Author Thread
OutOfStep

View Profile
The Final Straw
Posted : 15 May, 2011 06:28 PM

I got set up with a Deaf girl from Gallaudet, the local Deaf college. I am a fluent signer, so I was fine with communicating, but I don't do blind dates. My co-worker said he thought we would match perfectly. After 2 minutes into her not making any attempt to conversate, I spent dinner trying to ask her questions and regalling tales of humour, but to no avail. We were eating at this Irish restaurant in D.C. and they have THE most amazing Guiness ice cream, kinda like a creamy version of Dublin Mudslide, sans the chunks of stuff.(ice cream is Gods gift to taste buds, if it isn't in the Bible, it should be) Before ordering, I asked her if she wanted anything, she said no. When my ice cream hit the table, she took 2/3 of it to the face in one breath. On the inside, I lost my mind. I smiled through it, walked her back, stayed a gentleman. But there was no 2nd date...

OutOfStep

View Profile
High Maintenace
Posted : 15 May, 2011 06:18 PM

"High maintenance" refers to the need to spend a lot of time on one person/task/situation. Do they need a lot of reassurance? Attention? Tlc? Kid gloves? Do you need to spend time explaining things to them? Appologizing often? Are you always waiting on them? These are all good examples. Ask your average co-dependant if they are high maintenance. They will prob say no. They don't see all that need for attention as high maintenance because they are willing to do it. When these mudane chores become tedious, and we reach our limits, the other person becomes high maintenance. The term itself is the "southern way" of saying "yes, I care about this person, and I am willing to put in the time, but they tax my patience sometimes". If you didn't put up with them, you would be single. So its personal. That said, I try to be stress-free on my significant other in every relationship I have, but sometimes I can be a pain. For example, I don't like keeping plans for frivilous activities. Some people, that drives them nutts. I find people that I need to explain EVERYTHING to "high maintenance". Or people I need to alter my habits for.

OutOfStep

View Profile
Emotionz N' Stuff.
Posted : 15 May, 2011 06:01 PM

I used to vote "whatever". Now I'm a firm "yes, it is wrong to date whimsicaly". I have dated til the point that I realized that I can't marry this person. Religiously, we clashed too much. Not only did I waste my time and hers, I had perhaps missed an opportunity while I was with her, and vice-versa. If you hang out with people(dating is after you see "potential") there is nothing wrong with that. I have many people in my life that I don't see eye-to-eye with, even in my church. I can spend time with someone to see if they have potential, but I don't need to get sappy, or clingy, or anytthing else that I wouldn't do with my other friends. No rush, all in the Big Guys time...

OutOfStep

View Profile
Whats Good?
Posted : 15 May, 2011 05:52 PM

Good... err, evening! Sorry, all the foreign influence has me working my world clock overtime. I've been chatting with people almost a whole day ahead of me. How can I keep up with that?

OutOfStep

View Profile
Whats Good?
Posted : 14 May, 2011 07:29 PM

I'm Puck from Alexandria, Va. 35, and I never have needed to wait 3 days to talk about God. If I was a jerk 3 days ago, what's the difference now?

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9