Author Thread
Gourd00

View Profile
Adopting?
Posted : 15 Jan, 2012 07:04 PM

i would consider adopting if the situation came up for it, though probably not before i was married, as i would want the child to have both a positive male and female role model. I might actually prefer adoption to having my own child, because there are plenty of children out there who are going to die due to not having someone to help them out, so why make more people when we are already children waiting for us? I'm not bashing people who want their own children; I totally understand. But at the same time, it's not necessarily my thing.

Gourd00

View Profile
Virgin
Posted : 15 Jan, 2012 06:41 PM

Because most men aren't Christians?

Gourd00

View Profile
Sometimes you feel like giving up
Posted : 10 Jan, 2012 06:03 PM

Prayed for ya.

Gourd00

View Profile
what should I do?
Posted : 10 Jan, 2012 05:58 PM

I agree with GodsGirl23, though I will add that doing the "M" word is normal for guys.

Gourd00

View Profile
No Children
Posted : 9 Jan, 2012 09:21 PM

I don't know what my future holds, but I like the idea of women who don't want children. I would be more inclined to talk to a woman who didn't want any, because I might be old and grey before I really do want kids. There is too much good to be done in the world that can't happen if you are using a ton of time trying to meet a little one's needs. I'm fine with being childless.

Gourd00

View Profile
Need some advice...
Posted : 2 Jan, 2012 09:24 PM

I think you made the right decision pianogirl. Simply going through someone's journals and going point by point on how that person would be perfect for you is over the top, imo. Healthy people don't need to flaunt who they are, because they know if they are going to be a good match, it will happen. Also, I wouldn't ask to meet someone in person after like two emails either, because people need to be safe on the internet. Wish you well in your future endeavors.

Gourd00

View Profile
judging a book by its cover?
Posted : 12 Dec, 2011 08:56 PM

I'm not even really looking for anyone, but if i do check out a profile, i often look at things like the "wants kids" section and the denomination section first. If those don't match with what might jive with me, i might simply go on to other profiles. I do read at least some of the about me section if I'm going to message someone, and often all of it (if i'm going to message them), unless they have a really long about me.

Honestly, if guys are contacting you who didn't read your profile, they either A) aren't really Christians and are probably just looking for sex, or B) are foreigners looking for a green card or an easy marriage partner/sex. Imo.

Gourd00

View Profile
Need some advice
Posted : 9 Dec, 2011 11:53 AM

Jack Sprat could eat no fat.

His wife could eat no lean.

And so between them both, you see,

They licked the platter clean.

Gourd00

View Profile
Over-bearing Parents
Posted : 5 Dec, 2011 03:14 PM

You might also look into maybe temporary missionary work, or perhaps a Peace Corp position. I don't know much about Peace Corp, but it seems they help people in other countries. It might be enough to get you away from home, though the living conditions while helping 3rd world people might be rough. Just a thought.

Gourd00

View Profile
Over-bearing Parents
Posted : 5 Dec, 2011 03:06 PM

Sorry to hear you're going through a rough time. A lot of people don't realize that not all parents are the best of parents. But anyway, perhaps if you're lucky you could get a part-time job long enough for you to be able to go on vacation. Maybe try to find some hobby/student groups at your community college so you can spend more time with them and more time away from home. You could also perhaps talk to relatives about possibly moving in with them, or perhaps even friends you know, if they have families that really like you.

If you can avoid student loan debt though, it's always a benefit. There is no guarantee you will get a good job once you get a college degree, and if you don't, the interest on the loan just keeps racking up and giving you more debt.

Best wishes to ya though. The only other thing I can think of is to find a way to get your parents thinking that the ideas you wanted to do were their own ideas, and then they might think they were brilliant.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10