Author Thread
Alligator

View Profile
Prayer is a truly remarkable Privilege
Posted : 14 May, 2019 09:53 PM

too long - no one will read that on a forum.

Alligator

View Profile
Hollywood
Posted : 14 May, 2019 02:24 PM

Some actors/actresses profess to be Christian, but then their actions speak otherwise. Such as Oprah Winfrey who says she is Christian but gives talks on her "spirit side" which has "nothing to do with religion". She separates the two. Is this the right way to think? I am not judging here... I am ASKING if you think this is right.

Alligator

View Profile
ChitChat Topic
Posted : 14 May, 2019 01:52 PM

It's a beautiful day, sunny and nice. I'd be interested to know if anyone has a favorite season. I can find something I really like in each season -- autumn, the fabulous colors of trees, winter- a Gentle snow (not blizzards) but snowflakes gently covering the landscape (like Jesus gently removing our sins if we are in his Word) spring rains (not floods that ruin homes) but rain that makes new life grow. And summer because my health is better in hot weather, kids get to play outside, and usually theres lots of flowers. What is YOUR favorite season.

Alligator

View Profile
Prayer is a truly remarkable Privilege
Posted : 14 May, 2019 01:42 PM

The power of prayer is not the result of the person praying. The power resides in the God who is being prayed to. 1 John 5:14-15 says "This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. Many people think that if they prayed but dont get what they want-- money, success, health or their house burns, or someone dies, they think God didn't hear their prayer. That's wrong. God hears all prayers, their content and passion. God answers prayers that are in agreement with His will. His answers are not always yes, but are always in OUR best interest. We need to begin to understand that.... it is God who makes the decisions.

Alligator

View Profile
Trumpland
Posted : 13 May, 2019 07:59 PM

i saw an interesting video of Uncle Joe talking against illegals in 2003 - and his new one a month ago. He has changed his views 100% on abortion, illegals, taxes, deficit, etc. in the past 15 years. In other words, he has NO viewpoints except what he thinks the Dems want to hear.

Alligator

View Profile
Four things you have plan before marriage!
Posted : 12 May, 2019 12:22 PM

These are good suggestions...i married my high school boyfriend, but we had NO conversations about finance, religion, needs, wants, goals, - just had fun. Of course that did not last, because after one is married, there are FACTS you must face. Laundry, utility bills, jobs, children, yard work, and when you dont know anything but dates and fun, real life just doesn't work. i suppose 11 years seems short to some, but to me it felt like 100 years. Think and talk before you marry.

Alligator

View Profile
God Creations Not man's
Posted : 12 May, 2019 10:43 AM

The scripture above CLEARLY states God made man and woman in His own image. I take the Bible literally. there is Man and Woman. no transgender items. It is wrong to try to become a different sex than you were born. That is Satan's work, not God's. This is Mothers Day. Your mother (female and born that way) gave birth to you. Tell your mother Thank You -- and stay away from those who are entrapped by Satan. You are male OR female and one should never attempt to overrule God.

Alligator

View Profile
ChitChat Topic
Posted : 11 May, 2019 06:30 PM

I remember taking my mom to get groceries when she could not drive anymore. Good for you Brandi. I am watching A Royals baseball game. Any sports fans out there?

Alligator

View Profile
Mother's Day Celebrating Sunday May 12 ,2019
Posted : 11 May, 2019 06:27 PM

If you have ever had a "break-up" with your mother, take tomorrow to mend it. A phone call, some flowers.... you are fortunate if your mother is alive. Honor her tomorrow and every day as OP said. do not let time pass you by and forget her. I had a great mom who died in 97 at age 92. I miss her all the time.

Alligator

View Profile
Ladies be aware
Posted : 11 May, 2019 06:02 PM

There are ways to check on a person, if they say they have a house, contact the county assessor, do a search where they live for divorces,, marriage, deaths, etc. We must be careful.

Page : 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86