Author Thread
Deborahe

View Profile
the little girl who saved 57 cents
Posted : 18 Jul, 2008 12:04 PM

What a Wonderful, Touching story ! Isn't God Amazing ?

Love in Christ,

Deborah

Deborahe

View Profile
CONTROL and MANIPULATION!
Posted : 18 Jul, 2008 11:55 AM

Bruce,

Thanks for keeping us informed. I haven't received such an

e-mail; but if I do, I now know what to do. I won't pass it on.

God Bless,

Deborah

:angel:

Deborahe

View Profile
King James
Posted : 18 Jul, 2008 10:06 AM

Below are a few scriptures that explain why I choose to read KJV.

Galatians 1:11,12 2 Peter 1:20,21

2 Timothy 3:16,17 2 Peter 3:15,16,17,18

Satan's been known to misuse scripture. Check out Matthew 4 or Luke 4.

There's no greater feeling than having the Spirit in me allowing me to "see" what the same Spirit in the prophets of old was saying in scripture. Divine Revelation! Doesn't get much better than that! Spiritual truths must be spiritually discerned. You can't intellectualize a spiritual truth.

Maybe I'm "old school", but as for other "versions" -- who are the translaters? Are they born again Holy Ghost filled men of GOD? or could they possibly be unbelievers? I don't know who they are but they had better be careful when translaing because: " For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, GOD shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, GOD shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. " Revelation22:18,19 Powerful Stuff!

Mama always said, "If it's not broken, why try and fix it?" KJV works for me!

Just because you have a different view doesn't make you seem less than holy. I didn't mean to offend anyone. I don't feel like I've sinned against the brethren, but if my words have wounded anyone's weak conscience, I pray they will forgive me. Didn't mean to boast, just wanted to share. I can not be ashamed of things GOD has shown me.

Susie I'm sorry this upset you so bad. No rock thrown!

GOD be with all of you.

Deborah :angel:

Deborahe

View Profile
Man vs. Woman
Posted : 17 Jul, 2008 08:23 PM

Joe,

I'll be extra careful to make sure the vitamins I take aren't

for a man------------ I hate work-boots:nahnah:

I'm waitin' for the next one:laugh::ROFL::laugh::ROFL::laugh

Deborah

Deborahe

View Profile
Hey from Vegas
Posted : 17 Jul, 2008 08:12 PM

Hi Abbey,

I'm sure your experience on this site will be a pleasant one.

Mine has been! Lots of nice people! God Bless You;

Deborah

Deborahe

View Profile
Greetings everyone
Posted : 17 Jul, 2008 08:06 PM

God Bless You Pdinky. Have a great day:dancingp:

Deborah

Deborahe

View Profile
Saying Hi
Posted : 17 Jul, 2008 08:02 PM

Hello Ned,

What part of Australia are you in? Is it very different from

the U.S.? I'm Deborah.

God Bless You

:angel:

Deborahe

View Profile
I know people are busy on here but what T.V Shows are a hit???
Posted : 17 Jul, 2008 07:52 PM

Lynda,

I've seen previews for " I Survived a Japanese Game Show",

but haven't had a chance to watch it. It does look like it

would be very funny!

Baby Borrowers and So You Think You Can Dance are pretty

popular shows in my neck of the woods.

God Bless,

Deborah

Deborahe

View Profile
Republic vs. Democracy
Posted : 17 Jul, 2008 11:04 AM

By David Barton

As a nation, Americans have grown accustomed to hearing

that we are a democracy. But did you know that such was

never the intent of our founding fathers? Our founders had an opportunity to establish a democracy in America and chose not to. In fact, the founders made it clear that we were not, and were never to become, a democracy. The form of government entrusted to us by our founders was a republic, not a democracy.

Many Americans today seem to be unable to define the difference between the two, but there is a difference-- a big difference. That diffference rests in the source of authority.

A pure democracy operates by the direct majority vote of the people. When asn issue is to be decided, the entire population votes on it and the majority wins and rules.

A republic differs in that the general population elects representatives who then pass laws to govern the nation. A democracy is the rule by majority feeling (what the founders described as a "mobocracy"). A republic is rule by law.

If the source of law for a democracy is the popular feeling of the people, then what is the source of law for the American republic? According to Founder Noah Webster: "Our citizens should early understand that the genuine source of correct republican principles is the Bible, particularly the New Testament, or the Christian religion."

The transcendent values of biblical natural law were the foundation of the American republic. Consider the stability this provides: In our republic, murder will always be a crime, for it is always a crime according to the Word of GOD. However, in a democracy, if a majority of the people decide that murder is no longer a crime, murder will no longer be a crime.

America's immutable principles of right and wrong were not based on the rapidly fluctuating feelings and emotions of the people but rather on what Montesquieu identified as the "principles that do not change."

Benjamin Rush similarly observed: "Where there is no law, there is no liberty; and nothing deserves the name of law but that which is certain and universal in its operation upon all the members of the community."

In the American republic, the "principles which did not change" and which were "certain and universal in their operation upon all the members of the community" were the principles of biblical natural law. In fact, so firmly were these principles secured in the American republic that early law books taught that government was free to set its own policy only if GOD had not ruled in an area. The founders understood that biblical values formed the basis of the republic and that the republic would be destroyed if the people's knowledge of those values should ever be lost.

A republic is the highest form of government devised by man, but it also requires the greatest amount of human care and maintenance. If neglected, it can deteriorate into a variety of lesser forms, including a democracy ( a government conducted by popular feeling); anarchy (a system in which each person determines his own rules and standards); oligarchy (a government run by a small council or a group of elite individuals); or dictatorship (a government run by a single individual). As John Adams explained: Democracy will soon degenerate into a anarchy; such an anarchy that every man will do what is right in his own eyes and no man's life or property or reputation or liberty will be secure, and every one of these will soon mold itself into a system of subordination of all the moral virtues and intellectual abilities, all the powers of wealth, beauty, wit, and science, to the wanton pleasures, the capricious will, and the execrable ( abominable) cruelty of one or a very few.

Understanding the foundation of the American republic is a vital key toward protecting it.

Deborahe

View Profile
Ministering Spirits
Posted : 17 Jul, 2008 09:40 AM

I prayed and asked the Lord to bring to my remembrance any

"angel encounter" I may have had. This, later in the day, came to mind-------- My previous home was very, very rural.

On more than one occasion I had asked God to send angels

to stand outside our home to watch over my daughters and

myself. One morning,as I stood at the sink washing dishes;

looking out my kitchen window, I saw a young man walking

in the field coming towards my house. I immediately walked

out on my front porch; yet, saw no one! I had a good view

of every direction; it was very open and I could see quite far

away; but there was no one in sight. An Angel ? I believe it

was .

Love in Christ,

:angel: Deborah

Page : 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18