Author Thread
teach_ib

View Profile
Somebody got banned for trying to scam me! Thank you CDFF!
Posted : 24 Aug, 2011 08:20 PM

This site is really good about getting rid of scanners. It doesn't take much to identify them these days. I have had a few and sent a note to the administrator. In no time they are Gone!!

teach_ib

View Profile
Scars of Life
Posted : 22 Aug, 2011 09:15 PM

I think the scars would differ depending on the trials and experiences one went through. Paul had his 'thorn in his side' that God would not remove. The deeper in sin, the more scars or reminders of what we've been forgiven of once we are saved.

Paul had to live with the memories of the people he persecuted before he got saved. This was probably a huge motivator to him. He probably thought of them during the times he was stoned....but he thought it all gain.

Our scars help us help others...we never know when we will be called upon to reach out to someone else dealing with situations similar to ours.

teach_ib

View Profile
I just dont get it
Posted : 22 Aug, 2011 09:07 PM

Prayers to you...not Tom:excited:

teach_ib

View Profile
I just dont get it
Posted : 22 Aug, 2011 09:06 PM

Angel girl,

First of all know that God doesn't make trash. He made you and you are special to Him. It grieves Him when you are treated the way you were. Don't put yourself down or allow anyone else to put you down.

As for your ex...he could be quite honest with you...mother's can be quite overbearing and conniving when it comes to their sons and daughters. There are many that try to be match makers. Once he moved back home, he was subjected to her moves because he is under her 'authority' in a sense.

Or, he could have done it on his own and now realizes what a mistake he made...this the dilemma I think you are trying to sort out.

If you think he is worth investing a little more time, you can SLOWLY attempt to work through the situation. Don't make any promises...let him know in a Christian manner how his actions impacted you and you will need some time before you can decide whether to continue a relationship. You may want to see if you can work through a counselor or pastor.

If you think he is really being dishonest or deceitful...stay away from him. Cut your losses, know that it will take some time to heal, but God is there to help you through it.

Only you can determine the path through prayer. Proverbs 3:5-6

Prayers tom you as you work through this painful situation.

teach_ib

View Profile
Confused
Posted : 22 Aug, 2011 08:45 PM

I agree with BC...I think your approach was appropriate. She obviously hasn't be reading the threadsnhere that talk about etiquette for online dating sites!

teach_ib

View Profile
Guys and girls
Posted : 22 Aug, 2011 08:41 PM

I treat myself to a nice dinner out on a regular basis. I'm not going to live in seclusion or deprive myself of the niceties in life because I don't have someone to share with. I would prefer to share a meal with someone else, but that don't keep at home, especially if I would be eating there alone.

teach_ib

View Profile
Divorce and Remarriage
Posted : 21 Aug, 2011 08:04 PM

Abuse (physical, emotional) would be grounds for separation. Unfortunately, the chances of an abuser being 'cured' is very low. I believe that God would release one from the bonds of marriage for abuse.

Jesus still spoke to the woman who had been married 5 times and was living in sin.

David committed adultery, then murder, then married Bathsheba...and God considered him a man after His heart!

God didn't really intend for us to sin...but He knew we would so He had a plan of salvation. While God doesn't change, the circumstances of life do.

teach_ib

View Profile
How do you cope with loneliness?
Posted : 21 Aug, 2011 07:32 PM

We all deal with our situations differently. It doesn't matter how much you do for others or your motive for doing it or if they do/do not appreciate it, even if you're married to the perfect spouse who is praying and providing, there will be times of loneliness.

Lonely (according to Merriam Webster dictionary): being without company; cut off from others; not frequented by human beings; sad from being alone; producing a feeling of bleakness or desolation

Maybe the assumption by Kyle is the last definitiion which may lead to depression. Feeling alone is a natural phenomenon...if not dealt with properly, it can lead to depression and sense of hopelessness.

Feeling lonely is what motivates us to look for a someone whether it's for a mate, a friend, a coworker, or a social exchange.

As for some of the harsh comments, they are not appealing and not very Christ-like. I would estimate that everyone on this site suffers from loneliness...we desire the company of others, preferably like-minded people.

Ephesians 4:29 "Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers"

teach_ib

View Profile
creepy or sweet?
Posted : 21 Aug, 2011 07:05 PM

I see that on many guys profiles. I think it is 'sweet'...definitely not creepy. I definitely wouldn't want to see...I don't like to snuggle/cuddle. If it's not in a profile, I wouldn't assume that the individual doesn't like to snuggle/cuddle...many may want to wait until they're married.

teach_ib

View Profile
What you desreve
Posted : 21 Aug, 2011 06:17 PM

Amen, Archimedes,

I think you should take the statement in context...in the search for a Christian mate.

If you're a Christian, you already know you are getting more than you deserve through Christ's free gift of salvation.

Once I have been saved, I no longer deserve the death penalty...all my sins have been paid for. I've been justified...just as if I hadn't sinned.

Page : 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135