Author Thread
teach_ib

View Profile
Men in a serious relationship still on dating sites, still talking to single women (friends) they met on dating sites?
Posted : 21 Aug, 2011 06:10 PM

Expecting him to cut off all conversation with all females he knows is an unreasonable expectation. Understanding who he talks to and the types of conversations would be a more reasonable expectation.

My ex got upset (jealous) when he 'deployed' for a period of time and I met coworkers through a sports program. Then when I went to a school for 9 weeks, he became extremely jealous of the men in my seminar. Even though I talked about the women along with the men that I participated in class activities, all he focused on were the men. It so happened out of 60 students only 8-10 were femailes...so obviously I would particpate with men in the course.

Jealousy can kill a relationship...

teach_ib

View Profile
Divorce and Remarriage
Posted : 20 Aug, 2011 08:36 PM

if you married before you were saved, your spouse could choose to leave you because you now hold to Christian values. If so, you are free as if you weren't married.

1Corinthians7:15 "But if the unbelieving depart, Let him depart. A brother or sister is not under bondage in such cases; but God hath called us to peace."

What if you divorced before you were a Christian?

I would guess that those who hold too closely to the concept that God cannot forgive us for divorce...whatever the circumstances...is probably too legalistic anyways.

teach_ib

View Profile
Scars of Life
Posted : 20 Aug, 2011 08:16 PM

Good story...how true.

teach_ib

View Profile
age range
Posted : 20 Aug, 2011 08:11 PM

Sometimes the look could be based on your comments in the forum...I often look at thevprofile of people who have posted....and usually they're not in my age range. I'm sometimes curious about who writes a psot.

I've also accidentally clicked on profile when looking through who's online. I'll also click on a profile if they've looke at my profile...then they look at mine again and I can't remember if I looked at theirs...and look again.

teach_ib

View Profile
does it make any sense
Posted : 20 Aug, 2011 02:22 AM

The politicians are the ones who determine the pay and benefits...for both groups. If one could vote themselves a pay raise...they probably would.

Politicians, in general, see themselves as doing a good job...and voters reenforce that thought by contusion reelecting them.

Sad thing is many military members don't even vote...I was a voting officer on base one year...people who had served 15-20 years told me they had never voted!

teach_ib

View Profile
What you desreve
Posted : 20 Aug, 2011 01:41 AM

Mutual respect, being treated as you would want to be treated...or better.

teach_ib

View Profile
I think I might've messed up. :(
Posted : 20 Aug, 2011 01:38 AM

I suggest posting a thread to the 'former' (insert old profile name). If you had a different profile name, add that in there. Tell her how you've grown and could consider relocation, etc. Who knows, she might respond...or a friend of hers might see it and let her know.

I had a coworker who posted a personal ad in a hometown newspaper ( in the 90s) looking for his ex-fianc� from 30 years prior. She happened to read it and they eventually married...finally.

It can work...

teach_ib

View Profile
best one or best one for us
Posted : 18 Aug, 2011 09:40 PM

Thatnis our dilemma...we can wait too long, we can rush into it...timing is everything! It would be great to hear that voice say here's your answer. Too bad the Israelites decided they didn't want to hear God anymore!

teach_ib

View Profile
This is what I think
Posted : 18 Aug, 2011 09:31 PM

Sounds like you made the right decision to move out and move on. You're also right that your faith can be shaken by a lot of events...that doesn't mean you didn't have enough faith. Job had plenty of faith and a lot of bad things happened to him.

Only God knows why He allowed you to face the challenges of dealing with your mother. You may be able to use this situation to help,others. One of the men in my church had an opportunity to explain to my nephew the hard life he had growing up and how God changed him. It's hard for people to sometimes take advice from someone who never experienced similar problems.

You may never directly deal with your mother again...that is your choice and you will know the answer to that question. Forgiveness isn't about the other person, it's about you. You can forgive her for the pain she causes you without ever telling her. I went through a period in my life when I was at complete odds with my parents. I read a book "Making Peace with My Parents". It helped me to better understand how I could overcome the pain I was experiencing and actually forgive them. It took a lot of years -- but it was worth it.

teach_ib

View Profile
How do you cope with loneliness?
Posted : 18 Aug, 2011 05:47 PM

It may not be me I'm thinking of...I help a lot of people and having someone to share in the thought process of how to help would be nice. Sometimes we get too busy doing for others and not take time for self. Even Jesus took time to Himself when crowds became oppressive. We are only human...at least I know I am!

Page : 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136