Author Thread: Speed Dating
silver761

View Profile
History
Speed Dating
Posted : 23 Apr, 2024 08:19 PM

Tonight I attended a speed dating event in my city. I think, I talked to about 15 different women. Only about half of them were Christian. Most of them were not what I am looking for. There was one lady who had potential. It was a fun event but I was a bit nervous or tense the whole time, because it was the first time I ever attended one of these, and I didn't know what to expect. It was a lot of talking. And by the end, I was exhausted. But it was fun at the same time. It cost $10 per person. It was held at a coffee shop after regular business hours. There were about 50-70 people in the room. Some were on the porch. Each women was seated at a table. The tables had numbers. And each person received a sheet with a list of persons that he or she is supposed to talk to. So, you had to talk to X number of people. The whole time was divided into 5-minute sections. They rang a bell when the five minutes was up, and then the guys had to get up and search for the next lady in the room. (The ladies were seated the whole time. Only the men got up and rotated.) The table numbers were in random order, so it took me awhile to find the next person. It was enjoyable, fun, and interesting. Overall I had a positive experience. But it was also exhausting at the same time. I am an introvert, and I usually don't talk to so many strangers.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Speed Dating
Posted : 23 Apr, 2024 09:36 PM

An interesting concept!

I went on a singles boat cruise once. I spent several dollars for the cruise. Beautiful boat. Lovely scenery. But my heart was not into the event. I am not much the drinker and lots of people were drinking and I felt I was mingling with the wrong type. The event was okay. I intermingled a little. But it was not me. I enjoyed the Sierra Club more with single hikes and single bike trips. I like hiking and biking and that was more me and talking to people that way. But the Sierra Club stands for nothing Pro-Life, so there are ideology differences. I am all for the environment, but no part of me is for abortion and no part of me is for the Green New Deal which is very deviant in intrusions and regulations and what gets attached to going green. A mission field is a better way to meet a mate and I did have interest in a few women while doing some mission work involvement, but really did not enjoy the mission group I had gone under. I did not like the way they went about things. So it wasn't worthwhile. But one can definitely meet people that way and some of them are worthwhile.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Speed Dating
Posted : 24 Apr, 2024 10:56 AM

That sounds like fun I’ve never been to a speed dating event, but have been to a few Christian singles events. I think it’s good to get out of our comfort zone sometimes…:-)

KJV_Bible_Lady

View Profile
History
Speed Dating
Posted : 25 Apr, 2024 07:58 PM

Speed Dating? Nah, does not seem like something for me. Dating should not be speedy, but a carefully thought out lengthy time thing. As the song goes "You can't hurry love..."

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Speed Dating
Posted : 30 Apr, 2024 01:05 PM

No not for me.

I have had success meeting from Christian site online and in person in my city.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Speed Dating
Posted : 3 May, 2024 03:32 PM

$10 a person‼️‼️‼️‼️

That’s one successful entrepreneurial enterprise‼️‼️‼️‼️

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Speed Dating
Posted : 3 May, 2024 03:36 PM

I’d like to know how much it coat to chat for 5 minutes before the average person found someone of interest compared to those who actually found someone long term and how long the long term lasted

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Speed Dating
Posted : 3 May, 2024 05:14 PM

I think I paid $50 for my RiverBoat Single's Cruise. Lovely trip! But I didn't mingle well. It was essentially like going to a bar and I don't go to bars. But I did go to a bar once to hear The Guess Who play and thoroughly enjoyed their songs. I was totally focused on the music and disregarded the smell of alcohol and cigarettes and don't think I even looked at a woman in the bar. Just loved the music. I guess I have similarly behaved in church. I never treated church as a place to meet women. But some go to church in hopes of finding a mate.

I think speed dating is a good concept. More chaste than the practice of "fish bowl" in the 70's where people would draw car keys out a fish bowl and learn who they were going to be with that night.

silver761

View Profile
History
Speed Dating
Posted : 3 May, 2024 09:57 PM

"$10 a person - That’s one successful entrepreneurial enterprise"

Yes, and guess what! She is organizing a second event for June. And this one is going to cost $15 per person. This is going to be just for Christians only. But I think, I am going to pay that, and a lot of people will pay that, because it's not a lot if you consider the fact that you could easily spend $50 on dating sites which do not guarantee that you will ever sit down and talk to person in real life. These dating sites just give you the ability to contact someone online, which is quite different than talking to a real person sitting across the table from you. Even if it's just for 5 minutes, it's money well spent, I think. Well, maybe if dating sites could offer more advanced search features, it would be worth paying the $50, but so far I am very unimpressed by the search capability of most dating sites. Computers could easily browse through a large database and pick out the best matches, but most dating sites only have a very basic search engine that does not take full advantage of computing power and the possibilities... but anyway, I think, it's nice to meet people in real life and talk to real persons as opposed to messaging online. Both are fine, but real life is a bit more fun in some ways.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Speed Dating
Posted : 4 May, 2024 04:49 AM

Yes, I think your odds are better with speed dating. That seems more fulfilling than here, especially in a Christian atmosphere approach to speed dating.

But nothing compares to Judges 21: 19-21.

Then they said, Behold, there is a feast of the Lord in Shiloh yearly in a place which is on the north side of Bethel, on the east side of the highway that goeth up from Bethel to Shechem, and on the south of Lebonah. Therefore they commanded the children of Benjamin, saying, Go and lie in wait in the vineyards; And see, and, behold, if the daughters of Shiloh come out to dance in dances, then come ye out of the vineyards, and catch you every man his wife of the daughters of Shiloh, and go to the land of Benjamin.

Yep! Some pretty quick results there!

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Speed Dating
Posted : 4 May, 2024 08:02 AM

I think speed dating might become the next reality show.

But if you think meeting a live person in real life is gonna be any less risky, think again.

A high percentage of those meeting in person, even over a period of time, end up divorcing‼️ AND they’ve met for much longer periods than just 5 minutes, sometimes over several years. You can’t have more personal contact than that. Apparently they just “didn’t get to know the person” well enough.

Speed dating might be a good way to chat with a virtually unknown but if you’re goal is finding a soul mate, you ought to be bit more focused. There’s more to knowing a person than just chatting to a wonderful person with a pretty face that smiles back for 5 minutes or longer. There are a lot of people in prison who can do that

Page : 1 2