Author Thread: Why are you single?
CDFF21467^

View Profile
History
Why are you single?
Posted : 8 May, 2023 05:01 PM

I noticed a lot of the same folks here and figured this would be a good topic for discussion too.

for me i'm very out of touch with my own generation and simply don't fit in. Almost everyone my age relies on snap chat, instagram or facebook to talk and the idea of talking in person is often seen as an alien concept. I don't have TV, I don't fallow the latest trend, no drinking, no drugs, no parting... add being a dedicated christian to the mix and it becomes even harder to find someone I'm compatible with. And most no one my age wants a real relationship, just hook ups, FWB 🤮 or just friends. The few times I find someone looking for the same things we find out they can't handle my minimalist life style.

So yeah, my way of life and wanting a real dedicated relationship isn't common in my generation unfortunately.

what about you? why do you feel your single despite looking?

CDFF21467^

View Profile
History
Why are you single?
Posted : 18 May, 2023 06:37 PM

"Many Men say they are " Christian" unfortunately, many aren't practicing."

the same can be said about women too

FDCWillard^

View Profile
History
Why are you single?
Posted : 21 May, 2023 06:48 AM

Moonlight7

I just pay attention to how people behave, see the obvious patterns, etc. A lot of this I have had to explain to myself.

NarnianGirl

That kind of approach hasn't really been helpful. More times than not the woman has an idea of what she wants and reads events into them either way even to the point of thinking she gets revelation of some kind. I just haven't met one yet that has a strong trustworthy hotline to heaven as it were.... just lots of desperation masked by loneliness.

I have however noticed that if things don't progress at a speedy pace and a long lull of any kind happens.... the relationship is already dead it's just that neither side wants to admit it first.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Why are you single?
Posted : 21 May, 2023 07:44 AM

A women dates to get to know a man personally.

Experience is the Best teacher!

Saying your " Christian" soon is found out by actions.

I talked for hours on the telephone Before any in person meetups. I don't have hookups I date.

My romantic interest went to " church " with his Christian late Wife.

Now he's widower living single life.

As an older lady I still have options.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Why are you single?
Posted : 21 May, 2023 07:47 AM

A mate don't usually drop out of the sky!😀

Socialize in person.

CDFF21467^

View Profile
History
Why are you single?
Posted : 21 May, 2023 07:59 AM

"A women dates to get to know a man personally."

I wish that was true. sadly it's not for my generation.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Why are you single?
Posted : 21 May, 2023 08:34 AM

FDCWillard

With the comments you make, seems to me you will meet a wise young woman eventually.

Because you look at things Realistically!

Nightowlnw^

View Profile
History
Why are you single?
Posted : 22 May, 2023 10:49 PM

I am still single for two reasons. As an introvert it is difficult to approach women. This limits the interactions I do have. Second I am helping financial support my parents. My mom has been in poor health since I was 15 years old. American women don't want this kind of baggage. Foreign women understand the support thing but it is hard to read if they are interested in me or immigration papers.

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
Why are you single?
Posted : 24 May, 2023 01:58 AM

1) I have to agree with you on the generation thing. I am waayyyy different than my generation. I'm polite, don't use social media, like to talk face to face with people, have different interests, not wildly different but not the same either.

2) I guess I am introverted as well. I don't go out that much to meet people.

3) Every relationship I embark on turns to dust. One boyfriend suddenly broke it off, I've been ghosted, or they only want one thing. I get approached by all of the wrong men.

4) I am very picky and only like a specific man at a time. For instance, I'll like one man a LOT but not like 99% of the other men. I'm very selective but not unrealistically.

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
Why are you single?
Posted : 24 May, 2023 01:59 AM

1) I have to agree with you on the generation thing. I am waayyyy different than my generation. I'm polite, don't use social media, like to talk face to face with people, have different interests, not wildly different but not the same either.

2) I guess I am introverted as well. I don't go out that much to meet people.

3) Every relationship I embark on turns to dust. One boyfriend suddenly broke it off, I've been ghosted, or they only want one thing. I get approached by all of the wrong men.

4) I am very picky and only like a specific man at a time. For instance, I'll like one man a LOT but not like 99% of the other men. I'm very selective but not unrealistically.

ATWOOKI256

View Profile
History
Why are you single?
Posted : 25 Sep, 2023 08:31 AM

I AM SINGLE FOR MANY REASONS:

1. Because most of the single guys in my circle say am too good a wife material to be single so they don’t even try because they think I am lying or if true they think my standards must be too high. Meanwhile, that’s based on their assumption without them even trying or asking me out.

2. I am a very honest and open-book person so many find it a problem, my strong character is least embraced by many, and it intimidates many yet am such a submitted being to love.

3. Away from what others think, I know I am single because I have been deliberate to be better single and happy than just ticking the dating box and dealing with people who are not intentional about dating and Marriage. This could be informed by how much I kept myself away from men in my earlier childhood years because I only believed to start dating when am sure that’s a person I would say yes to if the question popped up. so got my 1st ever boyfriend at 23, two years down the road it didn't work out, and the subsequent ones there haven’t been they lived happily there after the fairy tale story. It's been almost 3 years of singleness and self-love now so once I finally get the one, they are dealing with a restored vessel full of self-love and self-sufficient (being complete in self without bugging a man and being burdensome because you feel without them you are dead)

4. Lastly I am a hardworking and enterprising person who is also career-focused. These times were a good destruction from focusing on the lowliness caused by not having a companion but a time comes when reality sets in that family is missing in the equation. Anyway, this has worked for me by keeping me not desperate for Marriage but has also disadvantaged me in a way that God has laid down my path, given me the opportunity to pursue things and establish many of the things I want which has opened me to the realities of life and made me intolerant to men that are not focused or have no leading. There is nothing that melts my heart like a man who embraces their Godly calling of loving, providing, and being the leader/head of their family, taking charge of situations, and leading me on the path to follow. A man who believes in me, allows me to support them, and is out to make me better, a man who believes marriage and Raising Godly and Hardworking Children. I am still single because I am looking and waiting for my man because I am very sure that man is there and will come forth.

Page : 1 2 3 4