Author Thread
OutOfStep

View Profile
upon request more Jew hating quotes from martin luther
Posted : 17 May, 2011 06:45 PM

I "get" most of what you are saying, and have filled in the gaps on most of it. But you say that "because that was how it was at the time" in reference to hating Jews. I'm saying its no excuse. When you offer it up as to the reasoning behind his hateful rants, you are excusing it. That was the point: "luther hates jews, here's what he said..." "But jews were bad back then!"... ok? You are not adding this as "additional information as background for this discussion". You are wording it as "but the jews were bad", as an excuse. Maybe you aren't trying to defend the ramblings of martin; I get that. Its just the scentence structure you chose can be mis-construded as an excuse. Which its not. I get it... I still don't agree with him, and I can't get behind that kind of belief. I still question his intent, and I can only assume that you do understand that as many books, by anyone other than the subject, that you read still cannot give you an acurate view as to what he REALLY meant. And it is biggoted, let's not kid ourselves. No matter how mean the jews were. Just because you did something good doesn't mean you didn't do it for all the wrong reasons.

OutOfStep

View Profile
Christian Music By Secular Bands?
Posted : 17 May, 2011 06:22 PM

A lot of music that I listen to has God as a recurring theme, and most times, the song is screaming for God to fix everything. Reminded me of a song my Young Life leader had us sing one night. "Something to Believe In" by Poison(of all people). It led into a discussion as to how people can cry out to Him, and how He's right there, and yet people can't hear Him, and why. I listen to a lot of kinds of music, and quite a lot of secular, but I always listen for the message. Sometimes, the songs I relate to the most, and feel closer to God listening to, aren't always "christian". I don't feel guilty; He's right there. I do however feel bad for the people singing it when their songs deviate from His point.

OutOfStep

View Profile
more quotes of a christian church Jew hating father
Posted : 17 May, 2011 06:07 PM

You can love and despise someone.

OutOfStep

View Profile
Burning the Koran
Posted : 17 May, 2011 06:03 PM

Burning it was an exercise in futility. You discredit your words when your actions are no better than those you rally against. I don't care about the quran;its not holy to me. And I have no problems with burning it. But WHY? Those who believe still believe. You aren't winning over the hearts of non-believers, not in the right way. That doesn't leave much for a reason. Shock value? Is this Howard Stern? 2, I agree with you. I lose my "cool" when I see people burn my flag, or my Lords book. Its a very touchy subject. But I also know that when we MERCd bin laden, I saw college kids that wouldn't have the gutts to do a mans job out in the streets partying like the radical muslims I see on Al Jazeera. The military should celebrate, but only so much. We did what had to be done, and that's all. Move on. Point is, because the "enemy" is doing it, should we?

OutOfStep

View Profile
more quotes of a christian church Jew hating father
Posted : 17 May, 2011 05:41 PM

No, my amphibious brother, I didn't think you were being foul. I knew what you meant. But the impression that all jews are the same was a little off is all. Jews have definetly had their part in being foul. And lest we forget that Israel makes some of the best handguns in the world, and why?(I smell handgun debate!) I'm just saying, not all victims...

OutOfStep

View Profile
Barack Obama
Posted : 17 May, 2011 05:34 PM

Tullip, interesting point, except the assumption is that the owner will want to expand in America, or actualy give back to his company� and not hoard. I like seeing CEOs taking paycuts with their peoples... as for Dems or Reps, I've been in Lee Atwaters house for dinner. He's not racist. Democrats can be racist; if you are white, you are making most of your decisions based on race.(senator told me that, I won't say who) All I can say is, don't buy into stereotypes. Its the devils tool, keeps us busy from doing the Lords work.

OutOfStep

View Profile
Scars
Posted : 17 May, 2011 05:22 PM

Oooo! A brainy one! Yes, Ms. Marvel, you are indeed correct; limiting oneself cuts us off from Gods will when dealing with "The One". I find it funny that people have limitations on who can message them. Seen a 32yr old I was too old to write. WOW. I've seen a lady, 52, that I wasn't old enough to write. Huh. I like reading the "About Me"s, and sometimes I want to reassure or ask more questions. That's my favorite: Ask Me!... then you aren't within the age range. As for tattoos, girl, you crazy, tattoos look cool! Though, I am immature... hmmm, curious conundrum...

OutOfStep

View Profile
Posted : 17 May, 2011 05:05 PM

Oh no, they aren't married. I think he's excommunicated, even. (Don't quote me) My ma dukes is actually on this site. She told me about it! She isn't the "arguing" type, though her family is.(lawyers and judges, Irish Catholic all) I, personaly, accept all kinds of denominations. Instead of getting hung up on the differences, I believe in celebrating the similarities.(I see jews as 1/2 right, and a necessity in the End of Days) But I try not to live blind. God gave me a brain, ALL of us a brain, and he wants to have a personal relationship with us. Sometimes, people get caught up in the worlds grudges, and who has wronged who. I can't count, so I don't keep score. God, I believe wants us to bring people to Him by example. And nuttin sez luvin like a fresh cheek... I keep this mentality when bouncing. People spit and name call and punch and kick.(I only get upset when they vomit. Gross!) But its that level head that let's me bring glory to God in even the most thankless of jobs. I merely give them the same respect that I give everyone, regardless of race, creed, or color. Until they hurt others. I dispise bullies.

OutOfStep

View Profile
Posted : 17 May, 2011 04:25 PM

Ah, that's gotta be tough... My dad complains constantly over Catholicism, as he is a pasor. Though, he was Catholic, and sang in the folk group w my mom, who continued to direct the music for 28 years. She's very laid back about things, like me. My dad is high strung... and likes to yell. Hi ma!

OutOfStep

View Profile
Posted : 17 May, 2011 04:12 PM

My family argues for kicks over religion. I'm not afraid. Means we are thinking!

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9