Author Thread: To be or not to be (Rejected)
aniontedbachelor

View Profile
History
To be or not to be (Rejected)
Posted : 31 Dec, 2009 01:48 PM

It depends on how you look at it.You can take it as a terrible thing and allow it to lower your self-esteem, dignity, and self importance-Or you can say to yourself that this job this person and this relationship JUST was not in Gods plan for my life and I can use these things to PRESS forward in my life. ( Rom 1:17 )

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Dec, 2009 05:52 PM

Anointed,

Your words ring true and sound, yet the pain is real.

Sometimes in order for us to insure or enhance the chances of our finding that one person that sends us in a swoon we will make more than one friendship, hoping that one of them blossoms into more. Is this wrong? Is it an unfair practice? Perhaps...perhaps it is but, perhaps it is an inevitable "collateral damage" of searching for Love.

I don't believe that there is just one person out there for each and every one of us...just "one" person that will complement us. No...there are many...each one bringing something different that will add to what we already have and if they are "Grounded" in Christ it will work.

But that being said...I do believe that there is that "One" that is the "Perfect" match for you. So...we entertain the possiblity of each one that we contact as being that "One".

And if we are blessed and fortunate and Oh...so lucky or perhaps....Blessed By God...and do find that "One" -- then we will hurt those that we cared about and thought as possible partners in life. Either way we HURT!

Whether you are the one that is feeling hurt or the one applying the "hurt" there is pain...real pain. And as Christians we are not supposed to cause pain...we are supposed to alleviate pain., but....how can it be avoided...without being true to what your Heart tells you...what you feel being led to do?

But how can someone put themselves in "Harms" way again knowing that it may end in pain? I don't know the answer. Please, my Brothers and Sisters...don't let pain stop you from Loving...whether intentional or unintentional. Don't stop opening up your Hearts, because that is who you are and that is what you do and that is what we all need to see!

For the Beauty that shines from your eyes and your smiles is the Love that you have in your Hearts! A Love that is Given Freely to you by a Man who knows all about Love...a Man who Created Love...a Man who Died for Love. It is not your Love to KEEP!

It was given to you in order for you to share it. And if that Love causes you pain...then look to Jesus and thank Him for that pain, because that pain will enable you to "hold" much more Love from Christ and allows you to Give that Love away as Freely as you received it.

There is so much Love here...and there are so many looking for Love.

Please LOVE!

Forgive Me

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Dec, 2009 07:23 PM

What Archimedes says is true.... couldn't have said it any better. Thank you! We are all called to forgive and love. The beauty of walking this walk in Christ and in faith is the mystery of seeing how God works it all out in the end.

God wants to teach us all His perfect way, not that we'll ever be perfect "annointed", but He has some of us here as examples for us to follow in His name, in the glory of who He is we show by example of life experience through even rejection. As Arch says, let us "Love" anyway, no matter what.

God may have to use a series of events/circumstances to get His "message blatently through to us" . And it very well maybe something that He intends for us to go through to "better us". Hope I make sense for you. If not, you will get it one day I'm sure.

My take on Chirst in my daily walk, is look in anticipation ALWAYS to see the lesson and the message in all that happens for me whether it is positive or negative. Then I can deal with things most times alot better. As far as lowering self esteem.... on no... never.. the experiences we go through in life are only to better us! PERIOD.

GraceMae

aniontedbachelor

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Dec, 2009 07:55 PM

Yes Father Loves us so much and He validates us. So even if youv been Rejected by family , or friends..... God promises that Hell NEVER reject you! (Heb 13:5).So as u start to forgive and LET GO, Gods Healing Power will begin to mend your Heart,and you will have a better outlook on Life.

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Dec, 2009 09:23 PM

"God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him." - 1 John 4:16

What a Beautiful Loving God we all have!! He never gives more than we can handle. There is nothing that He can not use for Good. If we empty ourselves of hate and pain and all those negative thoughts and feelings...He will fill the void with His Glorious Love. I'll take that LOVE over any Love from here on earth anytime (although I still want the other Love too SmIrK...).

So again I beseech...Love...Love....Love....LOVE! If you get hurt...feel it...let it go...forgive...and then turn to God for REFILLING and refreshing!

I am feeling better....I want to Love! Look out world...here comes The Love Train!!! Whoooo Oooohh!

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jan, 2010 10:14 AM

Those who reject a good thing do not know what they are losing.

Just a passing thought.Dennis

trubeliever70

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Feb, 2010 07:50 AM

thats my thoughts when things dont work out.

MoonAngel

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Feb, 2010 07:31 PM

1 is good enough for me

we are suposed to be of 1 flesh not several

be friends with people if you get the chance but let them know be honest right away that you talk to others if you are

I find that I know pretty soon after talking to someone if we are going to hit it off or not and if so in what capacity and I tell them or they tell me,either way its great to have friends the more friends the better and if you truely find your mate and they accept you they accept your friends as well (assuming you pick the not too crazy type lol):ROFL:

good luck God bless

M.A.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Feb, 2010 07:36 PM

dear moon, welcome to the forums.

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Feb, 2010 10:08 AM

sorry i'm late to the party, just wanted to say, if it hasn't already been said that, rejection just means you were incompatible. Not good or bad, or better or worse. So try not to worry about it too much.

Elisa

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Feb, 2010 11:03 AM

better late than never?

A previous post mentioned jobs....

I was turned down for one. Best thing that ever happened. At the time I was devastated. 12 years in my career and had never been turned down. Then, I came in second to a wonderful woman. The best woman for the job was hired. Man that hurt the pride. But now, several years later, it is even more obviously true than then.

An old adage says...the only thing worse than not getting what you ask for is getting it.

Most of use have fallen in love (or thought we did) with the wrong person. Imagine having to spend the rest of your life with that person? No do overs. Shudder.

Page : 1 2