Author Thread
SJC1985

View Profile
please tell me what this scripture means???
Posted : 3 Aug, 2008 07:08 PM

:glow: You have brought that scripture to life for me and others! It is so exciting to know that God has given us the power through the Holy Spirit that is the same power that brought Jesus back to life! When I get really down, as I have been this past week, it is a great help to me for someone with a gift like yours to bring such words of encouragement. "I CAN do all things through Christ which strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

I thank God for you and for your sharing the scripture.

Love in Christ,

Jeanette :glow:

SJC1985

View Profile
Our next President, is it important to you?
Posted : 3 Aug, 2008 12:16 PM

The prayer site that I spoke of yesterday is :

[email protected]

SJC1985:glow:

SJC1985

View Profile
GOD lives under the bed
Posted : 2 Aug, 2008 09:09 PM

That's great to see someone with that much faith! At least 2 people in my church are "slow", but they show so much love and faithfulness. One is a man named "Terry" who hurries around to hug as many people as he can when everyone is shaking hands. He hugs and tells a story, even when the prayer is starting! Another is "Kathy" who insists that I find every verse in her Bible when the pastor mentions one. She also speaks up with "Amen" and "I know my mama and daddy are in heaven and I'm going to be with them again." They share more love than 1/3 of the church members!

May we as Christians share God's love like they do and not worry about things that make us so unhappy. (They seem to be happy all of the time!)

Thanks for sharing,

SJC1985 :glow:

SJC1985

View Profile
Dont keep me alive, I wont stand for it.
Posted : 2 Aug, 2008 06:21 PM

Bruce,

Your sense of humor is out of this world!!!!:ROFL:

I needed to read all this funny "stuff"!!! It's better than t.v. comedy any day!!!

SJC1985

View Profile
Dont keep me alive, I wont stand for it.
Posted : 2 Aug, 2008 06:17 PM

Tomie(sp.), that was so funny about your ex. being tied to Hedgedweller! :ROFL:

I finally completed my "Living Will"*, which includes: No machines to keep me alive if there is no quality of life left (EX. brain dead - even though it's almost dead now! ):ROFL:

NO CREMATION - EVEN THOUGH I WOULD NOT KNOW IT, I HATE THE THOUGHTS OF CREMATING!!!

*A "Living Will" really does help, especially if it is in writing. My first husband told me that he was tired of suffering; therefore, it was an easy decision for me when his doctor told me that I had to decide whether to keep him on machines or not when he went into cardiac arrest. One of my brothers had a heart attack and a stroke at the same time(caused by alcoholism), and the doctor said that if he lived, there would be no quality of life. He was kept alive until all of my brothers and sisters discussed his case. It was decided to take him off the machines and to take the feeding tube out. It took him 3 or 4 days to die; I was miserable thinking that he was starving. (The doctor said that they do not starve to death without the feeding tube.)

I do not want to be a burden on anyone. Put me in a nursing home before spending every day trying to take care of me! Let me drive the nurses crazy instead of my family!!!

SJC1985

View Profile
CONTROL and MANIPULATION!
Posted : 2 Aug, 2008 05:55 PM

Bruce,

Thank you for calling our attention to that type of email. I have family and friends who send those; I read them and then delete them.

I will have to be honest and say that I had never thought of it as witchcraft, but now I see how it can be that.

PLEASE REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE TODAY, IF YOU WANT MY SUPPORT !!! LOL! :ROFL:

SJC1985

View Profile
Our next President, is it important to you?
Posted : 2 Aug, 2008 05:44 PM

Yes, this election is a very important one, and all Christians need to be praying in advance for the election. I'm not bragging, but I signed up to pray for the election over the internet site: "40 Days to Pray the Vote". It keeps on going after 40 days; it gives a Bible verse to meditate on and then it has a "sample prayer" that helps me to stay focused. Let me know if you are interested, give me your email address, and I will gladly forward it to you.

May God continue to pour out His mercy on our country. That is the only way that we are going to survive! There are so many people who claim to be Christian, but they are far from it. We need to be in prayer that God will work on all of their hearts and also on our hearts, so that the best leader can be elected.

SJC1985

View Profile
Introduce yourself and relate how did you accept Christ as your Personal Lord and Savior!
Posted : 2 Aug, 2008 05:25 PM

Hi!

I'm Jeanette, and I grew up going to a mission that had been started by the First Baptist Church in the small city where I was born and raised. One of my older sisters kept me interested in going to Sunday School. I'll have to be honest and say that, before I was saved, I did not want to hear a sermon; but my mother made another sister (close to my age) and me sit still through the morning and evening sermons.

As God began to convict my heart, a revival was held at our church (mission). The evangelist was close to 100 years old, and he preached "hell fire and damnation"! God was dealing strongly with my heart during an invitation, and the evangelist, Rev. Aker, came over to me! He asked me if I was ready to be saved. I finally surrendered my life to God, prayed for forgiveness, and was baptized with several others who were saved during the revival.

I'm thankful that my salvation was not totally based on doing something to avoid hell! I had been taught as a young child about God's love and forgiveness and about His plan for my life. SJC1985 :glow:

SJC1985

View Profile
please tell me what this scripture means???
Posted : 2 Aug, 2008 04:38 PM

Wow, Bruce!:applause:

You are certainly into God's word, and you explain it so

well ! I just got a "little smidgeon" compared to what you got from that Scripture!

God has really blessed you with clarity of mind about the words in the Bible. Thank you for sharing the information with us!

Love in Christ,

SJC1985

View Profile
Submission.
Posted : 2 Aug, 2008 04:03 PM

I have been a Christian for 40 years, and I was raised in a Baptist church. The part of the Bible that talks about wives submitting themselves to their husbands stresses the importance of the husbands loving their wives jast as Jesus loves the church. In turn, the wives will be able to submit to the leadership that the husband has in the home.

God definitely does not expect us to be doormats. If we are being treated that way by our husbands, then God does not hold us accountable if we do not submit to them.

SJC1985:glow::glow:

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10