Author Thread: WHY DO PENTECOSTALS AND CHARISMATICS BELIEVE THAT THEY POSESS THE BIBLICAL GIFT OF TONGUES WHEN THEY SPEAK IN UNINTELLIGIBLE ECSTATIC UTTERANCES (otherwise known as gibberish)⁉️⁉️ YOU’RE ABOUT TO FIND OUT‼️‼️
LittleDavid

View Profile
History
WHY DO PENTECOSTALS AND CHARISMATICS BELIEVE THAT THEY POSESS THE BIBLICAL GIFT OF TONGUES WHEN THEY SPEAK IN UNINTELLIGIBLE ECSTATIC UTTERANCES (otherwise known as gibberish)⁉️⁉️ YOU’RE ABOUT TO FIND OUT‼️‼️
Posted : 16 Jul, 2023 11:17 PM

In America, it started with

Charles F Parham (1873-1929)

Remember Charles F Parham is the father of American Pentecostalism who claimed HE WAS ELIJAH‼️‼️‼️

YOU CANNOT MAKE THIS STUFF UP‼️‼️

Not only did Parham believe he was Elijah but he ACTUALLY sent missionaries overseas believing they would be able to speak in other languages without school or having to study the language‼️‼️‼️‼️

I KID YOU NOT‼️‼️‼️

Parham said this: “the Lord will give us the power of speech to talk to the people of the various nations without having to study them in schools

—Topeka State Journal

Parham also said this: “there is no doubt that at this time they (missionaries) will have conferred on them the ‘gift of tongues’ if they are worthy...believing they will thus be made able to talk to the people whom they choose to work among in their own language...The students of Bethel Bible College do not need to study in the old way to learn the languages.

—The Hawaiian Gazette

WELL, HOW DID ALL THAT WORK OUT⁉️⁉️

Are you sure you wanna know⁉️⁉️

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
WHY DO PENTECOSTALS AND CHARISMATICS BELIEVE THAT THEY POSESS THE BIBLICAL GIFT OF TONGUES WHEN THEY SPEAK IN UNINTELLIGIBLE ECSTATIC UTTERANCES (otherwise known as gibberish)⁉️⁉️ YOU’RE ABOUT TO FIND OUT‼️‼️
Posted : 16 Jul, 2023 11:45 PM

Well, If you’re Pentecostal and don’t wanna know the truth you’ll probably just respond with your continued barrage of false accusations‼️‼️

But if you want to know the truth, here’s what happened:

Robert F Anderson reports on S.C. Todd of the Bible Missionary Society who investigated 18 Pentecostals who went to Japan, China and India expecting to preach to the natives in those countries in their own tongue, “and found by their own admission in no single instance have [they] been able to do so”. As these and other missionaries returned in disappointment and failure, Pentecostals were compelled to rethink their original view of speaking in tongues.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Jul, 2023 11:56 PM

So...if you can’t speak real languages like the apostles did, what to you do⁉️⁉️

ANSWER—-you INVENT your own “tongues”‼️‼️‼️

Hence, I introduce you to Charismatic/Pentecostal style “tongues” otherwise known as PLAIN O’ GIBBERISH or “unintelligible ecstatic utterances”‼️‼️‼️

But what did you expect from a FAKE Elijah⁉️⁉️⁉️

From a FAKE Elijah comes FAKE tongues‼️‼️

From false prophets and false teachers come FALSE prophecies, FALSE miracles, FALSE doctrine and FALSE faith ‼️‼️

DON’T BE FOOLED‼️‼️‼️

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jul, 2023 12:02 AM

For more information, check out Robert M Anderson’s book, VISION OF THE DISINHERITED, the Making of American Pentecostalism

Thanks also to Justin Peters Ministries

Streetevangelist520^

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jul, 2023 06:11 PM

I never knew this LITTLEDAVID. Thanks for posting this topic. I still believe that speaking in tongues and the Gifts of the Spirit are for today within the boundaries of Scripture. Both the Cessational and Sensational positions are of the devil. Like Skip Heitzig has said: "I am a Fundamatic." What does this biblical term mean concerning the gifts of the Spirit? It means that you have the fundamental truths of the Scriptures and the Gifts of the Spirit within balanced biblical boundaries. The Gifts of the Spirit and speaking in tongues have been so abused by the Pentecostals and Charismatics it's not even funny! I am Pentecostal Assemblies of God and still believe that there's a difference between recieving your prayer language which you keep between you and God in your private devotional time and a message in tongues and interpretation. The Scriptures say so. You need a biblical balance of order and spontnatety. The Scriptures to back this up are 1 Cor 12-14; Romans 12 and Eph 4. Thanks for posting this topic.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jul, 2023 06:55 PM

Evangelist you explained that very good.

Takes the Holy Spirit leading.

:⁠-⁠)

Streetevangelist520^

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jul, 2023 07:04 PM

To God be the glory, Moonlight7.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jul, 2023 07:08 AM

Thank you StreetEvangelist.

I always appreciate your thoughtful replies. Your comments are certainly in contrast to moonlight’s bitter railings and false accusations that accompany her inability to answer simple questions about her false beliefs.

If you’re ok with it, I’ve decided to ask some of the same questions to you that I posed to moonlight.

In this post, I’ll quote sections from your latest message along with questions pertinent to each section.

Ok, let’s get started.

STREETEVANGELIST: Your I never knew this LITTLEDAVID. Thanks for posting this topic. I still believe that speaking in tongues and the Gifts of the Spirit are for today within the boundaries of Scripture.

LITTLEDAVID: Do you believe Charismatic/Pentecostal ecstatic utterances (known as gibberish), that Charismatics and Pentecostals have substituted for real languages, (because they’re attempts at speaking real languages have failed repeatedly), are the same as known spoken languages? For example, in the book of Acts several assorted language groups are mentioned but gibberish is not included. Do you find this troubling?

STREETEVANGELIST: Both the Cessational and Sensational positions are of the devil.

LITTLEDAVID: Can you provide scripture showing how the devil has contributed his insights on these positions?

STREETEVANGELIST: Like Skip Heitzig has said: "I am a Fundamatic."

LITTLEDAVID: Could you briefly explain how Skip explains and defends his own unique terminology (ie “fundamatic”)?

STREETEVANGELIST:What does this biblical term mean concerning the gifts of the Spirit? It means that you have the fundamental truths of the Scriptures and the Gifts of the Spirit within balanced biblical boundaries.

LITTLEDAVID: That’s a good answer to your own question but it assumes Charismatic/Pentecostal gibberish is a “gift of the Holy Spirit. Is that correct?

STREETEVANGELIST: The Gifts of the Spirit and speaking in tongues have been so abused by the Pentecostals and Charismatics it's not even funny!

LITTLEDAVID: I most certainly agree‼️

STREETEVANGELIST: I am Pentecostal Assemblies of God and still believe that there's a difference between recieving your prayer language which you keep between you and God in your private devotional time and a message in tongues and interpretation. The Scriptures say so. You need a biblical balance of order and spontnatety. The Scriptures to back this up are 1 Cor 12-14; Romans 12 and Eph 4. Thanks for posting this topic.

LITTLEDAVID: You say, “the scriptures say so”, but this is not what scriptures say. The scriptures you provided say nothing about a “prayer language”. You’ve given me only a Charismatic/Pentecostal👉interpretation👈of those passages. Human interpretations are not always accurate. Charismatics and Pentecostals have been and many times are guilty of reading👉their own ideas👈into scripture. Reading things into scripture is known as the fallacy of eisegesis.

You need to show how and why your denomination came to accept this interpretation.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jul, 2023 07:15 AM

StreetEvangelist,

Here’s something from Effectual Grace that you might find helpful as an aid to proper biblical interpretation. My emphasis👉👈added.

“Anytime exegesis takes place the exegete👉must go back to the original language👈to determine what is really being said, among other things.👉An Exegetical Fallacy👈(EF) is when the👉👉👉original language is misunderstood, misused, or misapplied to say or teach something that was not intended by the language”👈👈👈Apr 21, 2017

https://effectualgrace.com › commo...

Common Exegetical Fallacies | Effectual Grace

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jul, 2023 09:59 AM

I wasn't Bitter LD

You still pointing to me instead of your Correct version.

Lol

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jul, 2023 10:03 AM

You never tell me what to correct‼️‼️. LOL🤣😂😇

Are you saying I have to accept your false teachings that you never have been able to defend⁉️⁉️ LOL 😂🤣😇

Page : 1 2 3 4 5