Author Thread
shepherdess

View Profile
Dating a Non-Christian!!!
Posted : 23 Feb, 2011 02:40 PM

Travis, I commend you for the stand you have chosen :applause::waving::waving: seriously wonderful.

Keep in mind however, that Satan heard you too! And his purpose in life is to destroy...with that in mind, dating any unsaved girl is you setting yourself up for a fall. Friends, yes, but datiing, nope. The only reason to date, is to find a mate afterall and we are not to be joined to the unsaved...and I realise you might not mean it to happen, but you are human (and male besides! :yay:,) so really, do you think someone can't make you fall for them? Scripture specifically tells us to beware when we THINK it won't happen to us~ (1 Cor 10:12) and callls it being 'unequally yoked)

It is only natural to think we can 'win someone" to Christ, but truly we just sow the seed as you know, the rest is out of our hands. God will bless you (He promises) if you do not compromise your stand.

God bless you!

2Cor 6:14

gotta get to work! (darn it anyhow!)

shepherdess

View Profile
Dear Calvinists
Posted : 20 Feb, 2011 07:22 PM

SavedIn writes:

m fully aware that there will be many that go to hell. And you and James believe they were all created just for that. They don't get the Mercy, Grace and love of God that your believed 'elect' get. Christ' blood doesn't cover them; never did, never will. You change the nature of God with your belief. God is love. But your belief withholds God's love from the world or those who will never receive salvation. How can you share the love of God or Christ with people when your beliefs don't include His love toward all created beings? How can you tell a sinner that Christ died for them, without really knowing whether or not that person is actually an 'elect' person Christ died for? And if they are not 'elect', then you just boldfaced lied to them by saying God loves them and sent His Son to die for them. But then maybe you don't even share the Lord with people. It would be difficult knowing who is who and which person Christ died for and which is not.

Using "you" referring to me and my beliefs over a half dozen times is just what your former post accused James of! I realize it doesn't matter to you, but you are incorrect in assuming what I believe.

since this is not discussion, I'll leave ...

shepherdess

View Profile
Dear Calvinists
Posted : 20 Feb, 2011 04:56 PM

"James wrote - "Mat 22:14 For many are called, but few [are] chosen."

Are you saying the many who are called are those sinners that God created to live without ever having the benefit or offering of His Mercy?"

Come on, SavedIn, James didn't say that, the LORD Jesus Christ Himself said it! It's the Gospel.

On Limited Atonement - (one of man's terms again trying to make God fit man's logic)

For this [is] good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. For [there is] one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time. -1 Timothy 2:3-6

God desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. Jesus gave Himself as a ransom for all. Or does "all" not mean all in your Bible?

James wrote - "(Christ died for His sheep, NOT the goats.) {The goats (unbelievers) are still in their sins}"

~The Sacrifice Christ made on the cross is ALL sufficient. But not all will be saved. The verse clearly states that the Lord desires for all to be saved~and even one drop of his blood would be suffiecient, I believe, but scripture is very clear not only that many would go to hell (originally made for satan and his angels) Read about the pharoh~he is in hell, and like it or not, he was made for a purpose according to the Word. That is where we keep thinking we know what God is thinking! We are not God, our ways/thoughts not like His.

Why is it so hard to accept the things we don't "get" because we wouldn't do it that way? Why do we want to put God on our level?

(And WHY isn't there an imoticon for FRUSTRATION?)

shepherdess

View Profile
Dear Calvinists
Posted : 20 Feb, 2011 02:30 PM

To my dear handsome friends,

Can we agree that being "in Christ" comes with some responsibility toward those who are unsaved? Just because people are on here doesn't mean we assume they are truly saved and altho some (me) love reading your banter, I would hate it to be a stumbling block for someone seeking...

Please don't get me wrong, I love a good 'discussion' and am (too often) told that I am too 'intense' when it comes to the word of God, so four fingers are pointin' back at me :excited: BUT...PLAY NICE you two!

It seems you agree more than you both realize and I think the terminology is to blame (which has been mentioned before). Personally James, I think you need to get away from the world's terms, because as you present scripture, no one can disagree with that. It seems too often, we are willing to fight for a (world invented) denomination or group or whatever. I don't want to bring glory to Calvin...as a matter of fact, when I read the title of the thread I heard myself....like the chipmonks friend...yelll C- A- L -V- I- N :yay: sorry, but I did!

We need to bring glory to Christ.

Has not satan brought discord to the brethren by the slight changes in terminology? (thinking of the many "new" bibles that came about in the 70's! but that is another issue) He is subtle~from the beginning as you recall~and somethings don't change!

Thank you for all the scriptures. Thank you for your opinions. Thank you for the opportunity for each reader to take both those things and weigh them.

shepherdess

shepherdess

View Profile
PARTY TIME ! !
Posted : 14 Feb, 2011 10:56 AM

Here's hoping you have a joyful godly day~

:applause:

:applause:

shepherdess

View Profile
Interrogatories; Storyline; or Genuine Interest to Explore Relationship?
Posted : 11 Feb, 2011 11:21 AM

Cobbler is right. On this venue, it is different. It's not like standing next to her in the grocery store and casually discussing the weather. That is why the forums are good (in my opinion). I know how some people think/feel now that are really important to me, which tells me whether or not we could be great friends or more.

shepherdess

View Profile
clueless!
Posted : 11 Feb, 2011 11:18 AM

Hi Dean,

I am assuming by the way you worded your question, that you have never really met/been introduced. So, that answer is easy. Be friendly. Be careful not to be in "her personal space" til invited (just like you would be unconfortable if a girl was 'right in your face' that you didn't know) Just introduce yourself! ya gotta start somewhere!

shepherdess

View Profile
Doctrine, a Necessary Evil?
Posted : 10 Feb, 2011 09:52 PM

"Enter the modern day man who knows nothing of doctrine, yet meets Jesus and is born again. He is told his salvation is suspect because he does not adhere to certain doctrines."

I don't know about someone's salvation being suspect because of certain doctrines (cause after all, we all start out as 'babes' and -hopefully-grow, so that isn't fair of others...)

But, to take a slightly different turn here..

What do you think about someone just telling or asking someone to "accept Jesus into their heart" and not giving them ANYthing of what salvation actually means?

I saw this resently, and I was the one criticized for not being "more excited"...in actuality, my concern was because I felt that person was being led astray! Just like a child who wants to please, sometimes people will go along with someone (trying to lead them to Jesus) without really understanding 'the steps'. At least four times in Acts for example, it states that we need to repent. Well, how can one be saved if they don't really even realize they are lost??

Odear, I didn't mean to hijack this thread...I veered off Two's trail...sorry

shepherdess

View Profile
alcohol
Posted : 8 Feb, 2011 08:39 AM

"And if you had a relative, when you were little, who was always drunk, and the very smell of alcohol, brings back all those bad memories, then I would not even drink a beer around you, out of love and respect."

Then that would mean you wouldn't drink! I don't know anyone whose life has not been effected in some way by alcohol...

Just like the liberty I have in America (no political comments here!), my liberty in Christ would allow me varied things that I choose not to do.

In Thes 5:22 we are reminded to abstain from all Appearance of evil. This is a tough one...but I am gonna try to live that way. (and not because I go to a Baptist church, James, but that was a funny comment :hearts:

shepherdess

View Profile
Ask me anything you ever wanted to know about dating a Christian woman but are afraid to ask
Posted : 6 Feb, 2011 10:03 PM

I'm with you Britt...

and I think instead of the "I want" / " you want" mentality, Christians should seek God's will~in All aspects of marriage.

I also believe that most divorces (like any sin) is when "we are drawn away by our own lusts"

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10