Author Thread
ian777

View Profile
CDFF members???
Posted : 31 May, 2009 07:29 PM

Yes, indeed it is a free site - and yet, still one of the better ones. I couldn't stand eharmony! Christian mingle I like, but it's got its issues too. The searches and matches at CM are better, but communication there is a problem. There's a lot of things here I really like, namely being able to communicate....even if there's noone to communicate with.

Thanks for the input,

Ian

ian777

View Profile
CDFF members???
Posted : 31 May, 2009 06:47 PM

I didn't know where else to post this, and it seems the ladies here have all the answers anyway

It seems part of the problem I've run into in trying to contact ladies of interest is that....they're gawn! They haven't been on line, sometimes in YEARS.

So with the exception of those who show up in searches as having been on line within the past two days, how do we know if someone's been online recently? And how many active members do we have currently?

I made the suggestion of adding a "last time logged on" date to a user's profile or thumbnail profile in the "suggestions" section, but is it already there and I'm missing it?

The only reason I even figured some of this out was by looking at posts said users made - and some literally from two years ago. All too often, emails I send simply aren't even getting read.

Gee, no wonder I'm not getting much response... they're dead!

Ian

ian777

View Profile
Cosmopolitan Magazine & Helen Gurley Brown
Posted : 31 May, 2009 06:29 PM

X - is this a transcription from the video, or is this an article from a magazine, or what?

Interesting and disturbing.

Ian

ian777

View Profile
a little sermon bout , knowin JESUS.
Posted : 31 May, 2009 06:26 PM

Preach it!

ian777

View Profile
The age of the earth - who cares???
Posted : 31 May, 2009 06:20 PM

Hey everyone, thanks for the comments.

jjarr - for a "new guy" you've shown a lot of wisdom in your posts! You are absolutely right; every word is merely the tip of an iceberg. It never ceases to amaze me - It truly is a living word. I love it when I listen to a truly annointed teacher: they not only give milk to the children in the audience, but will also give a mouthful of "meat" to those who are capable of chewing spiritual meat - you can't take notes fast enough, and if you listen to a recording of the message later, you get a completely new message out of it! It's the same with the word of God, for the same reasons - it is the Holy Spirit whispering in the recipient's ear - so it barely matters what the teacher says, because the Holy Spirit is giving personalized, specific instruction to each recipient.

The word of God truly is a living word that can speak to both children and to the spiritual old and mature.

Milk and meat are simply differentiated with an analogy to babies - you can't feed a baby meat; they will either spit it out, or choke on it. "Meaty" spiritual subjects cause the same reaction - people with either reject it or choke on it - it will not be received. If you're mature, you'll chew on it a looong time, and then swallow it. It's very deliberate. Meaty subjects like the complete otherness of Christ. Fun study, but not for the faint of heart.

One suggestion is to pick a specific scriptural question or interest you might have. I remember when I looked into the gift of tongues, I spent six months just on that subject alone. I listened to all of the views and did the Berean thing: Go to the word, see if what they say is true, pray, search out the scriptures.

So take a question and run with it - delve into the word, searching the scriptures over that one subject. A strong's concordance is worth every penny.

What I've found is it's amazing how one subject just winds up spilling over, leading to others. So while you're taking notes on this one subject, you wind up with an entire other LIST of questions spurring off from your original study.

It helps if you're obsessive compulsive too, as most of us creationists are :laugh:

Seriously though - you pray, and you get into it so much you have difficulty sleeping at nights because it's a continual stream of discovery. Finding multiple books on the subject at hand also helps, but - you have the Holy Spirit, so you need not that any man teach you.

But then why does God anoint teachers? Because teachers accelerate the learning. Yes, you can go out and build a space ship - anybody can if they are determined enough. It may take you fifty years and a whole wack of wasted time and money to figure out how to do it on your own- or.... you can go to school and learn from a teacher how to do it in under ten years and a whole lot less money and wasted time because that teacher went and spent all that time and money, figuring out the right way. They paid a price for your education.

It's the same with spiritual matters; you have the Holy Spirit, you *will* learn, He *will* teach you. Seek out anointed teachers, and your learning will become accelerated dramatically; hence the reason books come in handy. Problem is, there's a lot of bad "teachers" out there too.

Of course, then you find out how true Ecclesiastes is when Solomon said "there is nothing new under the sun" and you find out all these incredible things you're learning were already learned by others before you. :excited:

But it doesn't match the fun of discovering it yourself.

I dunno - I rambled on here... sorry if I bored you, and I hope it helps somewhat..?

Blessings,

Ian

ian777

View Profile
Stained Glass - From Broken to Beauty!
Posted : 31 May, 2009 05:09 PM

Ouch! Thanks for sharing B'loved. I hear so many sad stories like yours, and frankly - for one looking to be married, these stories have always intimidated me.

Nevertheless, thank you for sharing.

Ian

ian777

View Profile
How to get to know someone from this site.
Posted : 31 May, 2009 03:36 PM

Oohhh! Good idea - I'll do dat!

Ian

ian777

View Profile
How to get to know someone from this site.
Posted : 30 May, 2009 08:18 PM

Y'know Walter, a friend who's on here recommended that I jump on the forums - ANY forum. I have, and I can only say it's a great idea - it's a relaxing way to get to meet people, see what they're like, to know and to be known.

Only problem is, people actually gotta come to the forums to see the suggestion to get on the forums!

So I've taken a different approach in what I'm doing - any lady that wound up in my "favourites," instead of sending them an email trying to introduce myself and start a conversation (which they never respond to anyway), I send them a message inviting them to participate in the forums. We find out what each of us are interested in, and it's been a pile of fun.

It's been a pleasure meeting everyone here.

Ian

ian777

View Profile
Why is it...
Posted : 30 May, 2009 08:12 PM

Ah - sorry Lydia, I was asking the question more for noghrit; didn't mean to imply I was surprised people would email you - of course they would!

But apparently noghrit's doing something right that I aint :laugh:

Ian

ian777

View Profile
Wanted to say Hi...
Posted : 30 May, 2009 08:08 PM

Haha! Welcome Miss Christy! Good to see you here, and good to see you on the forums. I've been trying to coral people onto the forums - they're a great way to meet people. So post away on your favourite subjects!

God bless,

Ian

Page : 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42