Author Thread: Read and Delete (without responding)
JoeCoffee

View Profile
History
Read and Delete (without responding)
Posted : 12 Aug, 2023 12:36 PM

Wondering why there's so many women that only read and delete messages, without even responding. A simple 'No I'm not interested' would be good courtesy.

SeekingGodsBest74

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Sep, 2023 06:23 PM

I read and delete messages all the time without sending a reply and I'm a guy. I guess this might apply more to me if I ever sent out messages.

Anyway, I seem to get harassed by online interviews - basically someone who is bored who wants to pick someone else's brain over the internet. They're never looking to learn something biblical or of the Kingdom so I don't feel bad for blocking and deleting people who are looking to steal your time with small talk.

Does that make me a bad person - nope. Just a person who wants to better manage his time on genuine, meaningful people seeking with a purpose.

Dreadanielle^

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Sep, 2023 11:33 PM

Hey how are you

DL1983^

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Sep, 2023 07:47 AM

No response is a response.

PegLew

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Sep, 2023 09:29 AM

In the beginning I tried to send polite responses to everyone who messaged me, but it got draining and tiresome because it's obvious that the majority of the men messaging me did not read my profile and only looked at my pic.

I have no interest in men who only look at a picture. These men present with opening lines that make me feel sleezy and like an object.

I respond to all men who valued what I wrote in my profile and had enough relational saavy to ask/comment on my profile. That is the easiest way to start connecting. All women look for connection.

If a man has very little in their profile, They've given me nothing to connect with or comment on, so I don't respond to their messages anymore.

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Sep, 2023 02:25 PM

99.9% of women's profiles are generic and have absolutely nothing in them worth responding to and yet they are inundated with desperate simpy men filling up their inboxes.

Once in a great while I run across a profile that actually has some content that I might respond to if it looks like we have something in common.

But I absolutely refuse to waste time sending messages to women who are unwilling to take the time to say something of substance about themselves simply because they don't have to because there will always be a simp around the corner willing send them messages and prop up their egos.

PegLew

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Sep, 2023 07:23 PM

ugh... so I tried to send a polite reply explaining to a guy who sent me a long message and followed up waiting for a response. I finally said that I wasn't comfortable with his comments (which were "flirty" and about my physical appearance).

He then said that he doesn't know any women who would be uncomfortable and said I must be insincere.

I then said I'm just a nerdy church girl who is not visual or into physical appearance and more into personality. I'm really not comfortable around men who only notice what I look like. I think its shallow and i have no intererst in a guy who doesn't talk about the content of my profile. It just makes me uncomfortable.

PegLew

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Sep, 2023 07:25 PM

This is why I don't respond to every message. It just opens a hornets nest and now he is offended and getting mad at me. All I said was that I wasn't comfortable with what he wrote. My profile clearly states that I am looking for friends/fellowship/best friend/relationship. I don't feel comfortable with this kind of "come on" which seems to focus on sex.

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Sep, 2023 07:45 AM

PegLew I don't blame you for deciding not respond to all messages you get, but since men are visual creatures it's not unusual for a man to respond to a woman based on her attractiveness.

Most women want men to notice them and they try to stand out more by putting on makeup, doing their hair and dressing nicely.

The problem with that is most women get offended if men they don't find attractive try to talk to them. They want to be noticed by everybody, but only talked to by certain men.

Women have a natural beauty and for me it's a turn off to see women overly indulging in makeup, clothes and faddish hairstyles. To me it say's she's high maintenance and the juice is not worth the squeeze.

I haven't looked at your profile but saying your looking for "friends/fellowship/best friend/relationship" is confusing if that's how you have it written in your profile.

I do agree that talking about sex is inappropriate most of the time I will admit to having a sex talk with a woman on here but only after we had been conversing for several months.

She was overseas and It wasn't about having online sex but about wanting to find out if we were on the same page when it came to sexual expectations.

It was all part of the goal to find out as much as we could about each other before we made to leap across an ocean to meet.

In the end we never got to the meet in person as we eventually realized it probably wouldn't have worked out.

Prudence1993^

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Sep, 2023 08:41 PM

I myself I gave up,the person will message you,then ask where you are,if you say Africa,they run,,days back someone said he will not date me because I was black and from Africa...so I gave up,am thinking of deleting my self from here

Prudence1993^

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Sep, 2023 08:45 PM

I fear Americans,some guy here asked where I was ,and I said Africa,,he said I dont date back women ,I only want white women so they can have beautiful babies...so I gave up,maybe we are expecting a lot from people here,but just a hie is enough for me...I can reply and we have a meaningful conversation

Page : 1 2 3