Author Thread
teach_ib

View Profile
i support barack obama
Posted : 25 May, 2012 02:02 PM

We are told to pray for our leaders, those in authority over us.

1 Timothoy 2:1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; 2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. 3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; 4 Who will have all men to be saved , and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Note verse 2...we're praying that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty...so we should be praying that our leaders, whatever letter is behind their names, will uphold God's principles. However, we know that is not oing to be the case because they, like us are sinners.

God allowed/allows unholy leaders to wake us up sometimes...the reality of the acceptance of immorality, whether homosexuality or adultery or fornication, particularly in changing God's definition of marriage should awaken those of us who are Christians to be about the Father's business of giving the Gospel to every creature.

Romans 1:25a Who changed the truth of God into a lie...

teach_ib

View Profile
The "I got a friend who" question
Posted : 25 May, 2012 01:33 PM

I know many happily married couples who did not hold hands or kiss until on their wedding day. Some churches still teach this and individually you have to decide what is right for you. Talking this through is always important anytime you are looking for more than a friendship. Upholding this standard is possible although it is much harder after you have been married and are divorced or widowed. The standard allows you to focus on the other parts of a relationship such as conversation and activities.

teach_ib

View Profile
what are genuine Good Bible believing person to do?
Posted : 25 May, 2012 01:21 PM

I'm no professional at this...but I can make a few recommendations that may help get responses. I suggest using one of the photos of just you as your profile photo. The one you have includes a young boy...nice to have on your page...just not as the first impression of you.

I also suggest you use spell/grammar check on your profile entry. Again this is the first impression of you and you want to put your best foot forward. Many scammers have typos, misspelled words, and poor grammar.

Keep reaching out through messages...winks are often ignored. Some who use tablets or their phones may not be able to use the chat feature.

teach_ib

View Profile
what are genuine Good Bible believing person to do?
Posted : 25 May, 2012 01:21 PM

I'm no professional at this...but I can make a few recommendations that may help get responses. I suggest using one of the photos of just you as your profile photo. The one you have includes a young boy...nice to have on your page...just not as the first impression of you.

I also suggest you use spell/grammar check on your profile entry. Again this is the first impression of you and you want to put your best foot forward. Many scammers have typos, misspelled words, and poor grammar.

Keep reaching out through messages...winks are often ignored. Some who use tablets or their phones may not be able to use the chat feature.

teach_ib

View Profile
In a First, President Backs Gay Marriage
Posted : 24 May, 2012 09:06 PM

Holdingouthope, I must applaud you for your patience with responding to JustChrist. While names and accusations were thrown at you, me, and others, you stayed with the facts.

JustChrist, I suppose you would prefer we would all listen to someone like Jeremiah Wright.

My source for my views is the Bible which I have read cover to cover multiple times and continue to read, study, and meditate. If you looked back in time to the days of Noah, you would see homosexuality and many other sins. If you look at the account of Sodom and Gomorrah, you will clearly see the men preferred the male angels over Lot's virgin daughters. The cities had deteriorated so badly that God could not find 10 people who feared God and God utterly destroyed the cities and all people within. (Genesis 18, 19).

Where in the Bible does God support the gay lifestyle or gay marriage? Genesis 2:24 "Therefore shall a MAN leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his WIFE: and they shall be one flesh."

Jesus reiterated this in the New Testament...Matthew 19:5;Mark 10:7.

When the adulteress woman was brought before Him, Jesus said neither do I condemn thee, go and sin no more.

Where in the Bible are you getting that Jesus would promote/support homosexuality or any other sin?

BTW I know of many people who have been reached with Gospel by people who are very conservative, mainly because they show they practice what they talk...sincerity goes a long way. Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven.

teach_ib

View Profile
America At It's Best
Posted : 23 May, 2012 07:11 PM

Have you ever researched the differences between translations and why they have been changed? How do you resolve the issue of missing verses between translations? Have you researched the method/people behind the different translations? There are some translations that remove references to Hell, refer to God as a female, omit the blood atonement for sins, etc. Copyright laws require a percentage of the Bible to be changed for a new copyright and to avoid plagiarism....I'm personally not comfortable with changing God's Word.

Revelation 22:18�For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19�And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

To go back to the reason behind my comment...society started drastically changing when Christians didn't take a stand for values and allowed non-Christians to change the Word.

teach_ib

View Profile
Smoking and Drinking
Posted : 22 May, 2012 06:59 PM

While all things may be legal (in man's eyes), all things are not expedient (good). There are enough verses in the Bible that say No, there are no commandments to drink it. I prefer to err on the side of not taking the chance on crossing the line...

No one became a drunkard while abstaining from drinking alcohol. For me to be 'equally yoked' that individual will have the same view. I'm not telling you to live up to the same standards I hold for myself, I just limit those I choose to directly communicate with to those that would be a potential mate. Using the chat forums allows dialog with others.

Why are you offended by those of us that are up front about our expectations?

teach_ib

View Profile
The Master doesn�t need Mega
Posted : 22 May, 2012 02:32 PM

Your right size of churches matter...if it is too small it doesn't offer what all the members need. If it is too large without the appropriate staff, it will not be able to manage the members needs (as was the problem when the deacons hip was established in Acts).

I have been members of large and small churches that were ineffective in feeding the flock...although there were some in each that received what they needed at that phase of their Christian life...and our spiritual needs do change over time as we mature in our walk, as we face trials, as our family situation changes.

If I was preparing for a marathon, I may go to a large gym which had an array of trainers that could identify and help my needs.

It doesn't take much to prepare for heaven. The focus should be on getting others into the fold...changing their eternal destination. Church and the ministries of that church should provide opportunities to learn how to reach the lost and then disciple them and then allow them to serve in ministries to reach the lost...the full cycle to follow Jesus command to get the Gospel out.

A small church may not offer opportunities for Christians to use their talents and it may not offer opportunities to reach the spiritual needs of all members/age groups. For me to grow I have to have opportunities to teach/be involved. Just sitting in the pew every service doesn't work...although I went through seasons in my life where I needed that. In a small church someone could get burnt out if someone else wasn't available to step in occasionally.

If a small church is what meets your needs, then that's where you should be. I just ask that you don't stereotype all large churches as ineffective. I know of many that are very effective in reaching the lost, discipling them, and making them productive for the Lord.

teach_ib

View Profile
In a First, President Backs Gay Marriage
Posted : 21 May, 2012 10:12 PM

Pres Obama pushed for acceptance ed the gay life style in the military. What so many people don't seem to realize, it's one step at a time.

As for charity and taxes...the constitution calls for the common defense. There are VERY few things our founding fathers thought should be provided by the government...common defense of the nation is one of them...and our states/local governments opted for police forces. Our forefathers from the Mayflower learned that if you have a common pool of food, eventually people won't do their fair share...then no one eats.

teach_ib

View Profile
The Master doesn�t need Mega
Posted : 21 May, 2012 09:55 PM

The New testament church set the example of adding deacons to the team to assist with the church's ministries. I've belonged to all sizes of churches...it's not the size, it's the message and the quality of the staff (pastor, assistant pastors, deacons, teachers, etc.). I currently attend a larger church (we have close to 200 in attendances on Sunday nights). It's one of the best (and largest) churches I've attended (and I've lived throughout the US and visited in many parts of the world.)

The focus on the Bible and what it says. There are programs/activities for cradle to grave...all focused on getting the Gospel message to every creature regardless of status, race, origin, etc.

Churches have a personality...we each need to find the one of the size and quality that God made you for. Ensure the message is right...not that it 'tickles' your ears.

Page : 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132