Author Thread
SJC1985

View Profile
GO USA OLIMYPICS !!!!!!!!
Posted : 11 Aug, 2008 02:52 AM

How many predictions can we make?!!!:ROFL::ROFL:

As of today, I think that the USA will be 3rd in overall and 3rd in gold medals.

SJC1985 :glow:

SJC1985

View Profile
Once Saved
Posted : 11 Aug, 2008 02:45 AM

Just because people are members of a church they are not necessarily true Christians.I have heard pastors say, "Just as being in a garage does not make you an automobile."

I have an adopted son, and he is currently living in sin. I WILL NOT SAY THAT HE IS NO LONGER MY SON BECAUSE OF HIS SIN. That is the way it is with us. GOD WILL NEVER FORSAKE US WHEN WE SIN; HE WILL ALWAYS LOVE US. HE KNOWS THAT WE WILL NEVER BE PERFECT. SIN IS SIN - WE ARE ALL LOOKED UPON BY GOD AS BEING ON THE SAME LEVEL - HE LOVES THE MURDERER WHO IS SAVED JUST AS MUCH AS HE LOVES A CHRISTIAN WHO HAS LIVED MOST OF HIS /HER LIFE FOR HIM. WE (CHRISTIANS) ARE ADOPTED INTO GOD'S KINGDOM. GOD WILL NEVER TURN HIS BACK ON US!

Love in Christ,

SJC1985

View Profile
Lust or Love?
Posted : 11 Aug, 2008 02:01 AM

Hedgedweller,

Why do YOU think Song of Solomon is in the Bible?

SJC1985

View Profile
Recovering from an affair?
Posted : 10 Aug, 2008 06:08 PM

Hedgedweller,

What do you think? We'd like to know how you feel about this.

Love in Christ,

SJC1985

View Profile
Grown men crying! Is that normal?
Posted : 9 Aug, 2008 08:05 PM

I think that it is normal for a grown man to cry over things that have really hurt him. I've wondered many times why grown sons do not cry at their mother's funeral (my brothers didn't).

If a grown man were to cry because of a very trivial thing, such as spilling something on the carpet, then I would be concerned!!!

After teaching children of all ages, I would say that many of them need to be encouraged to cry in order to help in a grieving process. They need to know that it's a normal thing to cry over major things that have happened.

My pastor breaks down and cries when he's preaching about God's love and other things that humble him. I admire him for that. It really touches my heart so that God can speak to me through him.

SJC1985

View Profile
Once Saved
Posted : 9 Aug, 2008 07:23 PM

I have been a Christian for 40 years in a Baptist church. "Once saved always saved" is one major difference in the Baptist denomination. I have been taught all of my life that being saved means to PUT GOD FIRST IN YOUR LIFE - ALLOWING GOD TO BE LORD OF YOUR LIFE. A LOT OF PEOPLE THINK THAT THEY ARE SAVED IF THEY GO DOWN TO JOIN A CHURCH, DO WHAT IS RIGHT, ETC..

***BEING TRULY SAVED IS THE KEY TO THE BELIEF OF "ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED".

Some people feel that this belief gives people freedom to do whatever they want to do. These people who think this are not truly saved. All Christians mess up (sin) every day. I am getting older & my memory is not as clear. What if I forget to ask forgiveness for something I did wrong during the day? Would I go to hell if I forgot to ask forgiveness?!

ONCE WE ARE SAVED - TRULY REPENTANT AND TOTALLY GIVING OUR LIVES TO GOD - WE ARE A PART OF GOD'S ROYAL FAMILY. HE WILL NEVER FORSAKE US WHO ARE SAVED (Hebrews 13:5).

I CAN GO TO SLEEP EVERY NIGHT KNOWING THAT GOD HAS SAVED ME, SINCE I ACCEPTED HIS SON AS MY SAVIOUR. JESUS DIED TO WASH AWAY OUR PAST, PRESENT, AND FUTURE SINS.

There is going to be a judgment in heaven about our sins; some Christians will have earned more rewards than other Christians. We will have to give an account of what we did with our lives. GOD WILL NOT THROW US OUT OF HEAVEN!

SJC1985

View Profile
Beautiful But Eery!China as a new age USA!
Posted : 9 Aug, 2008 06:28 PM

The opening ceremonies were very extravagant - a huge waste of money!!! $30K on the fireworks alone!!! It's almost as if they are trying to prove that they are the biggest and best country in the world. Is it by chance that one of the US coaches was killed along with 2 other Americans?!

I admit that I have failed to pray for the safety of our country and others who are involved with these Olympics. I really enjoy watching most of the events; I will definitely be in prayer for the entire Olympic events.

SJC1985

View Profile
Lust or Love?
Posted : 9 Aug, 2008 06:01 PM

So, why do you think that it's in the Bible?!

SJC 1985 :glow:

SJC1985

View Profile
Lust or Love?
Posted : 9 Aug, 2008 05:56 PM

I believe that the book Song of Solomon was put into the Bible for a married couple to study together. It helps their intimacy to grow stronger; they appreciate each other more. I also believe that God wants this to be a model of a Christian marriage - a way to keep the "fire burning" in both husband and wife.

I don't think that this book in the Bible is for single men to read, since it could cause him to lust.

SJC1985

View Profile
I'm Just Fine...(are they?)
Posted : 5 Aug, 2008 08:30 PM

I believe that divorce is a sin, even though I have been divorced twice. After much prayer and reading Scripture, I have concluded that since I did my part in keeping the marriage vows, God understands that I did all that I could possibly do. IT TAKES BOTH HUSBAND AND WIFE WORKING HARD TO FOLLOW GOD'S WILL IN THEIR RELATIONSHIP IN ORDER TO STAY TOGETHER.

As for me, I am at the point in my life where I realize that I need a companion and help-mate. I am praying that God will place someone in my path who can and will love me the way that I need to be loved.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10