Author Thread
teach_ib

View Profile
I am Sorry
Posted : 15 May, 2012 08:23 PM

There is no reason to apologize for how God made you. We are ade special in HS eyes, He doesn't make mistakes or junk. Those who don't accept you or are mean to you over looks are not following the golden rule. They are not worthy of you. We are all made in Hia image.

teach_ib

View Profile
i support barack obama
Posted : 15 May, 2012 08:13 PM

We are only His sons and daughters if we have accepted His free gift of salvation, adopted into His family.

Christ loves sinners but despises the sin. He gave His life to pay our death penalty...for the wages of sin is death Romans 6:23. "but God commendeth His love towards us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

Read Romans Chapter 1 for the Biblical view on the latest news...

teach_ib

View Profile
What are the signs you're ready to date for a Christian Marriage?
Posted : 15 May, 2012 07:59 PM

When working with teens, we taught "every date is a potential mate.". If you are looking to date, you should date someone you would consider marrying...not that you know that the relationship will lead to marriage, but that the person you choose to date has the fundamental qualifications...is a Christian.

teach_ib

View Profile
Smoking and Drinking
Posted : 15 May, 2012 07:52 PM

The Bible does say "abstain from all appearance of evil." 1Thessalonians 5:22

"It is not for kings, O Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine; nor princes strong drink." Proverbs 31:4

"Who hath woe? Who hath sorrow? Who hath contentions? Who hath babbling? Who hath wounds without cause? Who hath redness of eyes? They that tarry long at the wine; they that go to seek mixed wine. Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his color in the cup, when it movers itself aright. At the last it bitten like a serpent, and stingers like an adder.". Proverbs 23:29-32

Wine was the fruit of he vine...there was good wine and bad wine...the fermented wine was the bad wine

There are more verses that address wine/strong drink...

teach_ib

View Profile
What to do with impatience in another?
Posted : 15 May, 2012 06:53 PM

Amen, well written dreamtime.

Scripture was given for proof -- yep, people can twist it, manipulate it, misquote it...that's why Scripture tells us to study it, meditate on it, hide it in our heart.

teach_ib

View Profile
whats wrong with me...
Posted : 15 May, 2012 06:45 PM

I don't see anything glaringly wrong in your profile...you may sound a little too good to be true as you have a variety of accomplishments/projects you're working.

I can speak geek fluently...fortunately, your profile is not too geekish.

Keep trying to reach out to those who interest you...allow God time to work. On these types of websites, I think you have to think of those you reach out to as people you pass on the street...smile, say hi, and every now and then someone will respond...frustrating, I know!!

teach_ib

View Profile
What do christian girls look for in Guys?
Posted : 15 May, 2012 06:23 PM

Honesty, integrity, a Christian walk, respect, appreciation, consideration, humbleness, for starters...

Conservatism goes along with Christian values and morals.

teach_ib

View Profile
How come i can find any Friendhsip sites online?
Posted : 27 Aug, 2011 03:30 PM

Google "Christian chartrooms". I just did and saw a list, many free. Not sure how they are...worth exploring for you.

teach_ib

View Profile
still hurting
Posted : 25 Aug, 2011 08:28 PM

You can't go back in time...start looking forward and learn from the experience. We spend too much time wishing we could undo things...much better to focus on those things that can occur.

teach_ib

View Profile
Scars of Life
Posted : 25 Aug, 2011 08:24 PM

The fathervin the story was not trying to hurt his child. Because of the struggle, the child ended up with scars. The father refused to let go.

Because we get entangled with the world, our Heavenly Father grabs hold of us and hangs on. The scars are left from the struggling we do allowing the world to hang on to us and fighting against the Father's hold.

Because we have a free will, we can make the wrong choices and have to suffer consequences (punishment) for our sins. This can also leave scars...figuratively or literally.

Satan uses those scars...our memories...to try to keep us down, planting seeds of doubt in our minds if we do not rebuke him.

Dealing with young children who throw tantrums provides a similar example. If you try to hold them to help calm them down or prevent them from hurting themselves, they often will struggle against you. You have no intention of hurting them but they will tell you you're hurting them. All they would have to do is stop squirming and struggling and they would no longer be hurting. God wraps His arms around us yet we often struggle to get away...leaving marks on us.

Page : 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134