Author Thread
ian777

View Profile
Hello
Posted : 29 May, 2009 05:23 AM

Hey welcome to CDFF Megan. Hope your experience here is a good one, and best wishes in your search.

Ian

ian777

View Profile
Hey There!
Posted : 29 May, 2009 05:22 AM

Welcome Jess,

I too was skeptical - even negative - towards this whole "on line" dating concept. But you know what - I've found that I like it very much. It's just a tool to get to meet people, but everything is right out front so you can usually get a pretty good handle on where this person's coming from right off the bat.

Ya, there's room for deception , and the usual miscommunication problems, but you get those meeting in person anyway.

So welcome to CDFF!

Ian

ian777

View Profile
Travel - tips, share stories...
Posted : 29 May, 2009 05:14 AM

Mornin,

There's a LOT of people on here who enjoy traveling, and I know that I have a raft of tips for fellow travelers - little known places I've been to that I can give directions for, etc...

Plus it would be fun to have a subcategory of say, horror stories and fun stories from our travels.

it's a nice way to break the ice between members, have fund posting stories and get tips for places and things to see that may be right next door that we never even knew about.

Ian

ian777

View Profile
Greetings earthlings
Posted : 29 May, 2009 04:56 AM

Hey thanks eh!

Ian

ian777

View Profile
JUST FOR THE LADIES!
Posted : 29 May, 2009 04:55 AM

Well thanks eh! It's nice to get some feedback - 'cause sure haven't got a CLUE what I'm doin'! :laugh:

God bless,

Ian

ian777

View Profile
Romantic?
Posted : 28 May, 2009 06:56 PM

I know that for me, romance isn't dead, and I do intend to "keep it up" after marriage. But - I see your point about expensive dinners and stuff - I would probably still do that, but you're right - you can't afford it all the time. I'm more of a "courting" kind of guy, but I'll use the word "date" here: Certainly not every date I'd take a girl out on would be candlelight dinner. I'm there to spend time with her - so a walk along the shore is just as good as a candlelight dinner, and it's free!

But - to more answer your specific question, I know I was told that was what won a girl's heart - and kept her feeling warm and special after marriage - was things like expensive dinners.

To me, romance is an expression of how this person is special to you. I'm not romantic with anybody else. But my idea of romance is a lot more than just expensive dinners - it's little things; a note. My favourite is making those silly little picture messages where you have to interpret the pictures, add and subtract letters to get the message, and send messages like "I've fallen for you like a blind roofer." Ha! That'll take her forever to figure out!

Also, a "first date" - well, I'm a "friends first" kind of guy; so I aim for something casual - but then other women on here write that it should be something special; it's the equivalent of "going to the prom" or things like that.

So maybe the answer isn't so black and white, as you (for example) feel uncomfortable with a fancy date.

You've got me thinking now, you know that?

It seems it would be specific to the Lady; what does she want? And how would I know? I guess I'll ask - or pay a little closer attention to what she wrote about her first date in her profile!

Ian

ian777

View Profile
Ladies please!
Posted : 28 May, 2009 06:35 PM

I agree with everyone here - it's been rather frustrating for me; I mean - I'm a gentleman, I write instead of sending winks, but have yet to get a response; several of them haven't even been on line, so I guess they've split the joint. But it's really left me wondering "What, am I chopped liver?"

I mean, I took the time to actually write - ask questions, start a conversation - leave it open too. I'm up front about where I'm going yes, but I'm a "friends first" kind of guy. y'know'm'sayin'vern?

I joke about them not responding now, but , it's a little discouragin'.

Oh well, let's all keep our chins up.

Ian

ian777

View Profile
JUST FOR THE LADIES!
Posted : 28 May, 2009 06:15 PM

Ditto on what Steven said. However, it seems to me I may be striking out because I'm maybe too up front and brutally honest?

And thanks Lydia for what you said - I know that for me, the first thing I'm looking at in the profiles is this woman's relationship with the Lord; and when there's nothing there, I move on.

And sumbirdy; I agree - there's risk here. Especially when I first got on, I've been burned really, really bad by women - several times, so I'm gun shy. So ya - there's risk that this person on line isn't at all who they portray themselves as. But you know what? I found out the hard way it's the same way when you meet someone in person.

:-(

You take a chance, pray lots, acknowledge the Lord in all your ways and trust Him to direct your paths.

God bless y'all,

Ian

ian777

View Profile
Greetings earthlings
Posted : 28 May, 2009 05:39 PM

Hi from eastern Ontario, Canada.

New here, I like the site - nice that you don't have to pay, and you can at least communicate with people (although others don't necessarily wanna communicate back! :-). Been trying out a couple of these on line communities, this is my second favourite - second only to Christianmingle; I really like the way they operate, but you have to pay. I couldn't stand eharmony!

Creation Science is my ministry/passion/obsession/life; love being on the road, but I'm winding it down now a little bit to be at home for a while.

So I'm just trying out these here forums, the smileys and everything.

good to meet everyone,

Ian

:peace:

ian777

View Profile
Hi from Canada
Posted : 28 May, 2009 05:30 PM

And another question... how'd you get forum posts on your profile?

Thanks,

Ian

Page : 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42