Author Thread: (reply)
TravisjustTravis

View Profile
History
(reply)
Posted : 27 Feb, 2024 03:46 PM

Yes, America was formed as a republic and not a pure democracy. If it was a democracy then the loudest faction would rule. An example of the 'rule by a mob' is the black lives matter protest.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/31/americans-killed-protests-political-unrest-acled

So its important to understand that America is not a pure democracy. Also I enjoy the quote that you shared that Ronald Regan made 'I did not leave the democrat party as much as the democrat party left me!'

I have a feeling that I might not have been apposed to every mindset of the democrats say 40-50 years ago, but today the party has step in a clown world. My buddy David pointed out a notable point the other day (Think of all politics as a road, its not to good to ride either curb. My personal politics are abit to the right side of the center, but I dont feel that I am up on the curb.) I think that Adolf Hitler was riding up on the right hand side curb, and the skin heads are over there...that teritory is ultra conservative.

Another way to look at politics is like the pendulum on a clock. As time progresses the pendulum swings. In the 1960's the democrat party might have had a few 'radical ideas' but proably for the most part most of the ideas were sort of in the middle of the road. (At some point the democrat party decided that it was going to be the champion of the minorities...once someone commits to catering to the minorities that basicly means the party broke into 1,000 pieces) In fact in 2020 the democrats could not find a canidate to lead all 1,000 pieces. {I think that Joey Biden was origionaly a tad left of center...which controlled 20% of the pieces, and 'vice president Kamala Harris' was able to speak too a different 15%} Well the democrat party decided that it was best to try to make Kamala and Joey 'leaders' of some of the 1,000 pieces. (Anyway the world can see what a disastrous mess it is when someone tries to be 'all things to all people'

I have said before and I will say again that America is headed towards some troubled waters...So is the idea of 'Make America Great Again' even possible? That is the wrong question...the correct question that people should ask is 'When America steeps into the troubled waters who in there right mind thinks that Joey Biden could lead anybody to safety' (Joey has trouble leading himself off of the stage!)

So I encourage you to see the democrat party as representing (say) the farthest section of the left side of the road, and the republican party represents the majority of the right hand side of the road. The Make America Great Again (MAGA movement) represents common sense (we do not need to debate weather abortion is correct in 98-99% of cases...and we do not need to debate the restriction of firearms of every American)

The greater the weight, then the greater the counterweight needs to be (if 30% of the people run to the left hand side of the boat, then you must have only 30% of the weight shift to the right side of the boat)

David was concerned about the counterweight shift that will run to the right side of the boat because of the current democrat policies.

I will tell you why I am not to concerned about the counter weight. First I am not a republican, rather I am a conservative independent (which means that I am not going to trust every Tom, Jane, and Sally that is in a given party...let me be the judge of which candidates have centrist views) Although I do not like or agree with the Obiden administration I will admit that the democrats are doing an excellent job at teaching people to leave the democrat party. I guess that some former democrats might try to run to the other side of the boat, but I assume that many of them are going to run to the middle of the boat and stop.

I dont think that I have written about the next subject. But there is a book called the fourth turning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeVyfiP0cLk

Its true that America will soon be involved in the 2nd American revolution/civil war (in both conflicts the conflict was about who is the boss...should we have a big boss far away, or should we have a smaller boss that is close to home) the prophetic word that someone received is that the future conflict will be a success...its true that I am wincing at the fact that the democrats have allowed millions of illegals into the country. However I am confident that within the next few months the MAGA movement will send the illegals back.

Anyway thanks for the comment because I enjoyed responding!

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
(reply)
Posted : 27 Feb, 2024 05:02 PM

I like two wheels on the curb when I want to crawl under the car.

The irony in history and the twists and turns. Truth is lost in time. There is humor in it. The Democrats were Pro-Slavery. The Republicans were against slavery. Now black voters are mostly Democrat. Republicans put bills up for Equal Rights and to end segregation. Lyndon Johnson knew he would win the Black vote forever in signing the bills the Republicans put forth, that the Democrats would get the credit when he signed the bill.

In the 1960's the democrat party Lyndon Johnson became the champion of the minorities when he signed bills that the Republicans championed. The Democrats got the credit.

And you look at Planned Parenthood and Margaret Sanger and they wanted to destroy the Black population. That was the origins of Planned Parenthood. Now they are considered the champions of women's rights when all along they have been murderers.

I agree that America is headed towards troubled waters in every which way. It is deliberate! Some want to rule the world and there is a push to topple our government in hope of the Great Global Reset.

I was in the Philippines once. Half the road was missing from a landslide. The clever bus driver had us all get up from our seats. He fooled us. We thought he was having us exit the bus. But no no no! He had us all put our weight to one side of the bus and he drove the bus over the missing section of road with two wheels on the good side like a stunt car on two wheels or a motor bike. He risked all our lives. We would have plummeted to our deaths if there was another landslide or his idea had not worked, but we all got on the right side of the road as it were while still in the bus.

The greater the weight, then the greater the counterweight needs to be as you said.

Trump did not finish the wall while president and even if the MAGA Republicans get power again, not all the illegals will be sent back. But less will pour in.

The democrats have allowed millions of illegals into the country and that's a fact. But no way is the MAGA movement going to send all these illegals back. I think with all the terrorists that we have let in, there will be another 911 far larger and more well planned than the previous one. Then the millions of other illegals that help to bankrupt our country won't matter.

I have heard of "The Fourth Turning". The book has been talked about on a few shows. We are in the period of Entitlements.

TravisjustTravis

View Profile
History
(reply)
Posted : 27 Feb, 2024 07:17 PM

The book "the fourth turning" points out that so far the history of America has sort of been like a music cd player that is on repeat...at the end of the selected song comes the beginning of the selected song. The song that is on repeat lasts roughly 80 years, and the ending of the song has traditional been a *loud poping sound*. Roughly 80 years ago was the sort of twin disasters of the great depression and WWII, roughly 80 years before that at the ending of the song was the civil war, roughly 80 years before that was the revolutionary war (which if you consider what was going on, it was a British civil war...on one side was the origional northern* British country -vs- the southern new 13 British colonies) anyway roughly 80 years before that (I have been told) was a British conflict that was known as 'the bloodless revolution.

I have knowledge that the 80'ish year long song that has been on repeat, the song will be taken off of repeat (that is to say that I do not think that in around 80ish years the song will repeat)

You and I have slightly diffrent views about how the illegal immigrant mess will be handled, but personaly I think that people should fortify themselves and brace to see events that are shocking:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/03/americas-brutal-forgotten-history-of-illegal-deportations/517971/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deportation_and_removal_from_the_United_States

(and now for my favorite example...yes it was the broadest reaching but I think that the name is funny 'operation Wetback')

https://www.history.com/news/operation-wetback-eisenhower-1954-deportation

I very much enjoyed the bus story that You told...Thank You!

It was nice to hear that You also find it intresting that the history of the democrat party is starkly more racist than the republican party yet somehow democrats have convinced many black voters to side with the democrats (this fact also perplexed my friend Greg who is a History teacher)

I would consider myself to be somewhat of an amature historian, so I usualy do no peer very deeply into some things...but something that has sort of bothered me for a few years is the fact that it does not seem to me that the civil war was primarily fought over what we have traditionally been taught. I remember a few years ago at a flea market a guy gave me a brief history lesson on Black Confederate soldiers.

https://www.battlefields.org/learn/articles/black-confederates-truth-and-legend

I was pleasently suprised that you had information concerning Margret Sanger. From what I understand Margret was a radical racist...I am talking about the kind that wanted to kill people that she did not see eye to eye with. It is a bit shocking that people can not figure out why there are a large number of 'planned parenthod' facilities in black and other minority neighbor hoods.

In a similar vein on the 'black live matter' website it used to read 'blm seeks to infilitrate the traditional family unit of blacks...and rip apart black mommy and black daddy, and make it so there are two black mommies or two black daddies (I am pretty sure they have removed the radical statement) I lived and worked with black people for a few months in the inner city of Chicago, and the community defiantly does not need any more broken families.

Which leads directly back to my original post 'the dems have tried to be all things to all people...and they have failed big time, as a result instead of gaining the support of more voters...in a hillarious twist of irony they have exposed there underbellies, and they exposed themselves'

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/black-voters-in-chicago-vow-to-flip-city-red-over-migrant-crime-crises-time-for-us-to-make-a-change/ar-AA1mw1Bz

(fun fact: when you try to please everyone, sometimes you end up pleasing no one!)

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
(reply)
Posted : 28 Feb, 2024 11:32 AM

Great conversation and thread

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
(reply)
Posted : 28 Feb, 2024 11:32 AM

Interesting stuff

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
(reply)
Posted : 29 Feb, 2024 01:03 AM

Yes, "people should fortify themselves and brace" themselves as you have stated Travis. The shipwreck is coming! Just as Paul in Acts 27 had promised. Brace yourselves for the shipwreck! Unpleasant it be, but we will survive. One needs to prepare for the storm. But one is not fully prepared for the storm, but we see the storm a brewing.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
(reply)
Posted : 29 Feb, 2024 02:21 AM

True in some regards, "dems have tried to be all things to all people." For sure, they are not seeking the conservative vote. (They make the conservatives out to be devils.) While they are not seeking the conservative vote and they want to silence conservatives under right is wrong and wrong is right. Yet they try to be all things to all people in wanting the LGBTQ vote and the Muslim vote. Two contradictory groups that hope to rule the world. In some Muslim countries, they "pride" themselves for having no homosexuality, because in those Muslim countries, homosexuals are put to death. But here they are embraced in one party -- the Democrat party! Both Muslims and LGBTQ. Democrats as you say (and as it were) "trying to be all things to all people", and now they are trying to be all things to all people in trying to be Pro-Hamas and Pro-Israel at the same time, and they fail miserably in that! A house divided cannot stand and you cannot serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot be Pro-Israel and Pro-Hamas. You cannot be Pro-Murderers and Pro-Holocaust and keep the party together. Everyone knows what Hamas did was brutal and barbaric. Yet they try to cloak it and how can they envision a two-state system for Israel and Palestine side by side after October 7 with such an horrific attack FULL SCALE EVIL on Israel. Hamas is at the throat of Israel and Israel is not to have a right for self-defense and to protect itself from future events? No way can Hamas exist side by side with Israel while it is planning to knife Israel at any moment it can. So how does the Democrat party plan to be all things to all people? Here they must pick and choose sides. They cannot be both Pro-Hamas and Pro-Israel. In the near future, they must pick a side. Will they be Pro-Israel or Pro-Iran? They cannot embrace all. But they do not want to lose the Muslim vote. Nor do we want wars. But wars are coming. As it is, I cannot see the Democrat party unifying Israel and Hamas, and in the end, I do not see the Democrat party staying Pro-Israel as there are far more Muslims than Jews and I think they want Muslim votes. Israel is tiny, and some are saying that it has no right to exist. I am Pro-Israel and say it has every right to exist. The Democrats cannot unify their party on this issue. They cannot be both Pro-Israel and Pro-Hamas. Now some Muslims want to show Biden they will not vote for him next election if he doesn't slant their way. GOOD FOR US! That will be great if the Democrats lose the Muslim vote as we need some great corrections.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
(reply)
Posted : 29 Feb, 2024 06:02 AM

@Walk

You have explained that very well!

I am pro Israel. The Bible talks about Israel and God supports Israel.

I have Muslim friends who live in another City very dear to me and I pray for them. They married couple married for Years with grandkids. Kind loving people.

It's amazing sad how people get off into false doctrine.

Only God can change hearts.

However

Many So called Christians aren't even following Jesus teaching.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
(reply)
Posted : 29 Feb, 2024 11:21 AM

Seems Democrats are trying to take Trump off the Ballot in Illinois

This close to voting.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2023/us/politics/presidential-candidates-2024.html

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
(reply)
Posted : 29 Feb, 2024 11:26 AM

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/is-trump-on-illinois-primary-ballot-what-to-know-after-cook-county-judge-rules-to-remove-his-name/3369282/

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
(reply)
Posted : 29 Feb, 2024 04:14 PM

Now they are saying of Hunter Biden "Nothing here, Nothing here" when we all know there is something there. Millions to the Biden family from China. Millions to the Biden family from Ukraine. "Nothing here, Nothing here"

Page : 1 2