Author Thread: Would you rather read a profile that is very detailed or one that is not?
Handyman62

View Profile
History
Would you rather read a profile that is very detailed or one that is not?
Posted : 14 Jul, 2022 09:47 AM

Reading profiles that have a lot of conditions about the type of person they are looking for makes me cringe, but at the same time I also want as much information about this person to help me decide if I should spend my time getting to know them better.

I'm not asking if I should dumb down my profile just curious how most people feel about detailed profiles.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jul, 2022 12:16 PM

I like limit details on profile.

I've have more success in meeting up, after long conversation on the telephone before in person.

NotSettlingYet^

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jul, 2022 01:23 PM

I prefer a medium long text. Around 2 lines of interests, and 10-15 lines in the "about me" section. If it is longer than 20 lines I usually find it boring.

Less than 5 lines always lack basic information.

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jul, 2022 07:28 PM

l like detailed. I know what looks/sounds compatible, and what doesn't. But that's just me...

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Jul, 2022 08:07 AM

I like a fairly detailed profile but only details to aid me in deciding if we have anything in common, things like my ex cheated on me etc are probably best kept till you know each other…

mitzyme

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Jul, 2022 07:13 PM

I dont read a long profile, the little info i would want to know its already in the edited profile.

Reading a loooong profile and find this:

"NOT INTERESTED IN ANYONE LIVING IN ANOTHER COUNTRY UNLESS YOU ARE ALREADY A US CITIZEN OR HAVE YOUR OWN MEANS OF BECOMING ONE. SIMPLY PUT I CANNOT AFFORD TO SPONSOR ANYBODY FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY AND SPEAKING TO ANYONE OUTSIDE THE US WOULD MOST LIKELY BE A WASTE OF TIME."....at the end of a profile , its little dissapointed. Why dont you move it first line? So the women outside of the USA wouldnt waste their time to read your profile ?......just sayingn !

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Jul, 2022 08:50 PM

mitzyme I don't see the point in moving the last paragraph to the beginning.

Plus it doesn't hurt to read a little more, besides it exercises the eyeballs, so if you read more profiles like mine you will have the strongest eyes in Canada. You could have a pair of lean, mean, eyeball machines.

Wazona

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Aug, 2022 06:35 AM

In between although it depends on the person. Some people are like me, they love reading stuff. Others don't love reading at all.

Brief but not too brief. A summary not a book. A movie not a miniseries if you get my drift. A touch of your personality should shine forth.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Oct, 2022 05:23 AM

I'm starting to think it doesn't matter because judging by the amount of divorced/separated men who contact a large proportion of people seem to bypass the whole profile reading process altogether...:-)

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Oct, 2022 07:43 AM

* who contact me it's clear that a large proportion *

slightlybrokenwing72

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Oct, 2022 10:04 AM

okay... so... example... i get a wink... not a message, but a wink... >.< when and where i grew up... culturally women could wink at a guy, but guys didn't wink at girls unless they had dust in their eyes :P

so typically, i just ignore winks... i have a long profile... so i figure if someone can't think of anything to say to me other than a wink (or a message of "hi" or "your [sic] pretty"), then they probably are responding to my pictures and ... didn't read anything... And nothing irks me more than being messaged cos of nothing more than genetics...

Because of the user name, i yolo'ed it and read his profile. Wow. Good think that I did. Why?

Cos his profile painting a picture of what a life together with him might look like... and tbh, it captivated me completely. (I wouldn't write this if i thought that he'd notice what i wrote... hmm... this is a risk...)

So, yeah, his profile was long and detailed and ... just perfect for me to get a sense of the completely wonderful man that he is.

Unfortunately he has family connections in his country... and its the right place for him... and likewise i have strong connections in my country and would be unlikely to ever leave.. which is kinda heartbreaking, but...

y'know? you get one life partner (typically), but there's no limit on having a nice person who you love but don't have a romantic relationship with.

anyway, point being that i wouldn't have wrote him if his profile wasn't so... special. and despite that being romantic seems 100% impossible, I'm so thankful to have him in my life, even if just in a small way...

Page : 1 2