Author Thread
Mercymay

View Profile
Marriage
Posted : 1 May, 2013 01:55 AM

By stating that way it implies that marriage problem is the root of sagging spiritual condition which I believe is wrong because there are unmarried people who are strong or weak in their faith. There are also those who have troubled marriage who grow stronger in faith. I do believe there is greater chance of stronger faith in a marriage of two equally yoked partners. Being such, both/together will surely grow in their faith as there is that deep longing in his/her own self to grow and worship the Lord and doing it with life's partner there is the addition of joy.

I believe more that materialism is the root of sagging spiritual condition and everywhere we see materialism is advertised. The new generation is exposed to materialism and made to believe it is the source of happiness.

Mercymay

View Profile
TITHE is not given but returned.
Posted : 29 Apr, 2013 06:48 AM

Agree?...that tithing is more of a heart issue than a head issue.

Mercymay

View Profile
One of those Days
Posted : 12 Aug, 2012 06:22 AM

Yes, there really �one of those days� when longing for a partner is strong, wishes for a harmonious companionship fills my mind, believing life is better lived with someone I am intimate with emotionally, mentally ... in such moments I pray more and strive to trust and believe in God�s timing then have a date with a good book. Reading takes off the longing. Not that I believe I will be more knowledgeable but that reading helps me cope with stress.

Mercymay

View Profile
Is it possible...
Posted : 11 Aug, 2012 06:09 PM

Sad�I believe so true, so possible especially among the public personalities to maintain the appearance of �being married� for so and so years but actually live separate lives

Mercymay

View Profile
Would you date this guy?
Posted : 29 Jul, 2012 07:39 PM

I knew one guy who was separated from his wife for years but have not filed divorce yet maybe he hoped to mend the relationship. His wife got his own place and took care of one kid, he got his own place also and took care of the other kid. They come together on holidays. They are friends communicating as two parents although as couple they are not anymore. After meeting some friends with potential on here, he filed for divorce and now is married. His regret is that he stayed separated for five years. So I guess there really are separated guys on here who need friends first to finally decide to move on.

Mercymay

View Profile
Should females be the one to initiate interest in a male?
Posted : 19 Jul, 2012 12:38 AM

I prefer not to initiate even if there really are no rules. The role of male to give, the role of female to give back.

Mercymay

View Profile
Partner Cheated But Still In Love
Posted : 18 Jul, 2012 11:55 PM

Maybe she realized you are not to be afraid of? Without your presence in their lives she realized your worth? You are a better man than the other guy, lol! Maybe she showed up to see you and hope for reconciliation? Maybe it is not easy for her to ask you to take her back? (fear of refusal) Why don�t you ask her if she is willing to come back? I support it is a good idea

Mercymay

View Profile
The Living Bible Paraphrased
Posted : 18 Jul, 2012 11:40 PM

For me that English is a second/third language, I find this version as the best...makes my reading fun, easy to relate/understand, interesting...by Tyndale House Publishers.

Mercymay

View Profile
The Best Things in Life
Posted : 18 Jul, 2012 11:30 PM

Amen, the best things in life are free�to appreciate/realize it is attitude.

Mercymay

View Profile
Looks or Character?
Posted : 18 Jul, 2012 11:16 PM

If one marry an ugly man/woman because of good character, what if character changes? One end up with both ugly and bad character, lol!

Seriously, I look for c � bit of both for first impression and know him more about his faith and the way he treat other people, conduct his life. It is easy to state I am a Christian but does he really lead a biblical Christian life ? There are agreeable character but are not romantic and sweet; there are financially secured but are not generous; good looking but is a magnet of others� attraction; Godly but judgmental of others; etc�in total I look for a bit of all those qualities that like one profile here states: one pretty face that will always keep the pretty smile on my face.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10