Author Thread: Why are there so many hurt people on here?
Snoozysuzi19

View Profile
History
Why are there so many hurt people on here?
Posted : 13 Aug, 2022 12:13 PM

Has anyone noticed that no one seems interested in pursuing anything of a serious relationship matter on here? So many broken divorced individuals on here. I've encountered over 5 separated men on this site that were interested in getting to know me better. Very deceiving and it makes me wonder do their current wives feel okay with this. I mean think of it and put yourself in that situation. Would you be comfortable with your partner if y'all were separated still living together working through a rough patch in your marriage (possibly facing divorce) not knowing that he/she is actively seeking new partners to date? It's amazing that a Christian site encourages that type of status on here. But, that's only half of it. Men don't seem interested in wanting to be the aggressor with women I've noticed too. Social media seems to have made people lazy and not really interested in any real connection with people. Now maybe not all women appreciate this, but I do find it extremely attractive when a man that I like and am interested in is consistent in communication and explains to me his future intentions for our communication. I mean our days our numbered here on this earth. We can't sit here and think that a spouse is going to fall from the sky. Perhaps God might be calling some of us to different directions in our lives and that may not include marriage. Anyway, I am just curious what people's thoughts are on this site.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Oct, 2022 06:25 PM

Exactly‼️

FDCWillard^

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Dec, 2022 09:44 PM

A lot of people use these sites as a sort of self pleasuring mechanism. They are not interested in anything genuine they just want the attention and as soon as something starts becoming real they get scared off.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Dec, 2022 12:09 AM

That’s why its so important to find out who you’re communicating with early on. I don’t believe in playing email ping pong with someone for months on end, I expect after a few weeks of messaging to have exchanged numbers & be talking on the phone. And statistics show that people who are successful in online dating are the ones who have a face to face meeting within weeks of connecting online…:-)

Fireprooof^

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Dec, 2022 06:20 AM

"Men don't seem interested in wanting to be the aggressor with women I've noticed too. "

Many men don't need too. Dating is easy. Been there done that. In many places, being an aggressor can be seen as sexual harassment. And it can backfire. Prison. Or a man can end up with a woman that he's not compatible with...resulting in lots of pain, divorce or seeking dates on this site while separated. Your years are too precious for this.

Many men have grown up seeking more important (and infinitely more practical) things like being aggressively seeking God.

Fireprooof^

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Dec, 2022 07:50 AM

*correction* Many men don't need to.

NarnianGirl

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Dec, 2022 08:41 AM

If they are aggessively seeking God, as you put it, that is, of course, great.

Everyone should be doing so.

However, if they pray for a wife, there also are some practical steps to take. Asking God for directions, and wisdom, is the beginning..

Many ladies seek God above all else, and I have experienced it scares men off - I have been told that I should speak less of Jesus in order to find a man..!

FDCWillard^

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Dec, 2022 01:10 PM

The normal male female romantic relationship (which is frowned upon but the abnormal modern society) is male assertiveness and female choice.... men ideally should approach woman who take it upon themselves to accept or reject.

The problem is neither modern men nor modern women were ever taught HOW to properly do this. So both react to caricatures instead of what they actually need. Men are basically left to figure this weird dance out via testing their theories on it.... it's better to se the results as funny rather than irritating.

If a man already has God why would he need to aggressively seek Him? Men who already have God (or at least they should as a per-requisite) are on here to seek woman who also already have God, not to seek God.... wrong venue for that.

Fireprooof^

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Dec, 2022 02:25 PM

Speak more about Jesus , it's a beautiful thing

Fireprooof^

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Dec, 2022 02:33 PM

"If a man already has God why would he need to aggressively seek Him? Men who already have God (or at least they should as a per-requisite) are on here to seek woman who also already have God, not to seek God.... wrong venue for that."

Seeking God more- this is great advice for this venue. There have been many members here single for many years. Is God not teaching them wisdom? Does God intend for you to spend thousands of hours on this site seeking women? Your time is too precious.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Dec, 2022 09:47 AM

Who would depend Totally on One free site to meet spouse!

Page : 1 2 3