Author Thread: Y do guys...?
Admin

Y do guys...?
Posted : 1 Oct, 2008 05:38 PM

Y do guys.? I met a guy recently and we hit it off instantly. When we first met, we talked over appetizers n drinks for three hours! It was our first meeting after numerous emails. He called me everyday. We took pictures together. Then, out the blue he just stopped calling me. Y do guys do this? I am totally baffled. Guys please help me. This has never happened to me. I chose internet dating very recently because i kept meeting married men and men with girls. Now im a little leary about internet dating. Anyway sorry to get off topic.

GinoB

View Profile
History
Y do guys...?
Posted : 29 Apr, 2010 10:43 AM

I now understand why I.....speaking in the first, have had any successful relationships. The one and only reason is....God blesses everyone with a potential mate. However, when I sinned against that blessing, I believe "NOW", God cursed those blessings and no matter what was done to fixed whatever problem was ocuring in those relationships, God wasn't blessingthem. Therefore, I was blind and now I see ......there will be no more pre-testing before the final exam for me anymore.

bevvys

View Profile
History
Y do guys...?
Posted : 5 Jun, 2010 05:14 PM

I have had this happen many times. I wouldnt worry about it or lose any sleep over it. In my opinion it is Gods way of emptying your hands to be able to hold onto the man he has been has preparing you to receive. As far as the guy that never called if he cant talk to you in the beginning of a friendship you'd probably spend a lot of time trying to figure out what was on his mind. That is way too much work.especially when what is on his mind really mattered in the relationship. His season ended rather quickly there is always a reason for this. You will see it with heart and mind wide open. Thank God for the man he is making way for. I do even if I cant see him yet. God has not ever let me down in any way, refuse to believe he will now.:applause:

jdbarks

View Profile
History
Y do guys...?
Posted : 29 Jun, 2010 07:08 PM

Hey blackbeauty, how long did things go well before he completely lost interest in you? You need anywhere from 3 months - 1 year before you start seeing the hidden sides of a man, the sides that might not be so pleasing. He could have gotten bored, found someone else, or just decided you weren't his type in terms of a longer relationship. Unfortunately he was not honest with you and just gave you the very cold shoulder, instead of telling you his fears or concerns with you. Guys do that a lot. Communication is huge in a relationship, and a lot of guys need to work on their skills and some are unwilling or scared to try. If you gave me more info maybe I could help you out more. Thanks for sharing your story. I hope you have better luck with your next sweetie. P.S. You have very nice pics posted.

Godswarrior1

View Profile
History
Y do guys...?
Posted : 29 Jul, 2010 10:13 AM

In situations like this, it is best not to speculate. Call him and ask what happened. Most likely, he has another woman in his life that you don't know about. That's just an educated guess. But sometimes we need to just ask.

For example, I met a woman that was supposed to be Christian. She was one of the most physically beautiful women I had ever met. Yet after meeting her and later speaking with her on the phone one evening and having her be very selfish and rude to me in that one phone conversation, I never called her again. Why? Because after meeting her and after that phone call, I knew I could not be with her. She was too self-centered and selfish to be my wife.

It is a sad commentary on some Christian women that the most physically beautiful ones I've dated have ALL been too selfish for me to marry. Physical beauty is good, but if your inner life has an essential flaw, a man like me will take off. And what's even more sad is that the woman I stopped calling didn't bother to find out why I stopped calling AND was in the psychology field. I'm sure she wondered why, but she never bothered to call and find out.

View Profile
History
Y do guys...?
Posted : 16 Sep, 2010 05:37 AM

Well, that guy just pretended he was interested and just like that he will leave you without a word. Some men would lie to you and show he is interested but in the end, most of that kind of men just don't proceed to another stage.In most cases, you will just be hurt.Some people dont take this seriously, they are just collecting and selecting....So, if they are really serious to meet a godly woman, are they in their own selves also a godly man?Most men these days prefer women who have many past, I just wonder why they are still seeking a godly woman, rwally?he wouls say he is reading and obeying God but actually he prefers women that have gone into many relationships with men, very experienced.Superficial, isn't it?

rhead81

View Profile
History
Y do guys...?
Posted : 6 Dec, 2010 08:01 PM

well, i can somehow relate to that. Although we havent meet personally but we have been talking almost everyday for many hours through texting and IM's. I've know him for 3 months now. Then recently, it wasn't the way it used to be although he said he is very interested in me. We just talk twice a week online (IM/videocalling) or less. I asked him what happened and he said he need time to do other things and he cant talk the way he used to. Although he said he wanted to take it to another level. I am confused for his intentions. Pls help.

View Profile
History
Y do guys...?
Posted : 15 Dec, 2010 05:01 PM

I agree with Samaritan Woman. I'm having the hardest time just finding someone to date because I let "christian" men know upfront that I'm celibate and have been for some years. No ring... Where are all the serious christian men who believe in "courting"? I know I'm old school but have learned to be. Too much mess out here.

afeagro1

View Profile
History
Y do guys...?
Posted : 15 Apr, 2012 03:12 PM

I appreciate your thoughts. There are those on this "Christian dating" site, that would prefer to do everything except what is Christian, "having a form of Godliness but........." clubs and bars for christian"s is light and darkness trying to mix. The bible says that light and darkness don't mix. The scene in this scenario, was all wrong from the beginning. There was a man who became upset with me because I did not want to discuss "sensual" things which included elaborating or where I had "those feelings" going on in my body due to 5 years of abstinence. When I would not discuss it and went around the subject every chance I got, he begin to try to manipulate me by playing mind games that were directed at assassinating my character in regards to "hiding something or not being REAL" I was not about to prove myself, I know who I am in Christ, and the bible tells us to shone the appearance of evil....So if it look like a set up Im not going! The saying goes, "if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it's a duck! Just as Paul said, I believe I have the holy spirit. A final note........It seems there are some who want a nice Christian man or Christian woman but, THEY still want to live in ways that are not acceptable to GOD! (Lukewarm) I am not pretending to be a Christian woman to meet a Christian man, I AM A CHRISTIAN WOMAN, AND MY LIFE LINES UP TO THAT! Perfect I am not and never will be. But, again, the bible says we are to be perfect in what we do! This would be us living lives that are holy and acceptable in the site of God, this is our reasonable service for all her has done for us! Love, Love, and much more love from God the father and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Oh, and to the bretheren, peace also, form you sister in Christ.

View Profile
History
Y do guys...?
Posted : 16 Apr, 2012 10:22 AM

perspective! wait on God and it don't mean to stop dating! to wait on God means to seek ye first the kingdom of heaven and it rightousness and all these things will be added unto you. allow the word of God to minister the kingdom to you and he will ahow you what to do when it comes to seeking a mate or a date. if that man cannot be honest with you from the start about being married or having a girl, then he will never be honest with you about anything else that is deemed impotant. sweety, just seek God for direction and he will bring the right person into your life. i am in the mist of my second divorce because i did not seek God for my mate. Now i know better!. my primary focus is God and establishing myself. the only reaso i am even on this site is because life must go on! do not link up with an unbeliever what ever you do. an unbeliever is not just one that don't belive in Jesus, they don't belive in the power of God. the power of God transforms the mind and when that is done then people know how to function when it comes to relationships and every other aspect of life itself. i hope that answered your question to some degree! god bless and stay in His will!

View Profile
History
Y do guys...?
Posted : 23 Jul, 2012 01:37 PM

I can only speak for myself on this issue. When I have done something that I found disappointing to myself, I become a little distant and don't talk. I'm embarrassed about it, and sometimes find it hard to face my faults.

I have been working on this much in the recent past, and at least have the courage to say, "Hey, I messed up, and I'm embarrassed. Excuse me if I'm a little quiet for a bit or seem distant." I just know the hurt of losing some great friendships, and possible relationships because I wasn't man enough to face up to a mistake.

Page : 1 2 3