Author Thread
SusieQ8

View Profile
JOKES; JESTING
Posted : 15 Aug, 2008 01:51 PM

I believe the LORD has instructions but not forbidden.

:prayingf:OT: "Like a madman shooting firebrands or deadly arrows is a man who deceives his neighbor and says, 'I was only joking!'" - Proverbs 26:18-19

Concern would be for deceiving? Wow, "Like a madman shooting firebrands or deadly arrows."

At home, the children tend to call each other names (which is forbidden), anyway then they try and get out of it. So, out comes this scripture. Along with

:prayingf:Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV) �And be kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.�

NT

:prayingf:Ephesion 5:4

International standard version

Obscene, flippant, or vulgar talk is totally inappropriate. Instead, let there be thanksgiving.

New American Standard Bible (�1995)

and there must be no filthiness and silly talk, or coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks.

GOD'S WORD� Translation (�1995)

It's not right that dirty stories, foolish talk, or obscene jokes should be mentioned among you either. Instead, give thanks [to God].

King James Bible

Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.

American King James Version

Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.

There is a line between these and enjoying fellowship with some light humor. I believe it is were the hurting begins. When somebody doesn't think it is funny anymore, it should stop. I can tell not just by words, but if I stop long enough to notice body language and establish eye contact.

Again with the children, 4 boys and 4 girls; Sometimes the joking, ribbing, teasing and tickling gets out of hand around here. I notice or more then likely "hear about" it.The boys tend to be more at it and the girls are crying, btw. I tell the child/ren involved obviously it isn't funny because this child is hurting or offended. Sometimes, I have even told them it is perversion of humor to receive pleasure at the expense of another.

Yes, they say, "Aww, they just can't take a joke, mom! What a big cry baby, I can't stand being around such babies! or C'mon, lighten up--can't cha take it, huh?" (Bullies?)At this they are told to put their hand over their mouths and not to say another word, nonono, not, no, not a word! At which point, I breathe and go back to what I was doing until I am prepared to address the issue. I wait a few moments explain the wrong. Make them apologize to the injured, the witnesses, and me for their rude, vulgar, etc... and inappropriate behavior.

Now, there are times around the circle (family, yes, I almost called it zoo or farm yard but I am being serious), when the victim? wants to tell about a long past event in retailiation to switch my focus off what they have just done! Nope, not, nada, ain't gonna work=double trouble for you!

You might want to know, I have 5 dogs (labs and Bichons), 10 puppies,and 5 salamandars.

I believe there is light-hearted humor which is acceptable in GOD's sight, some more proverbs might support. It is the responsibility of the humorist to be aware and beware. And of anyone who is feeling offended to speak up in the moment or utilizing the instructions of MATT 18: 1 privately 2 witnesses 3 churched.

So far, you have been okay with me, I hope I haven't been too much or rough on you about spinning and catching. If so, I am sorry. I know this was long but I hope this helps somebody?

Susan

SusieQ8

View Profile
Tongues
Posted : 15 Aug, 2008 08:05 AM

Yes tongues, and severally as the Spirit wills.

Believe it or not, Billy Graham's daughter, Anne Graham Lotz, said in a meeting I was at about the gifts. To try them all whenever the occassion requires it. Even if, it was never manifest in you before. Who knows perhaps, the LORD will use you if you are an open, clean, prepared, ready, WILLING vessel.

So, I pray, I hope, I believe, and I yeild for the sake of others, for the praise and glory to be given to GOD alone.

:yay::applause::bow:

:prayingf:

Susan

SusieQ8

View Profile
Strongholds in our lives...
Posted : 15 Aug, 2008 06:55 AM

Revelation22,

Clint Eastwood: "the good, the bad, and the ugly" I scared!:excited:

:rolleyes::laugh::ROFL: Just funning! You have great stamina!

STRONGHOLDS:

How about a canopy of thanksgiving, praise, and worship?

:yay::yay::rocknroll::applause::dancingp::bow::bow:

:prayingf:Susan:prayingf:

SusieQ8

View Profile
Beautiful But Eery!China as a new age USA!
Posted : 15 Aug, 2008 06:44 AM

Revelation22, sweetie,

NO< :prayingf:I hope not pushy:excited: just the logical conclusion of spinning is to fall. Just like when we were children, hey, we are still children of God, right?

Watch or try

1 spinning:waving:,

2 spinning:glow:,

3 spinning:yay:,

4 spinning:nahnah:,

5 spinning:winksmile:,

6 spinning:ribbit:,

7 spinning:goofball:.

PERFECT done!:excited:

Yep, your fininshed,

your staggering,

your woosie,

just like a :Mug: :toomuch:

buddies:I gotcha and caught you again.

OW!: :boxing: Different arm, this time it was an ear for hearing; you hit with your elbow?:peace:

Susan

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

SusieQ8

View Profile
CENTER STAGE....YOU'RE ON !!! (POETRY) (SONGS)
Posted : 14 Aug, 2008 08:46 PM

oooh, aaaah, your's is better, it will woo a young woman's!:hearts:

Susan

SusieQ8

View Profile
Strongholds in our lives...
Posted : 14 Aug, 2008 08:01 PM

I am not doing math on this one, it's up on Hedgedweller's question for olympic gold/medal guess. This required hand/eye co-ordination through point/clicking and counting clicks. (Scratching my head) Counting is that math.:goofball:

I like Math, though, totally objective (except statistics which they manipulate with their questions, yuch!) Yep, and YEAH Math has a right answer and just one.

EX: 1+1=3

Oops, that's the result of the reading of Song of Solomon.

Strawberi,

Perhaps, a night at the local camp or funny farm is in order for me.:goofball:

BTW: The children come back tomorrow for 4 days.

Revelation22

I' ll catch you, really, I promise. You can stop spinning, I am getting dizzy:goofball:

:prayingf:BTW: I think you are doing great foruming: your quick, sharp, humorous, and have scriptures. I love those verses you have been sharing. I admit you scared me at first, but you seem to have a merry heart.

:party:I know you all need to know MONDAY's me birthday, so, please be nice to me, I'm aging 47. :goofball: I better check my friends to see if I'm too old for their criteria? :goofball: I know vain, self-centered, ... but it's my birthday:goofball::party:

Okay, I am getting convicted the subject is (drumroll please)

STRONGHOLD's

So, do you think perhaps all this humor, laughter, joy. gladness, and comradarie (SP) could be examples of strongholds provided by GOD to protect HIS people?

:rocknroll:

Susan

SusieQ8

View Profile
Israel
Posted : 14 Aug, 2008 06:27 PM

AMEN! Heard the call! Thanks for the reminder!

:prayingf::prayingf::prayingf::prayingf::prayingf::prayingf::prayingf:

Susan

SusieQ8

View Profile
CENTER STAGE....YOU'RE ON !!! (POETRY) (SONGS)
Posted : 14 Aug, 2008 06:18 PM

to make my heart go pitter, patter, TOO!

Great peots exist on CDFF!!! At least maybe teamwork! Loved the multiple choices too!:glow:

Susan

SusieQ8

View Profile
Beautiful But Eery!China as a new age USA!
Posted : 14 Aug, 2008 01:04 PM

Revelation22

You have a terrific sense of humor. I can see and hear!

Don't worry about that spinning or vertigo thing I seem to keep doing to you! I promised I would try to catch you if you fall!:dancingp:

YEP, caught you! but your elbow hit me in the eye!!!:excited:

Worth the pain for the gain of your safety!:yay:

Blessings and :peace:,

Susan

SusieQ8

View Profile
The 3 Day Rule!!!!
Posted : 14 Aug, 2008 12:54 PM

My 3-day rule doesn't have to do w/dating

but when I am really, really, really upset about something.

DAY 1 kill it and be QUIET, I can't be trusted to speak.

DAY 2 Pray some more and get some godly advice from reliable sources.

DAY 3 Be patient, keep praying, wait on GOD, WAIT, WAIT, check my spirit, get my armor, cloth myself in humility and love.wait on GOD, WAIT, WAIT, check my spirit again, Listen, listen, listen, and finally sometimes in the evening after gathering all the fruit, making sure everthings comfortable, relaxed--then speak gently, self-controlled.

Thankfully, it is usually resolved by the LORD before the third day rolls around!:yay::applause::bow:

For dating I would imagine it would be torture if you really, really, really liked the person. Worse than dieting?

Blessings to all adventurers,

Susan

Page : 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11