Author Thread
OutOfStep

View Profile
more quotes of a christian church Jew hating father
Posted : 17 May, 2011 10:59 AM

Tinyfrog, I, too, have a touch of Jew in me(dads mom). But jews are not the same everywhere. Jews from New York are nothing close to Isrealis. And lest we forget, Jews were the fathers of some of the 1st gangs in America. This is a tricky subject, though. Religion doesn't make a race, and yet Jews try hard to do it. So how can all of you rationalize hating a religion? Impossible. God calls on us to judge other religions, and recognize the falsehoods they perpetuate. But where in the Bible does it call upon us to HATE other religions? To burn their places of worship? I missed that part. I must disagree, 2. I don't think the time period matters for contextual reasons, not when speaking for God. I understand where the jews can rationalize Gods wrath. In my book, they are 1/2 right. They just put the book down early. But Martin is calling for terrorist acts in His name. That's not cool.

OutOfStep

View Profile
Not Praying Right
Posted : 17 May, 2011 09:25 AM

2, you are a trip. So far, you are the only poster that constantly makes me laugh. Kudos! Catty, you a PK too? Its funny, every other PK I meet, most are quite the opposite; they stray from church, or at least change denominations. as for your leaders, spiritual or otherwise, God calls on them to have higher standards, and to try harder than the people they lead. I agree. Sure, they will fail somewhere in life, who doesn't? I would rather see my leader admit to God and show me how its done, rather than putting him on that pedestal, and crush my own daydreams. He's not an idol, he's human, and thus needs to confess like the rest.

OutOfStep

View Profile
Cats, Pavlov and Unlearning
Posted : 17 May, 2011 09:12 AM

I have a friend who does just this when he's upset. Maybe your cat is part lemming. Maybe he's overly dramatic. Animals have weird behaviors, you can't always break them of freaky quirks. Good luck tho, n tell your kitty I said hi!

OutOfStep

View Profile
Scars
Posted : 17 May, 2011 09:06 AM

Actually, from my experience, chicks do dig holes in ones-self. Odd, I know. Looking back, I'm not even sure why I did it. My dad was still in seminary back then, and he went on a tangent about slaves in the days of the bilble, and earings of fish? I think? Anyhoo, my youth pastor was tattoo'd from head to toe knuckles. Always said he would NEVER get pierced. I did all my own, except for my tounge; I assisted in body piercing one summer and got it done. After 28, I took them all out. As for scars, I have a longtime female friend that debates with me over this subject, so I'm bringing it to you strangers for an objective opinion.

OutOfStep

View Profile
Is it bad luck?
Posted : 17 May, 2011 08:52 AM

I hate to say it, but guys are VERY hormone driven until they get to about 28. Not all guys have God to help them stay righteous. But after the body slows down, and the metabolism stabilizes, men find it easier to think clearly. Its a deplorable fact, and one that teenage boys will struggle with until the End of Days. But as long as we are at war with our bodies, boys will continue to fail. Finding a guy that's got his life right with God at your age is hard! I don't envy you. But I promise, after awhile, we do get smarter, we wisen up, and realize how big of a jerky-jerk we have been, for the most part. Stay true, Gods got your back...

OutOfStep

View Profile
Scars
Posted : 17 May, 2011 08:30 AM

Err, no scars on my heart, yet. I guess I haven't fallen far enough/got hit hard enough/haven't eaten enough junk food yet. Surgery free(so far)! But I do have a fair ammount of scars. There's a quote I usually use with the bois, "chicks dig scars", and it got me thinking, is that true, or is it another in a long line of male self-delluding behavior? Phillosophy can only go so far before its a bald-faced lie; so, do tell, plz...

OutOfStep

View Profile
Perks of being single?
Posted : 16 May, 2011 10:25 PM

Single life is un-flippin-believable! Gone are my days wasted on frivolty. No more dating aimlessly, biding time until we break up. I can see life! I have time to stop and smell the roses. I can hang out with all my friends. No fighting EVER. No discussion of dinner! I leave when I want, I can shave when I want, I can make annoying noises for no appearant reason and not offend anyone. I don't need to shower (but I do, everyday). I can drive crazy, dance crazy, and sing loud and off key, if I wanted. I can sit where I want at church, I don't ever have to explain my jokes, and I never need to stay in. I spend more time talking to God, which is probably the biggest part, and more time reflecting on myself, my faults,and how to better myself. I have had the best time OF MY LIFE since I stopped dating crazy. I am content. The only way I will date again is if she can bring something more to my life. Because as of right now, God has blessed me with time, and I don't think there's anything better right now..

OutOfStep

View Profile
All Nighters!
Posted : 16 May, 2011 10:10 PM

As for all nighters, I've only had maybe 4 this semester, and a few days of going to my internship 6am and interpreting for 8 hours, then to the gym, then to work till 4am, then going back to my internship. I banged out all of my papers (7) in one night, and a 7 page thesis in an hour and half. Next semester is packed because I'm finally getting my AA! Sleep will be scarce, but its only 5 more months...

OutOfStep

View Profile
All Nighters!
Posted : 16 May, 2011 10:05 PM

I require 4 hours of sleep every 36. Its all natural, no caffine needed. If you need people around you to stay up, Dennys is everywhere, or Waffle House, or a Perkins, whatever you have in the area. Don't depend on the internet. I have a lot of friends who work at night with me, and we can hang out, but they aren't gonna wanna study. And they all crash out by 4 on weeknights. Sad and lonely.

OutOfStep

View Profile
Wink But No Message?
Posted : 16 May, 2011 09:59 PM

I wink because I think they are cute, but maybe their profile doesn't have enough for me to start a conversation. Try writing them a simple "hi, how's your day?" back. That's how I start my conversations with everyone. Good jumping off point. Maybe some guys are shy. The internet is not known for improving peoples real-life social skills.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9