Author Thread
bcpianogal

View Profile
How to get attention of a girl here?
Posted : 29 Mar, 2012 08:19 AM

There are a lot of "dead" profiles on this site...people have moved on, don't log in anymore, etc., but there is no way to know that prior to sending a message. When someone doesn't respond to a message, I go to the "Sent MSG" tab and check to see if they ever read it; if they did not read it, I assume the profile is "dead", and if they DID read it, I assume they are not interested.

bcpianogal

View Profile
Does age matter??
Posted : 26 Mar, 2012 10:09 AM

May I make a suggestion? If you are open to friendships, you should set your age range to "any age" so that anyone can contact you. If you only want to date men between the ages of 40 and 50 (or whatever your desired age range is), just make that clear in your profile.

bcpianogal

View Profile
would you date someone that in a wheelchair?
Posted : 23 Mar, 2012 02:06 PM

I knew I'd take heat because of my answer. The OP asked a legitimate question, and I gave an honest answer. There's no need to get all up in arms because I don't think I would intentionally pursue a relationship with someone in a wheelchair. If you are serious about being willing to, then you are a very special, very strong person. I guess I'm just a normal human being.

bcpianogal

View Profile
Break ups
Posted : 22 Mar, 2012 11:06 AM

Ugh...I hate that I can't edit posts on here! I meant to say...

"Don't WAIT so long that you BECOME just a friend."

bcpianogal

View Profile
Break ups
Posted : 22 Mar, 2012 11:05 AM

If you never ask anyone out because you are afraid of being rejected, you will be single for LONG time. You won't know if she'll say "yes" or "no" until you ask her.

By the way, since this is a relatively new friendship, don't feel like you need to rush into asking her out. Don't want so long that you because just a good friend and have no chance for anything more, though! Get to know her a little, spend time with her (even if it's in a group setting), and then get up the courage to ask her out.

bcpianogal

View Profile
Break ups
Posted : 22 Mar, 2012 08:13 AM

OK, you might be running the risk of being a rebound guy...but I think since you do actually know her and see her frequently, it would be acceptable to ask her out if she seems ready to move forward. Just be aware of the fact that she may have started talking to you more since her break-up because she's lonely...not because she's interested. You won't know unless you ask her out, though!

bcpianogal

View Profile
would you date someone that in a wheelchair?
Posted : 21 Mar, 2012 08:17 AM

Honestly, I probably would not date someone in a wheelchair. If I married a man and THEN he ended up in a wheelchair, that would be completely different. It might be hard, but I would not leave him. But it is not likely that I would intentionally start a relationship with someone who was already in a wheelchair.

bcpianogal

View Profile
Break ups
Posted : 20 Mar, 2012 05:58 AM

Couple questions before offer any advice...

1) Is this someone you know in person, or an online acquaintance?

2) Were you talking and texting before the ex bf broke up with this girl?

bcpianogal

View Profile

Location is pretty important to me, as I don't really want to move far away from where I live right now. My job is here, and my family and friends are here. I'm not saying I would write a guy off immediately if he doesn't live near me, but distance IS something I take into consideration.

Even if I didn't mind moving away, it's just easier to actually date people who live nearby. I'm more willing to take a chance on someone if he lives close enough to actually meet within a reasonable time frame. That way if we don't click in person, neither of us has wasted a lot of time and money on traveling to meet the other person. It also keeps us from creating fantasy relationships online...even though they aren't "real" relationships, they can be painful to end.

bcpianogal

View Profile
is happiness a choice or a by-product?
Posted : 13 Mar, 2012 01:41 PM

I think that some people also confuse "joy" for "happiness." As Christians, we can (and should) have joy in any situation or circumstance because we have the Holy Spirit living in us; we might not always be happy, though, because some situations and circumstances are unpleasant at times. Joy is a choice, but happiness is a fleeting emotion that I would tend to think is more of a by-product of particularly good circumstances, events, situations, etc.

Page : 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12