Author Thread
Tarasye

View Profile
Will this be the Final "National Day of Prayer"?
Posted : 6 May, 2010 04:41 AM

It is becoming increasingly more unpopular to be a Christian that actually believes and reads the Bible. Our rights to worship are being trimmed and clipped and so few people are even taking notice.

Are you aware that Franklin Graham was "Dis-Invited" to the White House because his comments after the terrorist attack on the WTC nearly a decade ago, still offends those who share the faith of the very terrorists who attempted to destroy our economy and our confidence as a nation?

Even the writers and creators of a vile cartoon such as "South Park" have been threatened and bullied by Muslim extremists causing them to censor episodes that poke fun at Mohamed. For real, Hal Lindsey is well worth catching this week, and I have always found his reports to be reliable. I by no means support South Park, and no doubt most of you find it every bit as offensive as I do, but not to the extent of threatening the lives of those that have chosen to take the stand they support in creating it.

These same people threaten Franklin Graham for his Stand, and I would not at all be surprised to see them threaten Hal Lindsey for clearly expressing his views and promoting the Truth about what is really going on.

Forget not to Pray this Day, for our very way of life is slipping out from under us, and no one is noticing. The very air of Freedom we breath to practice our faith will very soon be sucked away from us in the name of secular humanism, to be replace by the bullying faith of the Islamic extremists that would kill all who oppose their worship of Mohamed and the Koran.

Be Bold Brothers and Sisters for the day is coming to take a Stand for Christ. Be not caught with no oil in your lamp, for the Bridegroom comes.

Tarasye

Tarasye

View Profile
National Day of Prayer....
Posted : 6 May, 2010 04:22 AM

Remember to Pray Today, our very way of life may depend upon it.

Tarasye

Tarasye

View Profile
National Day of Prayer....
Posted : 6 May, 2010 04:21 AM

Please, Please Don't Forget to Pray this Day!

Tarasye

Tarasye

View Profile
National Day of Prayer
Posted : 6 May, 2010 04:19 AM

Brothers and Sisters, I have been away a long time finishing renovations on my home, selling it and purchasing another. Have closed on one house but not yet the other. Feels like I have been working on an Ark, trying to finish before a flood. But today I take a break from all I have yet to accomplish as it is so very, very important that everyone remembers today is our National Day of Prayer.

So please, please take this take and Pray much, and Pray often for what the Lord puts in your heart. Pray for the Peace of our Nation and the Peace of Israel. Pray for those in authority over us for we are commanded to do this, and remember the Lord has allowed the appointment of all the leaders of the world for their season only.

We are quickly coming to the precipice of change, as it is becoming increasingly more popular and politically correct to believe in anything BUT the Truth.

Lord hear our Prayer as we all Pray together this Day, and Let Thy Will Be Done. Have Mercy on Your People Lord, and Give us the Strength and the Courage to Stand for You, this Day and in the Days to Come.

Amen!

Tarasye

PS: Friends, I will be back again after I get moved in to my new place, which will be within a couple months.

T

Tarasye

View Profile
Hal Lindsey-National Day of Prayer
Posted : 6 May, 2010 04:09 AM

I would like to say something nice about Hal Lindsey for the man truly out did himself this week. If you did not catch his report this week, I highly recommend logging on and catching it as soon as he posts for his message was very important this week as he discussed what is really going on with our nation's attempt to cancel the National Day of Prayer. You will know you have clicked on the right report when he talks about Franklin Graham being "dis-invited" to the White House in reference to the matter because of comments he made nearly a decade ago after the plane flew into the WTC

So as you pray for our Nation this day, pray also for the Health and Safety of Preachers that Lead this Nation, like Hal Lindsey and so very many others, for I fear for his safety and the safety of others like Franklin Graham, John Hagee, and so very ,many others that dare speak the Truth according to the Bible.

It is important to Pray this day for our very way of life is under attack.from the enemy. It is important that we remain Bold in our Faith and Stand for Christ. So Take a Stand for the Savior who shall NEVER forsake you, and be Bold like the Leaders in our Faith, that have the Courage to Stand for it is fast becoming very unpopular to do so. Hold Strong to your Hope that Shall give you life that no man can take away.

Blessing to you all as you Pray this Day!

Tarasye

Tarasye

View Profile
crime, would you turn your child in?
Posted : 26 Dec, 2009 06:06 AM

Right on Arch, I couldn't agree more. Follow through is everything, never say something you are not prepared to do.

Mark, the thing you have to keep in mind with a six year old, as with any age, where is their mind set: innocent mistake, a case of them just wanting it so bad that they didn't think it through, or is it a blatant knowing that it was really wrong and defiantly doing it anyway.

Innocent mistake is an opportunity to teach, no darling, we can't walk out with this, we need to pay for it.

over whelming desire, you make them take it back and tell the store manager what they did.

blatant defiance, flat out sneaky and aware that it is totally wrong, but believes there are no consequences that matter. Intervention might be the best thing, for there may be reasons for this behavior that need to be addressed, and this might be just the way to do it. At six years old, it isn't like the juvenile arrest is going to be that harsh, but it might just put both parent and child in touch with the right resources to make positive changes.

Kids are tricky, you have to learn to figure out what is going on in their heads. Firm and clear guidance is part of what makes them feel confident an sure of themselves, boundaries really do matter.

Tarasye

Tarasye

View Profile
Where Do I Fit?
Posted : 25 Dec, 2009 01:33 AM

Merry Christmas Brother, and Welcome to the Forums!

I am so glad you stopped here as this is a good place to get to know people. Personally, I am much more trusting of people I get to know on the forums than I am of others that contact me cold calling on a profile that is often vague and I know little about them.

The forums are a good way to show people your heart. Sometimes this is a good thing, sometimes it is not. Black hearts tend to show as quickly as a pure heart, but as you most more and more, it speaks to the truth of who you are, and I think that is something important to women and maybe to men too, as there are so many scammers out there these days.

I think you have to develop a thick skin on any site for people find it much easier to be rude, forward, or even to just flat out lie when they are keyboarding as opposed to being face to face with someone. Because deceptive people like that are rampant on all sites, this one no exception, often people find ways to protect themselves. Like me, I love the fellowship, but I won't get personally involved with someone that is not close enough to meet in person. I mean really, what is the point? The hope of marriage has a lot to consider, too much to have a barrier like substantial distance in the way

Frankly I will admit, I am a tall woman, and I am comfortable with someone being at least my height, but that is a preference and not a requirement. My ex-husband is four inches shorter than I am.

I have stopped looking at this site as a place to find that special someone and more as a place to meet new friends and enjoy the fellowship they have to offer. Try looking at it that way, and you might be surprised as people here on the forum get to know you, you will make a lot of new friends and when that happens, you never know what might develop. It is also a good way to find someone that you actually LIKE who they are as a person, giving you so much more to proceed forward with if you find there is someone you are interested in.

Few scammers frequent the forums. Most of them are really not that good at communicating, and most of them don't have real opinions on faith, they only have canned statements like they love Jesus and feel just like you do, and they let you tell them how you feel and just agree.

Here on the forum you will find real people with real walks in Christ, some you will like and others may frustrate you, but you get to see all that develop and grow in other and in yourself as we all interact as brothers and sisters in Christ.

So please, do not be a stranger to the forums, for we would all love to see you post more and we can't wait to get to know you as we know you will have much to offer, and we all grow together as we lift each other up.

So have a Blessed Christmas, my Brother and resolve to get to know us all better in the New Year by sharing yourself with us.

Tarasye

Tarasye

View Profile
crime, would you turn your child in?
Posted : 24 Dec, 2009 04:17 PM

Absolutely. Children need to learn and know there are consequences for their actions. I believe the very fact my daughter knew I was willing and able to make that call if necessary is part of what kept her in check. I think the fact that if she ended up in jail because of her actions, knowing I would not be bailing her out, forced her to check her own accountability. She will even admit that to this day, now that she is a young adult of 22 years old.

Once when she was 14, she thought she was going to stay over night with a friend and never come home, because that friend's parents were "easy" and they didn't even care that she was "staying" with them.

After three days, which included a weekend, on the fourth day I had a conversation with her on the phone that boiled down to "You can live with you Mom, you can live with your Dad, or you can live with the State of South Dakota, but you will NOT be living with your FRIENDS" That was a really had statement to make, as the state of SD had only recently put a little 14 year old girl in boot camp, that was so overweight, that the army would not have accepted her had she been of age, and after forcing her to run outside in the heat with leg irons on (hello, leg irons? Aren't they designed to KEEP a person from running???) she collapsed and died of heat exhaustion.

Would I have gone through with it? If I had to, yes. Not all decisions we make when parenting are easy, and often they may not even be correct, but when they push the boundaries, sometimes you really do need to take a stand. What would have happened at 14 if I would have let her stay with her friends? I don't know, but I know that after her friends parents were perfectly fine with the situation, I lost all respect for them. She wanted to live in a house where she was a guest, and where there were no rules. Wouldn't we all?

She was testing her limits, rebellion. In my line of work I constantly see parents bailing their children out of trouble, paying their fines for them, alleviating all the consequences of their actions. When we rebel against God, He does not bare our consequences. The Lord has paid the price for our sins, but He still allows us to choose our path, and allows us to bare the consequences of where our path takes us, standing by when we are ready to come back to Him. He advises us to train up a child in the way that they should go, and that they will not depart from it. It doesn't say they will not waver, however, and I think that is really common, when kids leave home they test the waters, and test the limits, and when they find that it is not what they thought it would be, they come back to the comfort of what they know, stability in the Faith you have nurtured within them.

If we are to have respect for those in authority over us, we also need to train up our children to have that same respect for those in authority as well.

I am not saying that what worked with my daughter will work with every child, but it worked with her. I do not believe in sheltering children from the world, but rather you teach them how to live in it, and exist under it. Discipline delivered in Faith, without anger, but in love is necessary, and important in raising healthy children in a world gone mad, where there are so very many outside influences. Firmness, Kindness and more than anything, love and respect.

If I break the law, I expect to pay the penalty. Why would I ever want my child to believe otherwise, for I would expect by the time this happens, there should have long since been a discussion about what is theirs and what is not, and what is right and what is wrong. If it was an innocent mistake, then don't over react, but if it was a blatant defiance of authority? Absolutely. Consequences are important.

Tarasye

Tarasye

View Profile
Proverbs 30:8
Posted : 23 Dec, 2009 10:11 PM

Great Post Given! I know you give all the Glory to the Lord and tell us you just cut and paste, but with abilities like that, you will never be without scissors and glue in Heaven Sister! And you truly have discernment for knowing a treasure when you find it. Everything you have been posting is just super!

Have a Beautiful Christmas in Christ, my Sister!

Tarasye

Tarasye

View Profile
What are We?
Posted : 23 Dec, 2009 05:29 PM

Awesome Grace, it reminds me that true wisdom comes from God and that those that see themselves as wise are fools, for they have no true wisdom, for the Lord has a way of selecting unlikely vessels to carry forth His Wisdom, like choosing Moses over Aaron. Even the coined phrase, "out of the mouths of babes" is a reflection of that very thing.

I know back in my younger days when I thought of myself as sophisticated and complex, I had complex issues and problems.

As I grew in the Lord and in Faith, I came to see that simplicity is something very under rated by many. I find myself so much happier now that my life is simplified.

The Lord did not speak in complicated format, nor did He own a lot of stuff or try to impress a lot of people. Jesus walked. That is about as basic as it gets by any standards.

If you want to de-stress your life, simplify it. Cast off the things that complicate and sophisticate your life. Toss out or donate to charity your excess and luxury. Step back from the drama and apply the WWJD rule to things. Become the Child with childlike wonder. Let intellectuals be impressed with themselves and stand on the Word in its truest and simplest forms, for it is the devil that twists and complicates everything. Chaos is his way. The Way of the Lord is simple and easy to understand, and in many ways not difficult unless we chose to make it difficult by complicating it with chaos and confusion and exceptions.

If life is overwhelming you, try it and see if it works for you like it worked for me. I find a lot less frustration in my life now with so much less to worry and fuss about. Would make a Great New Years Resolution for the New Year.

Thank you for being such a blessing to us Grace, your knowledge of His Word shines bright for all of us!

Tarasye

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10