Author Thread
SJC1985

View Profile
The blame game at Columbine HS
Posted : 7 Jul, 2008 04:58 PM

Great poem! It could also apply to the shooting at Virginia Tech, where one student shot and killed 31 in April, 2007 before killing himself.

May God help parents and friends of those who were killed for no reason! May God help the parents of the student who killed the students and professors.

SJC1985 :glow:

SJC1985

View Profile
What about the age limit?
Posted : 6 Jul, 2008 06:52 PM

I just turned 51 on the 4th of July, and I was shocked to see that almost half of the middle age men have 50 as the age limit! The computer system will not even allow me to send a wink to someone who has 50 as the age limit!

I feel and look better at 51 than I did when I turned 50!!!

SJC1985

View Profile
The attack of the Chiggers...
Posted : 6 Jul, 2008 06:30 PM

Hi!

I used to get a lot of chigger bites growing up. The "Queen Anne's Lace" wildflowers are white and they always had chiggers on them when I was young. The chigger is small and black and is usually easy to see on this white wildflower. Hope this helps!

SJC 1985 :glow:

SJC1985

View Profile
Hello out there!
Posted : 6 Jul, 2008 06:18 PM

Hi!

I'm Jeanette from Southwest VA! I am always surprised when I see profiles of men who are from the Eastern U.S.!

I love to travel, and I do believe that maybe I can visit someone who might be able to meet half way!

Jeanette:glow:

SJC1985

View Profile
Hello from Raymon
Posted : 6 Jul, 2008 06:05 PM

Hi Raymon!

Just want to let you know that when I became a Christian, God helped me to become a teacher and has carried me through so much! It's my prayer that you will, if you haven't already, accept Jesus as Savior and live for Him. He is an awesome God and He is alive up in heaven, where we can live eternally with Him.

SJC1985

View Profile
Long Distance Relatiosnhips?
Posted : 6 Jul, 2008 05:52 PM

I believe that long distance relationships can work, especially if God is in the center of it. A friend of mine met someone on a Christian site, who lived in Canada, and she ended up marrying him and moving to Canada! Last time that she came back to VA, she said that she is very happy!

SJC1985

View Profile
Broken by life,,,
Posted : 30 Jun, 2008 04:20 PM

Those are beautiful words that are certainly glorifying God.

SJC1985

SJC1985

View Profile
A DATE TO REMEMBER!!!
Posted : 24 Jun, 2008 01:28 AM

When I was dating my high school sweetheart, I went to his parents' house in the country close to the Blue Ridge Parkway. His mom told me to be careful when I went to their "Outdoor John", because one of the boards had cracked. I was very careful until I had to go back in and put the lid down. My left foot broke the flooring, and my leg went way down!!! I began to scream as loudly as I could, "Help me!" until someone finally figured out where the noise was coming from! I was so sick to my stomach, and I began to cry and cry and cry, while my boyfriend sprayed my leg with the water hose. His father made a joke about it later, saying that I tried to flush their "Outdoor John"! :yay:

SJC1985

View Profile
A Conversation with God
Posted : 24 Jun, 2008 01:13 AM

I prayed the following prayer after being a single mom for ten years an finally dating someone:

Dear God,

You know the best for me, and I want your will to be done about this guy who has mentioned several times about marrying me. I don't want to make another mistake and end up in another divorce. I pray that you will show me how he truly is, so that I won't be fooled again. I want your will to be done.

In Jesus'name I pray,

Amen

Two days later, God opened my eyes and let me see the truth about the guy who wanted me to marry him. I could see many things that we did not agree on, and I knew in my heart that he was not the one for me. I broke off the relationship, which was something that I had never done before. SO, IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT WE ASK GOD TO SHOW US HOW A PERSON TRULY IS BEFORE TAKING A STEP TOWARDS ANOTHER DATE OR MARRIAGE!

SJC1985

SJC1985

View Profile
He descended,futher,rose,descended,ascended,and coming
Posted : 21 Jun, 2008 01:56 PM

Hedgedweller,

I have never read or heard about Jesus going to hell to preach to the unbelievers. Is that some type of figurative language that represents something that Jesus did?

SJC1985

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10