature people still ghost other people regardless of what they say in their profile.

I think long distance relationships is very hard to pull off in this day and age. With God anything is possible. However, people will at times not be nice to their fellow Christian Brother and Sisters just because they can’t be honest with each other.

Patrickfar

View Profile
History
A QUESTION TO THE MEN
Posted : 25 Jul, 2020 04:34 PM

Of course, if I feel peace with the person I am speaking to (as in I have prayed about it, asked her all the questions I need to get to know her), then yes, my effort will be proportional to how much we get along and grow in our relationship.

Quiznos

View Profile
History
A QUESTION TO THE MEN
Posted : 28 Jul, 2020 06:27 AM

Messiah says to Love your NEIGHBOR as yourself.

My neighbor is the person closest to me at any given time.

It is very hard, nearly impossible to have a meal with someone that is not close-by.

The internet makes false relationships, as internet relationships lack interpersonal exchanges such as putting your arm around someone, shaking hands, even personal facial expressions.

The internet is not how GOD Almighty made man to have relationships.

irc1

View Profile
History
A QUESTION TO THE MEN
Posted : 31 Aug, 2020 02:44 PM

No, but i am willing to have long distance friendships.

Leichs

View Profile
History
A QUESTION TO THE MEN
Posted : 5 Sep, 2020 02:18 PM

i tried once, I just can't

View Profile
History
A QUESTION TO THE MEN
Posted : 22 Sep, 2020 04:37 PM

I just ended a 21 month genuinely long distance relationship with a young woman in Finland at the end of July.

We met on Facebook, video chatted every day, and she flew out to America 3 times over those 21 months.

In our case, had our relationship worked, there would have been a lot of bureaucratic documents to fill out, and much expenses, but if I was of God, then it would have all been worth it.

I'm assuming that you're referring more to a long distance relationship in the USA. If so, then that would be just a hop, skip, and a jump for me.

View Profile
History
A QUESTION TO THE MEN
Posted : 23 Sep, 2020 09:56 AM

lol.

Talk about your bad typos.

That should have read "if IT was of God", and not "if I was of God".

I am of God.

JamesHosie

View Profile
History
A QUESTION TO THE MEN
Posted : 1 Oct, 2020 03:55 AM

I am open to it.

The only bad thing about is is that I don't have the money right now to travel to another country.

But if she had the money and was willing to see me, I would be fine by it.

And I would save up money to see her.

Relationships shouldn't be one way streets.

a208x1a^

View Profile
History
A QUESTION TO THE MEN
Posted : 31 Dec, 2020 01:04 PM

I tried that once, and it didn't work. There are way too many variables that cannot be discovered by long distance. There are so many cultural differences of which we cannot be aware until we are confronted with them. We can dress the same, talk the same, and have a lot of the same experiences in life, but there can still be those unknowns. My experience dealt with woman from Kenya. She was a dean at a university. I'm in education. We had a lot of great conversations. I assumed a university dean would have a modern, western mindset. Then right when I was getting ready to go to Kenya, I learned that her father expected a dowry payment from me for his daughter. That blew me away. I had no idea that I would have to "buy" a university dean from her father. That caused me to step back and re-evaluate our relationship. If that was a way of thinking for her culture, I couldn't help but wonder what other customs that I would find unacceptable might appear after we were married.

Page : 1 2