Author Thread
teach_ib

View Profile
America At It's Best
Posted : 21 May, 2012 09:43 PM

2 Chronicles 7:14 "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

There is relevance to the issue on the Bible translations in this matter. Until the 60s and 70s, there weren't too many translations of the Bible in English. Now there are too many to list. Which do you memorize/hide in your heart? Confusion in church on translations introduces confusion in young minds.

Taking all the Christians out of public school won't solve the problem. Godly parents and solid church teachings will help. Voting will help...think about the values of the elected officials...do they align with Biblical teaching?

I put a poster up in the small Christian school I directed for a while..."as long as there are tests, there will always be prayer in school."

Share the Gospel, teach all that Jesus commanded. Stop watering down the message. There are penalties, punishments, and consequences for sin. God is a loving God...He is also a just God. Just as your earthly parents chastise (punish), your Heavenly Father will chastise. Too often we only want to hear about His love...we have to remember His punishment, too.

teach_ib

View Profile
America At It's Best
Posted : 19 May, 2012 08:50 PM

It really started in the 60s when the issue of prayer started to be raised. Little by little the other changes have crept in and now the textbooks aren't even close to accurate. I volunteer in schools and am appalled at the changes to the fundamentals of American History. For instance, my nephew's third grade book gave financial reasons for the pilgrims leaving England to come to America...my ancestors came over on the Mayflower...fleeing religious persecution for holding to their Biblical foundation.

The Bible used to be the text for teaching hidden to read...the KJV. Now we change the Word of God to 'make it easier' to read, make it 'more apealing' to the reader, make it 'gender neutral', etc.

Christians haven't taken a stand and when they do, they're looked at as pushing heir views on everyone else.

Too many so-called Christians vote for and support political leaders who obviously do not hold fast to Christian beliefs and values. The watering down of values allows for the social changes that have become 'acceptable'.

teach_ib

View Profile
The Master doesn�t need Mega
Posted : 19 May, 2012 01:19 PM

There is nothing wrong with large crowds gathering to hear the Gospel. Jesus taught/preached to crowds of over 5,000 men...probably 10-12,000 with women and children. The disciples preached to crowds of 3,000 or more.

It's not the size of the crowd, it's the content of the message. Too many of the mega churches are more interested in the numbers but there are still some great Bible preaching churches that bring in large numbers.

People can't get saved if they don't hear/read the Word.

teach_ib

View Profile
In a First, President Backs Gay Marriage
Posted : 18 May, 2012 07:54 PM

It doesn't take courage to stand for sin, it does take courage to stand against sin.

It is a sad state of affairs that states have to enact laws to protect God's institution of marriage. We wouldn't need laws if it wasn't for those who want to force their lifestyle on others. Christians, followers of Christ, are not forcing our lifestyle, we're trying to protect it.

With the action by Pres Obama, who also arbitrarily declared that the US is not a Christian nation, our nation is on a rapid path to destruction - decaying morals are the downfall of every nation in history.

More conservatives directly support the poor than most liberals...look at the charitable donations of the nation's leaders. Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime.

teach_ib

View Profile
Obama states that the justification for Gay Marraige is found in God's Word and that the Biblical Golden Rule caused him to be for Gay Marraige??
Posted : 17 May, 2012 03:46 PM

I don't think President Obama is the anti-Christ. I'm just not impressed with his performance and disagree Biblically and politically with his positions and politics. The Bible is my standard, 'if God's against, so am I'. And I don't care whether someone is a democrat or republican or any other party. Moral standards or the lack of them matters.

teach_ib

View Profile
Obama states that the justification for Gay Marraige is found in God's Word and that the Biblical Golden Rule caused him to be for Gay Marraige??
Posted : 16 May, 2012 07:16 PM

There is NO justification in the Bible that was authored by God and written down by select men of God. There are many counterfeit versions with the title Bible on their cover.

Romans 1 is very clear on the sin of homosexuality along with other sins. I read a interesting article today which put it this way: just because something is legal in man's eye does not eliminate it as sin in God's eye.

God does judge nations on the Biblical stand they take. History proves over and over when a nation loses its moral standards it soon fails.

2Chronicles 7:14. If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

teach_ib

View Profile
i support barack obama
Posted : 15 May, 2012 09:04 PM

We are all either Jew or Gentile. Romans Chapter 1:addresses the type of lifestyle he just endorsed by President Obama as well as those who worship the creation more than the Creator.

Romans 1:16 "for I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ; for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth..."

1:26-27

For this cause God gave them up to vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working the unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.

The rest of the chapter addresses more...

teach_ib

View Profile
Christians and War...
Posted : 15 May, 2012 08:48 PM

God had the Israelites fight many wars...some of the same enemies we are fighting today.

"to every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven...a time of war, and a time of peace..." Ecclesiastes 3:1,8b

So should we have police officers?

Not everyone is called to serve as a soldier, airman, sailor, or marine....but everyone benefits from those who are.

teach_ib

View Profile
Considering to join the Military
Posted : 15 May, 2012 08:39 PM

As a military retiree, I can say that I made a great decision to go through ROTC in college. I checked into it when I received a card in the mail about a possible scholarship...the Air Force paid for most of my college, and provided me with an adventurous career. I'm still reaping the benefits of that unexpected choice. You don't have to give up college to join the military...check out a ROTC program, there are 2 year programs for your junior and senior year. Upon graduation, you'll receive a commission and an opportunity for a career. You don't have to decide today if you will be a 'lifer'.

Keep praying about it. Talk to someone in ROTC before you go to a recruiter.

teach_ib

View Profile
What is a fundamentalist Christian?
Posted : 15 May, 2012 08:28 PM

Fundamental Christians aren't angry...radicals are angry and do non-Christian acts like bombing clinics, protesting at funerals of our fallen soldiers. Fundamental Christians hold to the fundamentals of the Bible...and we still have a lot of fun...

Page : 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133