Author Thread
SJC1985

View Profile
please tell me what this scripture means???
Posted : 31 Jul, 2008 06:55 PM

Did you get a chance to read my answer? Do you agree? Any new thoughts that you have in addition to mine?

:glow:

SJC1985

View Profile
Should you tell your wife when another woman makes a pass at you?
Posted : 31 Jul, 2008 06:50 PM

I strongly support James Dobson in most, if not all, of his comments and counsel. He is definitely one to look to for wisdom. Thanks for sharing Mr. Dobson's comments.

Jeanette :glow:

SJC1985

View Profile
Does any one have suggestions on how to be a single parent and have time to even think about finding your sould mate?
Posted : 31 Jul, 2008 06:37 PM

I was a single mom for a 2 yr.-old son, and as he got older, I found that God worked out time for me to seek His will. As a single parent for 10 years, I took advantage of the time that he spent with his dad to work on things/people I was interested in. I prayed for 10 years that God would send me a good Christian man who would be a good Christian influence on him.

I LEARNED THE HARD WAY THAT I SHOULD HAVE LET - GOD - SEND HIM TO ME INSTEAD OF- MY LOOKING - FOR THE BEST HUSBAND AND FATHER.

I was blessed in so many ways during the 10 years when it was just my son and me. Enjoy every minute that you have with your child/children. Money could never buy the happiness that I shared with my son during those years.

My son is now 23, I am divorced, and I get so lonely. I just recently have learned what it's like to apply "Tough Love". I had to make him move out of my apt., and I had to take his vehicle away from him due to his not working hard enough to get a job. It has taken so long for me to realize that I have been giving him too much and therefore,have been enabling him to depend on others to pay his "way through life". With God's help, I know that my son will grow up and take more responsibility for his choices. I pray every day that he will realize that he needs God in His life.

SJC1985

View Profile
Plastic Rose's!
Posted : 30 Jul, 2008 08:46 PM

Why did you say that you "...messed up by staying up all night?' If you were preparing a sermon or doing anything else that was important, your wife should understand, with no apology needed.

In case you missed the question I had about the first part of your forum on roses, here it is: "Would you want to be married to that one person for eternity in heaven?"

Jeanette :glow:

SJC1985

View Profile
Plastic Rose's!
Posted : 30 Jul, 2008 06:21 PM

I have a question about your wanting to be a couple in heaven. Would you want to be married to that person in heaven? For all eternity? For some reason, God says there will be no marriage in heaven. Wonder why???

SJC1985

View Profile
Is he/she the right one for me???
Posted : 30 Jul, 2008 06:05 PM

Based on personal experience, I believe that I have one thing that will let you know if you are going to marry the right one! When a guy I was dating insisted on getting married, I began to pray and ask God to show me how he truly was. Within the next couple of days, I began to see several things about him that I did not approve of at all. I broke off our relationship by telling him about my prayer. He stalked me for several weeks, but God kept me safe. I WAS SO THANKFUL THAT I ALLOWED GOD TO SHOW ME HOW HE TRULY WAS!

IT IS SO HARD TO LET GO OF A RELATIONSHIP, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU THINK THAT YOU WILL BE ALONE AGAIN! BETTER TO BE ALONE FOR AWHILE THAN BE WITH SOMEONE WHO IS NOT GOD'S CHOICE FOR YOU FOR A LONG TIME! :glow:

SJC1985

View Profile
Cherokee Faith Story
Posted : 30 Jul, 2008 05:42 PM

This is a great story of how God is always with us. There have been so many times in my life when I felt so alone; it was then that God's peace came to me. Whenever I am lonely, all I have to do is start talking to God. He takes over my thinking and gets my mind on something/someone else.

SJC1985 :glow:

SJC1985

View Profile
Should or do you tell your husband when another man makes a pass at you?
Posted : 29 Jul, 2008 07:05 PM

I gave my answer; I am very interested in what you think!

SJC1985

View Profile
Should you tell your wife when another woman makes a pass at you?
Posted : 29 Jul, 2008 06:57 PM

Yes, you should tell her. This should help to keep trust in your marriage. I would want to know if a woman makes a pass at my husband; I might even go to her and tell her to stay away from him! I believe in open and honest communication.

SJC1985

View Profile
When was the last time you asked God "What can i do for you"
Posted : 29 Jul, 2008 06:46 PM

The last time that I asked God, "What can I do for you?" was last Sunday night in church. I am presently waiting on disability, and I am no longer able to teach in a Christian school, where I taught Kindergarten for 9 years. It was a great experience seeing the young children "soaking up" the Bible lesson each morning and learning how God can be in all subjects all throughout the day.

I do get to teach Vacation Bible School in church, but I'm not sure yet if I will be asked to teach Sunday School. I have told the church that I am interested in teaching.

There have been many days lately when I feel that God is planning something great for my future. I just need to stay close to Him and keep asking what I can do for Him. PRAYING AND READING THE BIBLE DAILY WILL HELP ME TO KNOW HIS PERFECT WILL FOR EACH DAY OF MY LIFE.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10