Author Thread
Gourd00

View Profile
When do you invite
Posted : 12 Mar, 2013 04:46 PM

I wouldn't invite someone to my house until I had met them at least once, preferably several times, in a public place like a restaurant first. While plenty of people seem nice, some people can turn into stalkers really quick, and so people need to be careful.

Gourd00

View Profile
are girls naive?
Posted : 12 Mar, 2013 04:38 PM

Because a lot of guys are more interested in finding sex, so they lie.

Also, there are 7 billion people in the world, expect it to take a while to find one of the ones that is good for you. Though here is a tip: the more you figure out who you are, the more you can figure out what kind of guy you need. If you have interests that are different from most people, that can help you find guys that are interested in that as well. I'm not saying you can base a whole relationship together out of both people liking photography, but it could certainly help.

Gourd00

View Profile

Most guys who are older and willing to have a relationship (or sexual partner) who is that much younger probably don't care what you think. That said, if you were like those men, you probably wouldn't care what older men thought.

I would probably think you were looking for sex if you were willing to go out with a guy who was 18.

That said, go on passing by those guys, because I agree with your judgment.

Gourd00

View Profile
Who makes first move girl or boy?
Posted : 21 Jan, 2013 04:51 PM

I can't speak for older conservative men, but I like it when a woman takes the first step. It lets me know she is interested. It also lets me know that she has a level of confidence (or might) enough to interact with random people. Though I contact women if I want to also. Imo, it should go both ways.

Gourd00

View Profile
Christian man's view on drinking?
Posted : 21 Jan, 2013 04:48 PM

The Bible doesn't say don't drink; it says don't get drunk. A glass is one thing, getting plastered is another.

That said, we can't control other people's judgements. We can influence them, but in the end, if someone is going to be shallow, they aren't worth marrying.

I would be open to marrying a woman who had a drink every now and then, but certainly not a regular drinker, even if it wasn't for the purposes of getting drunk. I don't want alcohol sitting around the house on a regular basis, and I don't plan on being a drinker myself.

Gourd00

View Profile
So what is the deal??
Posted : 25 Dec, 2012 02:26 PM

Could be that the guy is just a creeper who just wants the nice looking models around, or it could be that the guy hasn't had kids yet, or it could be that being a dad to young children allows that man to have a sense that he is worth something, because young children need him. Older children are better at taking care of themselves.

Gourd00

View Profile
Thoughts on Electronic Devices in Church
Posted : 16 Dec, 2012 12:46 PM

I don't have a problem with phones in church, as long as people aren't talking on them. Phones with bible apps are going to be getting more and more popular in church, as it can be a lot easier to find certain passages, as you only have to type them in.

As for using a phone (no verbal convo) during a sermon- I don't think it's disrespectful. Obviously the pastor didn't have anything to say that the person thought was worthwhile. If the pastor prays for a bunch of people and a lot of them don't get divinely healed, why should he expect that when he prays for his sermons, that they are going to be any better or divinely inspired? That said, the pastor isn't owed anything. His words may be useless to some people in the congregation, as they may not need that message/lesson because they already know it. If then, they want to use their phones to get something useful done during that time, I commend their efficient use of time. It's an insecure or prideful pastor that gets offended if he sees people on their phones and he gets offended.

Gourd00

View Profile
If you wink at someone, and they lview your profile and don't wink or respond...
Posted : 16 Dec, 2012 12:27 PM

If you wink at someone and they view your profile, that is only natural. People want to know who is trying to interact with them. If they don't respond back, they probably aren't interested, or you are only so-so and they don't want to message you right away.

If someone favorites you but doesn't write you, it might mean they think you are attractive and want to keep your profile in mind, or they think you are interesting after having talked to you in the chatroom and want to remember you. It doesn't really necessarily mean anything though, as there could be some bot programs or spammers that favorite people to try to get their attention.

Gourd00

View Profile
You guys confuse me...lol
Posted : 21 Nov, 2012 01:44 PM

Honestly, being a guy, I don't know what to tell you. Maybe just some guys trying to get attention? Maybe a bot program? I totally wouldn't give out your number until you know for sure that the guy is seriously interested though, as who knows what the guys might use it for. Are a large portion of these guys from outside the country?

Looking at dating sites, it's really disappointing to see our country so incapable of handling what should be one of the most basic functions in society- knowing how to start and raise a family.

Gourd00

View Profile
Have you gone through all the profiles of posibles yet?
Posted : 19 Sep, 2012 06:38 PM

There's no guarantee that "The One" will be met on this website anyway, so why would I waste every last breathe trying to find her on here? That's like saying the house needs to be spotless- by the time you clean one end, the other end will probably have a speck on it. I have stuff to do in life; "The One" will come in good time. "4 Delight yourself in YHWH and he will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10