Author Thread
SJC1985

View Profile
Your beliefs on Pre, Mid or post tribulation?
Posted : 25 Aug, 2008 07:52 PM

Well, I think that Satan is trying to keep me quiet on this!! I have been under the preaching of many pastors during my lifetime about the tribulation. Based on the information that I heard from them, all Christians, alive and those buried, will be raptured at the time that Christ returns for his "bride". There will still be a chance of becoming a Christian for those who are left on the earth, but it will be very difficult for this to happen. During this tribulation period, those who do not go along with the only way of buying and selling (taking the "mark of the beast") will be killed - but they will go to heaven. In "Post Tribulation", I have been taught that Christ will set up His kingdom and reign for 1,000 years - Satan will be bound and not have any power and be sent to hell.

I'm a firm believer that God will not put us through the tribulation (those of us who are Christian).

SJC 1985 :glow:

SJC1985

View Profile
FAVORITE SONG LYRIC'S
Posted : 24 Aug, 2008 08:24 PM

Hedgedweller,

Are the "December radio" songs the ones played for Christmas? What is your favorite Christian Christmas song, and what is your favorite secular Christmas song?

I love most of the Christian and traditional secular music.

Jeanette (SJC1985) :glow:

SJC1985

View Profile
ask a guy
Posted : 24 Aug, 2008 08:07 PM

Why do some guys say on their profiles that they might possibly move, and then respond to a lady's comments with something like, "Well, if we were closer, a relationship might work out"???!!!

SJC1985 :glow:

SJC1985

View Profile
Sex Before Marriage? Not for the Christian!
Posted : 23 Aug, 2008 04:11 PM

I have talked with / written to some men who made it pretty clear that their former relationship included sleeping with a person. That totally goes against what God expects a Christian to do!!! These men came from this CDFF site!!! I want a man who, even if married before, to show self-control. God forbid that I allow a man to "take me to bed" as a part of our relationship!! Saving ourselves for the one who God chooses for us is going to help us trust our mates, and they, in turn, will be able to trust us more. It has been proven that if a person is promiscuous before marriage, it will carry over into the marriage.

I may be waiting a long time for God's choice; maybe God is helping me to become stronger in the self-control physical part!

SJC1985

View Profile
Devine Interventions,
Posted : 23 Aug, 2008 11:14 AM

Hedgedweller,

That was a great example of what God can do through us! God certainly has a wonderful sense of humor, too!!! I'm sure that you were at the right place at the right time! God's timing is perfect!!

So, has that man improved any? I would be surprised if he hasn't. You can have a sense of peace knowing that you did what God wanted you to do. As you already know, it's up to the individual as to whether or not he/she responds in a positive way to what God is doing.

Thanks for sharing this with us. As usual, it brought some laughter, too!!!:ROFL:

SJC1985

View Profile
"Personal Bill of Rights" (Anonymous)
Posted : 22 Aug, 2008 07:07 PM

( I have posted these on my refrigerator in order to read them every day!)

1. I have the right to ask for what I want.

2. I have the right to say no to requests or demands I can't meet.

3. I have the right to express all of my feelings, positive or negative.

4. I have the right to change my mind.

5. I have the right to make mistakes and not have to be perfect.

6. I have the right to follow my own values and standards.

7. I have the right to say no to anything when I feel I am not ready, it is unsafe, or it violates my values.

8. I have the right to determine my own priorities.

9. I have the right not to be responsible for others' behavior, actions, feelings, or problems.

10. I have the right to expect honesty from others.

11. I have the right to be angry at someone I love.

12. I have the right to be uniquely myself.

13. I have the right to feel scared and say "I'm afraid."

14. I have the right to say, "I don't know."

15. I have the right not to give excuses or reasons for my behavior.

16. I have the right to make decisions based on my feelings.

17. I have the right to my own needs for personal space and time.

18. I have the right to be playful and frivolous.

19. I have the right to be healthier than those around me.

20. I have the right to be in a nonabusive environment.

21. I have the right to make friends and be comfortable around people.

22. I have the right to change and grow.

23. I have the right to have my needs and wants respected by others.

24. I have the right to be treated with dignity and respect.

25. I have the right to be happy.

These were given to me by a Christian counselor when I was going through divorce.

(SJC 1985) :glow:

SJC1985

View Profile
What women really want
Posted : 22 Aug, 2008 06:32 PM

starr023,

Where does "starr" come from? That's my first name!!!

Starr Jeanette (SJC1985) :glow:

SJC1985

View Profile
What women really want
Posted : 22 Aug, 2008 06:29 PM

I grew up poor, got a college education with God's provision of all money needed, taught school with little pay, am now disabled with no income -- but, money is not what is important in life. I have been happiest when I was doing God's will. I am trusting God to send me someone who can love me the way that I need to be loved. I believe that He is preparing the heart of the man He has chosen for me to love in the way that the man needs to be loved. Even though it seems like forever, I'm still trusting God, and I am willing to wait as long as it takes for His chosen man to find me and love me for the rest of my life. I know that I can't go wrong if I wait on God. (I didn't wait on God for the last 2 men I married. I don't believe that they were God's choice for me - they could not have been Christians based on the physical and psychological abuse they put me through.)

A loving Christian man, rich or poor, who desires to put God first and lives for Him and obeys Him in the way that God desires is the man for me. My prayer is: "God, I'm hoping that You will send your choice for me ASAP!!!"

SJC1985

View Profile
CENTER STAGE....YOU'RE ON !!! (POETRY) (SONGS)
Posted : 22 Aug, 2008 02:41 PM

Bruce,

Thanks for sharing that; I really have been battling Satan for several days now. Your poem helped me to remember that I'm not alone even when I am feeling beaten down by Satan's lies.

May God help us to keep Him in the forefront of our minds and keep His armor on at all times! If I were a poet, I could have made this rhyme! But, not all poetry rhymes!!!

SJC1985

View Profile
Aliens
Posted : 21 Aug, 2008 09:10 AM

Your sense of humor amazes me!!! I guess any human has at least a little devil in him/her! There are days that I would qualify for the part!!!:ROFL: I know an ex- sister-in-law who would be perfect for the part!!!:ROFL::ROFL: I no longer speak to her, but maybe you could ask her if she is ready for Hollywood!!!:ROFL:

Good idea?!!! I'll try to give you her phone #!!! :ROFL:

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10