Author Thread
SusieQ8

View Profile
Types, Robin Hood, The Conte of Monte Christo, Pooh, Tigger, etc..
Posted : 17 Aug, 2008 07:46 AM

I am going to do this in order of desire: David, Isaiah, Peter, and Paul or Paul and Peter.

David: 50%Worshipper, warrior, king, a man after God's own heart. I think he'd love me.

Isaiah: 25% a prophet, a seer, lip touched by a coal of God, called to prophesy so much about our LORD Jesus and not as out there as Ezekiel I think he'd understand me.

Peter: 15% down to earth, courageous, fisher of man, he was sifted by Satan made mistakes and was called to comfort, feed, and restore others. I think he'd understand me.

Paul: 10% would mostly be last, his religious zeal and past jewish leadership might be scary at times if he is walking in the flesh, really Pharisee of the pharisees; and if (when) I step out of line by questioning or humbly speaking correction

(and we all know now, I will speak, in love,

but I will speak, even though I don't want to,

but I will speak because it burns in me like a fire for my LORD

and love and godly fear for my brethern to exhort,

encourage, instruct, and correct:

If you could only see my head hanging low at the truth about me;

truly, just like Elijah and Jonah I have run;

I have spent time not studying and avoiding the Word, so, it can't dwell in me but it does anyway;

Other times, I have been purposely bad to shake this attribute yet, sadly for me it remains.)

Kaboom with the rocks of accusations and insults. Yet, I know, regardless of this weakness, I am called to RESPECT and love him. If he had chosen to marry, I think he'd need me.

:hearts::prayingf:

Susan

SusieQ8

View Profile
Movie Lovers....!
Posted : 16 Aug, 2008 09:10 PM

As a Christian: "Matthew" it is word for word scripture, I believe NIV. But Bruce Marichuso (sp) portrays Jesus with the full range of emotions including humor. I have seen a lot of films portraying Jesus: some tall, some blond, some scarily stoic and religious but this movie portrays the Jesus I imagined and could follow. :prayingf:

As an other it has always been, "Sound of Music" but I think I am Captain Von Trapp w/8 children.:ROFL:

Susan

SusieQ8

View Profile
Posted : 16 Aug, 2008 08:19 PM

Wait, I can't pick one of the ones you mentioned.

"Oh me, Oh my, what should I do?" says my Eyore :toomuch:side.

"Just :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:" responds my Tigger side.

"Yet, the right and wisest course would be to find another cartoon to follow!" smoothly spoken by my owl :glow:side

"We haven't time, we haven't time, the gophers are eating my carrots, no time for that," Retorted my Rabbit :ribbit:side

" But what about me, what about me," whined my Piglet :goofball:side

Well, doesn't this just put us in a real dilly, perhaps it is time for a picnic of honey and pickles," calmly quoted my Winnie :eat:side.

OH WHERE! :dancingp:OH WHERE IS :dancingp:.........:hearts:CHRISTOPHER ROBINS :hearts:to hold me and :hearts:hug me and put my many sides in :hearts:order and :hearts:rest on a shelf or .....

Here's One for you! I will try to thunk, thunk, thunk of another one?

:excited:

Susan

SusieQ8

View Profile
To speak or not to speak now that is the question....????
Posted : 16 Aug, 2008 04:19 PM

I have been meditating on your question on the tongue. Normally, I am quick but I don't quite know how to say:

"Yes, I believe when we were made by the creator and in the image of the creator, who spoke all things into existence, and gave Adam the breathe of life. One attribute, I believe HE passed onto man is the ability to speak life and blessings into existence and death and cursing."

Have you ever thought it was perculiar that Jesus breathed on the disciples and said, "Receive ye the Holy Spirit". I have always wondered about that event, it's purpose, was something restored to man in that act and all that He imparted?

:prayingf:

Susan

SusieQ8

View Profile
Posted : 16 Aug, 2008 03:45 PM

Do you want us to pick a character?

(Finger tapping on my chin:ROFL:)

HMMM?

:rocknroll:it over, I'll get back to you?

Susan

SusieQ8

View Profile
Knowledge
Posted : 16 Aug, 2008 11:48 AM

:peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace:

The "WORD" you quoted is certainly the WORD of GOD" and therefore truth. It goes forth very powerfully as the LORD intends it to accomplish.

I have humbled myself and I apologized many times. So I anticipate the WORD to be true for "blessings, grace and mercy" to come my way.

May the LORD bless you!

:peace:

Susan

SusieQ8

View Profile
Knowledge
Posted : 16 Aug, 2008 10:22 AM

In the NAME of JESUS, Christ our LORD,

:prayingf:Out of Consideration and in LOVE(really, I hpoe it is seen):prayingf:

POST1

1 Corinthians 8----- Kowledge puffeth up. :prayingf:I have used that verse.:prayingf:

I've seen this verse thrown around a lot in some of the posts I've been reading. Mainly by people using it to hurt another child of God.

:prayingf:This is a judgment of my motive of the heart. It wasn�t my intent to hurt but to be questioned at the time by the person, why the verse was being brought forth. I can see and agree; it could have been the result of the comment. However, nobody contacted me at the time privately or publicly, so, I don�t know. Is this your motive? To hurt? Avenge?:prayingf:

Why try to make someone who is sharing a spiritual truth feel bad and feel they are doing something wrong?

:prayingf:This is a judgment of my motive of the heart. It wasn�t my intent to hurt but to be questioned at the time by the person, why the verse was being brought forth. I can see and agree, it could have been the result of the comment. However, nobody contacted me at the time privately or publicly, so, I don�t know. Is this your motive? To hurt? Avenge?:prayingf:

It is jealousy that causes us to try to "outdo", seem "more spiritual", look "more enlightened",

"appear" more righteous than another.

:prayingf:That is 1 strong accusation with 4 false motivations following. The insult was hurled earlier by a person who chose to depart before I had an opportunity to respond.

I am not jealous at all of anyone, anywhere, or ever. I am the one at the games who claps for a good play by the other team and gets looks from the other parents. I am the one in church who keeps trying to change the word �teams� to ministries because I believe the word �team� brings forth competitions and jealousies.

MORE=Competitive I choose not to play board games or go to professional events with because I don�t like the vicious spirit, I have seen manifest through them? I literally feel a sickness in the pit of my stomach, just like I did when I read this post. :prayingf:

Why the NEED to fit in, be the one on top, always be right ?

:prayingf:This is a judgmental question of my motive of the heart. It wasn�t my intent to hurt but to be questioned at the time by the person why the verse was being brought forth. I can see and agree it could have been the result of the comment. However, nobody contacted me at the time privately or publicly, so, I don�t know. Is this your motive? To hurt? Avenge?

I need to be loved, just like everyone else. I gave up on �fitting in� years ago. I do real well on some popularly accepted doctrines or traditions of man but then there will be something I believe is contrary to scripture. Well, that�s when I notice the bucket brigade filled will insulting and accusing rocks to publicly ping and pelt me as has been done here.:prayingf:

Should we not strive to increase in our knowledge of Christ and spiritual things because someone accuses us of being "puffed up" ? God Forbid !

Some people will always be ever learning and never able to come to the "KNOWLEDGE" of the Truth.

Knowledge of God's Word is a good thing. Don't turn it into something not to be desired, by using Knowledge puffeth up to accuse the brethren.

Me

If it don't apply, just walk on by. Kick the dust from your feet, and move along.

Pride has consequences. Knowledge does puff up. And apparently, you are speaking to a woman or women, because your last verse never coming to the knowledge of God is about silly women laden with sin?

2 Timothy 3:6-7

This post is sounding a bit scary? :prayingf:I discerned correctly. :prayingf:

Perhaps you might want to be more direct with those who have offended you? :prayingf: Actually, I realize you were. :prayingf:

Did they do it to you, personally? :prayingf: No, you admitted that you are offended for somebody else. :prayingf:

Have you followed the admonition in Matt 18 to contact them privately first, :prayingf:NO, I haven�t received any.

with a witness second, :prayingf:again no

and publically :prayingf:YES! In these posts and I think several times before through a declaration to �fight�, baits, pings, and pelts

or through forum admin? :prayingf:I am not sure?

Do they, she, or he even realize, your talking of them? :prayingf:Yes, I did.

Perhaps they will repent and apologize? :prayingf: I have apologize publicly several times for various things I might have said. Not because anyone came to me but because I noticed I stepped on a toe and hurt somebody by mistake. Nobody came to me in humility, privately, saying look, Susan right here I find that to be�. I wasn�t given the opportunity. No, I have only felt stoned publicly like in this post which isn�t according to scripture of NT but perhaps it is OT stoning for blasphemy? That has been mentioned on posts too?:prayingf:

:prayingf:Repeat:prayingf: If not, why are you posting publicly such things? Where's your heart on this matter? What are you trying to accomplish? Are you walking in the fruit of the spirit? Is there a desire to see repentance or is your desire for something else? Are you truly sure about the things your saying? Do you really know the person well enough through the internet to...? Are you sure you want to come forth like this? Do you think it is going to be good for you, for me, for other readers, for the forum, for the LORD?

Post2

All of your questions are quite intimidating.

:prayingf:I am sorry you found them intimidating. I was praying and hoping: it wasn�t me you were referring to, to get you to turn from the direction I perceived this post was going, or to get a private e-mail conversation for the sake of is going to be good for you, for me, for other readers, for the forum, for the LORD?:prayingf:

No one has offended me personally, but you seem quite agitated that I pointed out something that I noticed in former posts. :prayingf:Not agitated just concerned, considerate and loving the LORD, you, others, and myself.

Isn't that what this forum is about? To discuss? :prayingf:Yes, to have �stimulating discussions� but not to declare a fight, to call out, to lay in wait, to accuse, to bait, to ping, to pelt, etc..when nothing has been done to you personally.

I've read many of the prior posts in this section and just like hedgedweller explained in the law of visitation, I felt the Witness on some and in others I saw the strife. I shared my opinion. Am I wrong because you do not agree? :prayingf: It appears to me it wasn�t reading but searching for ammo of my own words to supply support to accuse me. Stimulating or strife, again, I have not been contacted privately to give me an opportunity to repent. I am sorry, if you saw it as strife. Perhaps, if you see it again, you could follow the Word, let me know in humility at the time, so, I could have an opportunity stop, turn, and apologize. I don�t know if your opinions are wrong. I do know in my life, I have had to humble myself and apologize for being right yet going about it wrong. I have found that to be even harder to do.:prayingf:

Why do you find the post scary ?prayingf: I discerned correctly:

I feel it does apply because when one member of the body is hurt, the others are also. :prayingf:Yes, I apologized to anyone who has made me aware that I hurt them and some others who I realized on my own. Some have spoken words of forgiveness, others have left, and some�

I could also pose the same question to you---- is your intimidating response showing you are walking in the fruit of the Spirit ? :prayingf:I have been trying really hard to be loving, patient, persevere, long-suffering, kind, peaceable, humble, self-controlled and the like.

Post3

Your response has deeply offended me. I feel you have personally attacked me; when my first post was referring to my own opinion about things I have read. :prayingf: I am sorry you are �deeply offended� and �feel deeply attacked�. I wasn�t trying to �attact� but was praying, hoping, and intending to gently, tenderly inquirer in hopes of changing the direction or following Matt 18. I believe the limits of internet relationships might hinder some of the emotional translation of this because there is no ability to really see or really hear how something is being said to properly discern�anyway, again, I am sorry.

Post4

If it did not apply, shouldn't you have kicked the dust from your feet and moved along ? :prayingf: I recognized, discerned, and knew it was me and therefore applied.

My grand-mother always told me :

PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH !

:prayingf:I am because I am praying and hoping that perhaps we can get past this point and become friends. I have been trying really hard to be loving, patient, persevere, long-suffering, kind, peaceable, humble, self-controlled and the like. I have clothed myself with humility and love. I have taken my time, my children�s time and my emotional and spiritual resources to pour this out. I requested a �be nice because it was my birthday�. I knew this was coming because of and since the following post:

golden friendships

Posted : 12 Aug, 2008 01:32 PM

For a long time hedgedweller and deborahe have been considered by this online community as our elders in the faith. Her leaving caused quite an uproar. Deborahe, if you ever read this, I'd like you to know you have friends you didn't even know, who will fight the good fight of faith. We are popping up in the forum everywhere !

Hedgedweller, Thank God you're still here ! We don't need flattery---- we need anointing. The anointing breaks the yoke.

:rocknroll: revelation22

Touch not mine anointed and do my prophets no harm.

:prayingf:I, too, lost a friend who chose to leave this site. A woman offered to tell me what was up. I refused to receive it, because it would be gossip, backbiting and tale bearing. He is a great person, so far.(LOL) I have enjoyed the relationship through e-mails, sends wonderful pictures, stories, quips, and quotes. I really look forward to seeing his name. He, also, seems to be a very, supportive, compassionate friend. But the problems were his to deal with, it was not mine to fight.

I am sorry for your loss, for my loss, for others loss, and for the loss to the forum. Again, As I stated in other posts, I believe Deborah was an important, valuable, and vital addition to the forums. I miss her and was sorry to see HER CHOOSE to leave. She said it was by the LORD's leading. :prayingf:

:prayingf:May the LORD bless you:prayingf:

Susan

SusieQ8

View Profile
Knowledge
Posted : 15 Aug, 2008 06:08 PM

:prayingf:Out of consideration and love, I wanted to take a moment and let you know; I have read your posts. :prayingf:

:prayingf:Out of consideration and love, I wanted to let you know: I believe it is going to take me some prayer and time for me to respond. (Probably, later tonight or tomorrow morning at the earliest,perhaps, longer):prayingf:

:prayingf:Between now and then::prayingf:

May the LORD bless you!

Susan

SusieQ8

View Profile
hi
Posted : 15 Aug, 2008 04:59 PM

Thank you! I suppose the mystery of 8 is solved.:ROFL:

A word can certainly be like an apple of gold in a setting of silver.

SusieQ8

SusieQ8

View Profile
Knowledge
Posted : 15 Aug, 2008 02:20 PM

If it don't apply, just walk on by. Kick the dust from your feet, and move along.

Pride has consequences. Knowledge does puff up. And apparently, you are speaking to a woman or women, because your last verse never coming to the knowledge of God is about silly women laden with sin?

:prayingf:2 Timothy 3:6-7

This post is sounding a bit scary? Perhaps you might want to be more direct with those who have offended you? Did they do it to you, personally? Have you followed the admonition in Matt 18 to contact them privately first, with a witness second, and publically or through forum admin? Do they, she, or he even realize, your talking of them? Perhaps they will repent and apologize?

If not, why are you posting publically such things? Where's your heart on this matter? What are you trying to accomplish? Are you walking in the fruit of the spirit? Is there a desire to see repentence or is your desire for something else? Are you truly sure about the things your saying? Do you really know the person well enough through the internet to...? Are you sure you want to come forth like this? Do you think it is going to be good for you, for me, for other readers, for the forum, for the LORD?

:prayingf::prayingf::prayingf::prayingf::prayingf::prayingf::prayingf:

Susan

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10