Author Thread
hedgedweller

View Profile
Laying out your fleece...
Posted : 26 Aug, 2008 02:45 AM

I heard a minister once preach about ,,,

Luke 11:11 If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?

This person was very old and had been in the ministry fulltime for over 40 years,,, wisdom always preceeded out of they're mouth,,,

this is what they said,,,,i am not putting it exactly right ,,, i wish you would have been there but here goes,,,

For us to be very careful when we ask for direction from God.

We must always use wisdom and let the word be the lamp unto our feet when we seek answers.

The meat of their sermon was satan is usually the first one to show up with the answer. Like if you are saying to God,,, send me a husband or send me a wife,,,,, this minister through experience said,,, watch out,,,, the next day some man will end up on your door steps or at your work and will be sent by Satan himself,,,, Satan will give you a better job as long as that job leads you away from your devotion and comitment to Jesus.

So he was saying,,, when you ask for bread,,, make sure it is bread and not a stone,,,or a fish and not a serpant,,,,

I remember before I got saved there was this girl who I had chased after for two years trying to get with her. Then I turned my life over and surrendered to God. Three days later this girl showed up on my door step and told me she had been thinking about me and wanted to know if I was still wanting to go out with her. she realizes now that she cares for me,,, i mean she came out from nowhere,,,, instantly in my spirit i knew she was sent from the devil... dont get me wrong,,, i am not saying she was the devil but that satan was using her to get me back away from God.

Well, I had told God,,, lord,, send me a good girl,,, and here comes this girl i had been chasing for two years,,, wow, wow, wow,, thats why this persons sermon stood out to me so much,,,

bye bye for now,,, Bruce

hedgedweller

View Profile
Laying out your fleece...
Posted : 26 Aug, 2008 02:18 AM

great post,,,

Most assuredly fleeces can be brough before God but rest assy=ure we are to be careful how we do this and with what motive we do it. We should never fleece God over stupid things of which I have seen and heard people do.

I think it is absolutely appropiate to fleece God when It comes to his will for our lives. There was a time that it was so important to Know without a doubt that God was behind us going into the ministry that I fleeced him. If he had not answer I would have never went into the fultime ministry.

So you might be thinking how faithless Gidieon was for fleecing Gid then the next night switched his fleece opsite of the night before just so he would know it was truely God.

Well I did much worse,,, I fleeced God 4 times and every time I made it harder than the one before. Yes he answered them all. The longest one took him three days to answer. The shortest one took him 30 seconds. again this was concerning his will and not mine. I dont think we are to fleece him to whether or not we should eat ice cream or go on vacation I would think that falls under the category of asking amiss. Bye bye for now.....Bruce

Ps , one last thing,,,,, AS I GOT OLDER AND MY FAITH BEGAN TO GROW IN THE THINGS OF GOD I stop fleecing him. Dont ask me why i stop,,, it just didnt seem to carry the weight as it did when I was first in the ministry. I think I began to reconize God voice and the leading of the spirit to guide me.

Bruce

hedgedweller

View Profile
GO USA OLIMYPICS !!!!!!!!
Posted : 26 Aug, 2008 01:48 AM

well predictions were 2nd overall and second in golds,,, i was one off the right prediction,,,,, tells your prediction again,, bruce

hedgedweller

View Profile
CENTER STAGE....YOU'RE ON !!! (POETRY) (SONGS)
Posted : 26 Aug, 2008 01:45 AM

I didn't go anywhere rev,, and I hope you don't either,,

just havent been feeling to well. and not writing much oin here the last few days...

Heh rev,,, are you really leaving the site or just the poetry post or what,,,,?????

write me on my private email and let me know.:peace:

hedgedweller

View Profile
CENTER STAGE....YOU'RE ON !!! (POETRY) (SONGS)
Posted : 26 Aug, 2008 01:36 AM

what did I miss, what in the world is going on with rev.

Surely he isnt leaving for real. I think it was just the poem he wrote is all. Wasnt it just the poem. Come on somebody be real.

Did something happen on another post that I dont know about?

left in suspence till you fill me in,,,,, Totally took me out of the mood.

Bruce,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:peace: o u t !!!!!

hedgedweller

View Profile
Your beliefs on Pre, Mid or post tribulation?
Posted : 25 Aug, 2008 01:00 PM

i think its better to be ready at all points too,,, especially in this post,,, to funny,,,,i am still looking for sonmeone to give me scripture telling when the rature takes place,,,

Corinthians 10 indicate some things very important,,,

the wrath verse i think does not apply in true text form to THE RAPTURE AT ALL,,,, it is used mainly as a way to say why God would not let us go through the tribulation instead of indicating it anything about the rapture.

??????

hedgedweller

View Profile
Did Joseph Know?
Posted : 25 Aug, 2008 12:49 PM

excuse me,,, i mean Joseph,,, to funny,,,

+

Mary was no longer a virgin after Jesus was born,,, so joseph never (( knew )) her as a virgin

hedgedweller

View Profile
Did Joseph Know?
Posted : 25 Aug, 2008 12:46 PM

some bethrothals we're only a week long,,, as in Jacobs circumstance,, two weeks two marriages,,,,

John couldnt have knew, (known Mary) before jesus was born,,,

for Jesus was born of a virgin

hedgedweller

View Profile
Did Joseph Know?
Posted : 25 Aug, 2008 11:12 AM

is your question

did he K,N,O,W her,,,as in knowledge

or,,,, K,N,E,W, her,,,as in Adam knew Eve. humm?,?,?,?,?,?

Here's a little food for thought,,,,,

Christ is the only person ever to have broken a womens virginity while being birthed.

hedgedweller

View Profile
GO USA OLIMYPICS !!!!!!!!
Posted : 25 Aug, 2008 10:30 AM

ok, olimpics are over,,,, someone help me find the medal count,,,,, i did't see the closing cerimony,,, was it erie?

Theopenning was beautiful but erie at times,,, it's a little like someof these cross dressers. they have learned how to dress up things and make them look beatiful but something is lurking underneath,, sorry for the typeology, ,:ROFL::ROFL:

ok,,, we need to god back and find our perdictions,,, whos going to help me find the medal count,,, H,,E,,L,,P!!

bruce,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :peace:o,,u,,t,,!

Page : 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12