Author Thread
SJC1985

View Profile
Dont keep me alive, I wont stand for it.
Posted : 21 Jun, 2008 01:36 PM

Hedgedweller,

You have a great sense of humor:stop: I loved the part about the bed pan!!!

I hope that I will be placed in a good nursing home instead of being a burden on anyone in my family.

I HAVE ALREADY MADE IT CLEAR TO MY FAMILY THAT I DO NOT WANT TO BE KEPT ALIVE BY MACHINES! I DO HAVE "ORGAN DONOR" ON MY DRIVER'S LICENSE, SO THAT HOPEFULLY I CAN HELP SOMEONE LIVE.

I don't want to be cremated! I know that our bodies go back to dust, but the thought of being burned up really bothers me! I realize that I wouldn't know anything about it, but I want to give my friends and family one last look at me in order to help with closure. How's that for an excuse?!

SJC1985

SJC1985

View Profile
Creation Festival East
Posted : 21 Jun, 2008 01:13 PM

When and where is the Creation Festival East?

SJC1985

View Profile
Why is good for women and men judge
Posted : 21 Jun, 2008 01:07 PM

I have learned through past experiences in my life that Christians need to judge ones who they are interested in! I wish that I had judged the last 2 men I was married to:stop: God is the ultimate judge, but I believe that He wants us to look for Christian qualities (fruits of the Spirit) in those we are interested in. If very few or none of the fruits are apparent, then we need to find someone else who does have the qualities. We need to date the person long enough to see him/her demonstrate the Christian Fruits of the Spirit:

Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self-Control.:angel:

SJC1985

SJC1985

View Profile
The Bible.
Posted : 19 Jun, 2008 07:07 AM

YES!!!

I believe that the entire Bible is the inerrent, infallible Word of God. :glow:

SJC1985

SJC1985

View Profile
BROKEN HEARTS
Posted : 17 Jun, 2008 01:47 PM

I loved the poems, Bruce.

There are many things that can break our hearts: divorce; child rebellion; death of a parent, child, spouse, friend; loss of good health; loss of a career/job; loved ones saying hurtful things; watching a loved one suffer from cancer or other disease; a familly member who chooses not to accept Jesus as Savior; soldiers leaving home to fight in the war; someone sexually, physically, or psychologically abused; a pastor or other church leader judging divorced people and not allowing them to serve in the church; a church leader "falling from grace" with adultery or other sin.

I KNOW FROM MY OWN EXPERIENCES THAT GOD DOES CARRY US THROUGH ALL OF OUR HEARTACHES. HE HEALS OUR BROKEN HEARTS AS WE DRAW CLOSER TO HIM.:applause:

SJC1985:applause:

SJC1985

View Profile
Do you believe in the gifts of the spirit?
Posted : 17 Jun, 2008 12:38 PM

Yes, and I believe that if we do not use our gifts for God that He will take them away. Anyone agree?!

SJC1985

SJC1985

View Profile
Who will we know in heaven?
Posted : 16 Jun, 2008 12:09 PM

WE WILL DEFINATELY KNOW JESUS:stop::stop:

The Bible tells us that we will know fully, even as we are fully known. (ICorinthians 13:12) Even though we will have new bodies, we will still know everyone we have known in our lives. I am excited about seeing my baby that I carried for 6 to 8 weeks before a tubal pregnancy that ruptured! I could feel and know the life that had begun in me, and I grieved for several years over the loss of my son/daughter. God helped to fill the deep void by allowing me to adopt my son ,who was saved at the age of 12 . I WILL KNOW HIM IN HEAVEN! I grew up Southern Baptist and became a Christian when I was eleven years old. One belief I have is that if a child has not reached the "age of accountability"*, he/she (born; unborn; special needs children) will go to heaven.:applause:

Will I know all three of my husbands, IF the last two are saved? My first husband and I married during my first year in college, and he was diagnosed with an unusually fast kind of Multiple Sclerosis during my last year at Radford University. I taught 2 years before he died at the age of 25. He definately was a Christian, because he said that even if Satan would give him back his good health, he would not follow him. SO, I WILL , WITHOUT QUESTION, KNOW HIM! According to Matthew 22: 28-30, there is no marriage in heaven; so I WON'T HAVE TO BE MARRIED TO MY LAST 2 HUSBANDS! In Revelation 21:4 we are told that there will be "...no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying,neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."(NIV)

THERE WILL BE NO MORE PAIN FROM DIVORCE:stop:

As far as the Bible characters, I believe that God will help us to know who they are.

*Age at which a child understands what it means to be a Christian and making Christ the Lord of their lives.

SJC1985

View Profile
Honor Thy Father and Thy Mother
Posted : 13 Jun, 2008 12:26 PM

:ROFL:

I loved your humor in this one! I'm still searching for the one that you wanted me to look for on God's audible voice.

SJC1985

P.S.: Sandy and I finally made it to Connecticut, and we have checked in to this fancy motel she chose. I was happy that it has computers with internet for guests!

I called yesterday, while Sandy was driving, and made a reservation for a Rodeway Inn in PA, mainly because of the price!(I picked up one of the coupon books at the PA Welcome Center!)

Needless to say, we were happy to get some rest and get out of the "get what you pay for" motel! I've learned a lesson to never reserve a room without seeing it first, especiallly if it is cheap!

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10